General Gaming Thread

TKz

Just now, TheWho87 said:

Please say you got all the hidden chests in the temples, otherwise restarting may be better than grinding.

Yep. Made it a point to do so. Valefor's second overdrive also obtained.

Hilarious side note: I'm near the point in the story where I got stuck when I first played the game a decade ago. (Mt. Gagazet, should give you a clue what fight it was)

Just now, TheWho87 said:

I stopped playing during my 4th playthrough trying to get the celestial weapons, I have nearly all the parts, I just don't have the paitence for the lightning strikes.

d71V1.jpg

Loop that. Lightning hits the same spot every time. Just got to make sure you learn the timing.

• Like 1

I'm more confident of my chances this round considering the only other boss to give me that level of trouble first time through (first Evrae fight) was merely an irritance.

Then again, I was throwing down Firaga and such by the time I was done the Thunder Plains. <_<

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

d71V1.jpg

Loop that. Lightning hits the same spot every time. Just got to make sure you learn the timing.

Bitch please, don't you think I've looked at every walkthrough and guide on how to do it, I can't be arsed doing it!

Last time I tried I spent around a hour and would fuck up somewhere between 50 and 100.

4 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

Bitch please, don't you think I've looked at every walkthrough and guide on how to do it, I can't be arsed doing it!

Last time I tried I spent around a hour and would fuck up somewhere between 50 and 100.

If you approach the magic crater right, you can be struck twice before you're forced out. Ergo, count by twos.

Also, no encounters is great. Advantage PC.

An hour doing that loop? You are bad at this game :shifty:

Just now, Chuck Tingle said:

If you approach the magic crater right, you can be struck twice before you're forced out. Ergo, count by twos.

I mean, you can get a weapon with Enc None. So... no :lol:

2 hours ago, Chuck Tingle said:

If anything not having that is the console's win.

2 hours ago, Chuck Tingle said:

I know this probably seems incredibly sad, but is it possible to "play" through the whole game without random encounters and still be able to beat the bosses? I've toyed with the idea of going through Final Fantasy VII again just to go through the story, only without being rogered by floating dolls' houses every few seconds.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobfoc said:

I know this probably seems incredibly sad, but is it possible to "play" through the whole game without random encounters and still be able to beat the bosses? I've toyed with the idea of going through Final Fantasy VII again just to go through the story, only without being rogered by floating dolls' houses every few seconds.

There's a button shortcut to either disable encounters or increase them. 

And now I'm debating doing a NSG FF X runthrough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobfoc said:

If you get VII on PC or PS4 there are special features that allow you to basically skip random encounters, get full stats, add a fast forward, etc.

• Like 2

Just now, Apsham said:

If you get VII on PC or PS4 there are special features that allow you to basically skip random encounters, get full stats, add a fast forward, etc.

I have the PS4 version, which I started a while ago before getting distracted by something else. I've already finished the game "properly" before, so I'd welcome the chance to skim through with those cheats activated.