General Gaming Thread

TKz

25 minutes ago, E C Fork! said:

For those of you who are not trophy hunters, do you guys replay your games? I feel like there are always games that I need to beat and since my time for video games is so little, I don't feel like I'll end up playing many of the games that I have more than once...even if I do enjoy them.

Depends on the game, really. if it is a long story based one, then I tend only to do it once or twice and the second time tends to be a long time after the first.

And the phrase is "trophy noncing". :shifty:

• Like 2

I currently have 20 games....and I plan to buy at least 4-5 more before this years over. I've only beat 5 of the 20 that I currently have. I get about 1 good day a week in for video game playing....sometimes only 1 good day a month. So yeah, as much as I'd love to probably play things again, I just starting to feel like I'm wasting my money if I don't try to complete all the ones that I buy.

Maybe I just need a couple years where there are no games I'm interested in <_< 

Just now, E C Fork! said:

I currently have 20 games....and I plan to buy at least 4-5 more before this years over. I've only beat 5 of the 20 that I currently have. I get about 1 good day a week in for video game playing....sometimes only 1 good day a month. So yeah, as much as I'd love to probably play things again, I just starting to feel like I'm wasting my money if I don't try to complete all the ones that I buy.

Maybe I just need a couple years where there are no games I'm interested in <_< 

Since I bought my PS4, I've apparently bought/downloaded over 100 games (mostly PS+ freebies that I've not really got any interest in), I've only finished 20, so it isn't just you :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cherrycode Bang said:

Since I bought my PS4, I've apparently bought/downloaded over 100 games (mostly PS+ freebies that I've not really got any interest in), I've only finished 20, so it isn't just you :P

Yeah I wasn't counting the ones that I've downloaded from PS+ that I claim I'll play someday....So far Wolf Among Us and Until Dawn are the only ones out of those that I've actually played more than 10 minutes of.

I've just looked it up on PSNProfiles and I've apparently 'played' 76, which means there's about 30-odd games I own that I've never earned a trophy on. About 20% of the ones I do have trophies for are games I've not really liked that I accidentally earned one trophy on so it's stuck on my profile forever to taunt me.

Arkham Knight, Fallout 4, Sleeping Dogs, both Metro games, both Saints Row games, Bully, probably others I'm forgetting - all ones I've either downloaded in sales or bought with the intention of playing and just not bothered with yet.

Some day I might get around to fixing it. But then again, probably not.

Been really enjoying Killing Floor 2 lately. It has meant that Wipeout has taken a bit of a back-seat but I've played most of it before anyway, as this was just a re-master of sorts.

I'm currently at level 24 Commando on KF2. Once I reach 25, that'll be my platinum trophy. Really looking forward to some of the extra stuff they've got in the pipeline for it though, so I'll definitely keep playing.

38 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Killing Floor 2 is fun, but whenever I try to have a game or two by myself it never seems to be able to find any available games. :/

They've been having server issues and a patch is imminent. 

The gun combat is much more smooth than I was expecting, and it's easy to pick up and play even on your first go. You do need a mix of classes whilst playing though, as each of them come with their own perks. A Medic and a Support are always handy.

I've been playing through the telltale games that I've been meaning to play such as Guardians of the Galaxy, completing Walking Dead: Frontier and now starting the tales from the borderlands that I downloaded the other month.  Downloaded Game of Thrones as well.

16 hours ago, E C Fork! said:

For those of you who are not trophy hunters, do you guys replay your games? I feel like there are always games that I need to beat and since my time for video games is so little, I don't feel like I'll end up playing many of the games that I have more than once...even if I do enjoy them.

It depends on how much content is there to see. Something like KOTOR with a good path and an evil path I will play at least twice.

I've played VTMB like five times to see all the different endgame paths, and may play it more to see clan-exclusive stuff.

These days, I barely finish a game, let alone replay them. When I was younger, I'd play through my favourites quite often - for the platform games and side-scrollers it was fun to try and speed-run them, or just get so familiar with where everything was that I could blitz through them fairly mindlessly, and for the RPGs and adventure games and the like, it was nice to revisit them, or try and put a new twist or challenge on how I was going to play; Final Fantasy VII but with a different party, or putting restrictions on what equipment/materia I used, for example.

I must have played through Final Fantasy VII, or at least up until the end of disc 2, countless times. Same for FFIX, Chrono Trigger, Metal Gear Solid and Secret Of Monkey Island.

These days, I'm more likely to just play something for half an hour to kill time, and I struggle to get invested in the story of a game because I don't often allow myself that much time to get fully immersed in it. There's not much I've played since getting a PS4 that, if I have finished it, I can see myself going back to, either because I've got too much else I'd rather get started on, or because the thought of going through the early part of the game again turns me off.

12 hours ago, Skummy said:

These days, I barely finish a game, let alone replay them. When I was younger, I'd play through my favourites quite often - for the platform games and side-scrollers it was fun to try and speed-run them, or just get so familiar with where everything was that I could blitz through them fairly mindlessly, and for the RPGs and adventure games and the like, it was nice to revisit them, or try and put a new twist or challenge on how I was going to play; Final Fantasy VII but with a different party, or putting restrictions on what equipment/materia I used, for example.

I must have played through Final Fantasy VII, or at least up until the end of disc 2, countless times. Same for FFIX, Chrono Trigger, Metal Gear Solid and Secret Of Monkey Island.

These days, I'm more likely to just play something for half an hour to kill time, and I struggle to get invested in the story of a game because I don't often allow myself that much time to get fully immersed in it. There's not much I've played since getting a PS4 that, if I have finished it, I can see myself going back to, either because I've got too much else I'd rather get started on, or because the thought of going through the early part of the game again turns me off.

This is basically the way with me. I think if I was single then it might be a different story but even then I never really played video games on a daily basis. However I have beaten Final Fantasy VII and VIII several times and the original Metal Gear Solid. Those are probably the only three games I've beaten several times.