General Gaming Thread

TKz

6 hours ago, Astro Forky said:

To be fair, it's a fucking video game! Run and gun mother fucker! :P 

Not everybody wants to be an unstoppable murdering machine, though. Some people wants to be an unspottable sneaking machine.
It's escapism, and luckily there are different genres for different people. I love myself some good shooters, too. But sometimes I just wanna play a game where I do the opposite of that and squat-walk my way through a South American embassy just so I could hack one specific computer, and go back out again without anything or anyone being disturbed by my presence :D

Payday 2 is great fun because it can be done both ways, and it feels equally empowering to sneak your way through a heist than it is to blast everyone around you in their faces.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Not everybody wants to be an unstoppable murdering machine, though. Some people wants to be an unspottable sneaking machine.

And some people want to wield a giant candy cane and save the kingdom with their father (who is a baby, yet 50 years old).

<_<

• Like 1

Picked up Darkest Dungeon, really enjoying it.  Turned based RPG but its similar to XCOM with how you recruit party members, all with a fun Cthulhu-y theme.

• Like 1

The Long Dark was released yesterday, it's basically a survival sandbox game where you're stuck in a wintery wilderness and have to survive as long as possible. They've also included a story mode for the full release. Sounds like something I would imagine is right up @ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster's street.

• Like 1

Has anyone played The Forest? I watched a bit of a playthrough and man, I wish I had a good enough computer to run it. Surviving and exploring on an Island of Cannibals and mutants is my thing.

I'm getting to the point with Hearthstone where I get real irritated when I lose. I told myself I'd never be that way - my cousin actually rages and has to watch his blood pressure when he loses, and he's much better at it than I am - but here I am, closing the game after losing one game because I felt like yelling at my monitor. <_< At least I know not to keep playing when I feel like that.

I still find it a fun game, but I get so frustrated at 

Me: [gets good opening hand, plays game well (I think), waits on opponent]
OPPONENT: [gets insane hand, turn 5 lethal]
ME: :angry::angry:

Edited by Broken Cloyd

18 hours ago, Broken Cloyd said:

I'm getting to the point with Hearthstone where I get real irritated when I lose. I told myself I'd never be that way - my cousin actually rages and has to watch his blood pressure when he loses, and he's much better at it than I am - but here I am, closing the game after losing one game because I felt like yelling at my monitor. <_< At least I know not to keep playing when I feel like that.

I still find it a fun game, but I get so frustrated at 

Me: [gets good opening hand, plays game well (I think), waits on opponent]
OPPONENT: [gets insane hand, turn 5 lethal]
ME: :angry::angry:

I recently started Hearthstone, such a frustrating game when things go wrong.

• Like 1

Finally just finished Watchdogs and while I didn't hate it as much as I've seen some people hate on it, it definitely had many many flaws. I also probably should not have played through part of Act 1 then not played it again for over two years because when I came back to it, I was completely lost. I'm not even sure I know exactly what happened but I got the gist out of it. They also really should have given you a reason to do the side quests because I left a lot of them undone.

Ah well....now I get to fire up Kingdom Hearts on Thursday :D 

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice from Ninja Theory (Heavenly Sword, Enslaved, the DMC remakes and Kung Fu Chaos) is out today. Not heard much about it at all, but my experience with their games is nothing but positive. Would pick it up if I didn't already have a serious backlog as it's meant to be £30. Anyone else looking at it?

ACG has a review up, and he's said that the game isn't going to be for anyone but he liked it very much. I pretty much put a lot of stock in his reviews because they tend to be straight to the point and fair, so there's that.

TL;DR - Not for combat-freaks, but is for people who love some puzzles/adventure and good atmosphere.

Edited by Jasonmufc

So I fired up Kingdom Hearts tonight. Two hours in and I've gotten absolutely nowhere substantial yet. I've been spoiled by how much current games lead you around by the hand because this one does not. I think that's what originally stopped me from playing too far into this when it first came out. Hopefully since I'm a bit older and possibly more mature, it won't give me as hard a time as it did back then.