General Gaming Thread

TKz

They released some new screenshots though.

None of them seem to really be anything substantial, but hey, it's something I guess.

I really enjoyed the old Sonic games. Even though they weren't as mechanically sound as some of their contemporaries, they were still so stylish, fun and accessible. Sonic Mania has a good chance of being decent because it's being made by the team who put together the highly regarded enhanced port of Sonic CD, as well as some of the people who made an unofficial HD remaster of Sonic 2.

Sonic Forces looks like a game akin to Sonic Generations, which I also quite liked. I won't hold out great hope for its quality because, well, it's a modern Sonic game, but you never know.

I played the first story with no concept of Borderlands whatsoever - it's straightforward enough that you can fill in the blanks, and it made me laugh out loud once or twice.

The only thing you need to know (which I think it fills in the blanks of), is that Handsome Jack was the antagonist of Borderlands 2.

It's definitely Telltale's best comedic effort, and has some good drama in there too. It also has my all-time favourite Telltale scene (spoilers, obviously):

Spoiler

On 2017-6-2 at 10:58, Benji said:

Holy hell, Sonic Mania looks perfect. This is the sequel I have wanted for twenty years. Please live up to the hype :o

OjQK0J1.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Ninja Theory (the people behind Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, the Devil May Cry remake, and the totally under appreciated Kung Fu Chaos) have announced that their new game - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, will drop August 8th.

Did not care for Injustice 2's storyline much. It just felt like a typical big Justice League story with a hero battle royal tacked on the end. Injustice had the novelty of Superman going bad, Hal Jordan going Yellow, Harley going good and the drama with Batman and Damian.  

Spoiler

Maybe if the story for 2 played with the Red Lantern stuff a bit more. I really think the end should have been Superman redeeming himself by sacrificing his life to save the planet. If I were rewriting I'd have Doctor Fate not align with Brainiac. I'd have him let Clark somehow talk to Lois, let her put some shame on him and encourage him to turn around. After that they beat Brainiac and restore some cities but a security feature sets the ship for self destruct and Brainiac tells them it'll destroy earth. Superman ushers everyone off before letting Bruce take Brainiac off for imprisonment and Clark pushes the ship into space where it blows up and kills him.

I know they want him for 3 too but there's ways to do that. Have him in flashback fights or theme 3 around time travel and bring a Superman from the past forward. 

34 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Did not care for Injustice 2's storyline much. It just felt like a typical big Justice League story with a hero battle royal tacked on the end. Injustice had the novelty of Superman going bad, Hal Jordan going Yellow, Harley going good and the drama with Batman and Damian. 

I mean, the other stuff okay, but they kind of just threw that in with little fanfare. Even Deathstroke giving sick burns to Wonder Woman was just as long and integral to the plot, but also was a lot more memorable to boot.

2 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

I mean, the other stuff okay, but they kind of just threw that in with little fanfare. Even Deathstroke giving sick burns to Wonder Woman was just as long and integral to the plot, but also was a lot more memorable to boot.

It wasn't featured much but the idea there was a rift between them and that Damian became Night wing created some mystery and interest.

Trailer for Life Is Strange: Before The Storm, a prequel to Life Is Strange, a three episode story with the first episode dropping August 31st. There's rumours of a proper sequel some time soon as well.

I should be excited but having to play as Chloe might be enough to make me not get involved.

• Like 1

I prefer the idea of Life is Strange being a standalone story. Too much filling in the gaps can be a bad thing, and this game isn't even being made by the original developers and writers. I'll keep an open mind, but I'm also not hopping aboard with no questions asked.

• Like 1