Sign in to follow this  
TKz

General Gaming Thread

Fire Pro's great, and you can probably find all those CHIKARA guys and gals on the creator.

Edited by Tyrone
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 19:08, Josh to the World said:

Picked up Hitman 2 for $30 on the PlayStation Store!

A game that was released in 2003 is still thirty bucks? Bloody hell.

I can't tell with him because his jokes are typically pretty shit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, apsham said:

I wouldn't get too terribly hyped over that CHIKARA game, now that I know it's from the same people who did Action Arcade Wrestling.

But I’m a sucker for pretty much anything Chikara. I have to. And I’m hoping it’s good anyhow.

I was looking for a new game tonight and I came across two that tempt me but I'm unsure about. I'm a massive fan of Dragon ball and My Hero Academia so FighterZ and My Hero One Justice caught my attention but I have to wonder, are these games worth it if I don't play online? I'm not too huge into the idea of playing fighting games with other people so I need a good single player base game.

Oh and this.

3 hours ago, =BK= said:

I was looking for a new game tonight and I came across two that tempt me but I'm unsure about. I'm a massive fan of Dragon ball and My Hero Academia so FighterZ and My Hero One Justice caught my attention but I have to wonder, are these games worth it if I don't play online? I'm not too huge into the idea of playing fighting games with other people so I need a good single player base game.

I picked up FighterZ cheap in a sale. I have my girlfriend to play with locally, or else I would've returned it already. It's meant to be a competiyive fighting game - so the story is too long and tacked on for the most part. The fights against the same teams just get annoying. It's primarily meant to be played online.

• Sad 1

On 25/12/2018 at 07:06, apsham said:

I picked up FighterZ cheap in a sale. I have my girlfriend to play with locally, or else I would've returned it already. It's meant to be a competiyive fighting game - so the story is too long and tacked on for the most part. The fights against the same teams just get annoying. It's primarily meant to be played online.

I ended up buying Xenoverse 2 instead since I loved the first one.

16 hours ago, =BK= said:

I ended up buying Xenoverse 2 instead since I loved the first one.

Probably a good call, a lot more single player content there for sure.

Interesting. With IO putting its time into the new Hitman 2, and quite a few of the aspects of its predecessors being put in, it's a little surprising that they're also bringing back these ones. It's also interesting that they're combining Blood Money, considered to be the best of the old Hitman games, and Absolution, which is seen as the "odd one out" of the series in terms of its gameplay style.

In other news, it looks as though Catherine will be coming to PC soon. I have no intention of playing through the game again because it's bloody frustrating, but it's something I'd recommend for one run-through.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

In other news, it looks as though Catherine will be coming to PC soon. I have no intention of playing through the game again because it's bloody frustrating, but it's something I'd recommend for one run-through.

:w00t: I'm sold.

If you want to see all the endings you will need to do several playthroughs, however. The quickest way would be to do a run at a certain alignment level, then from that point follow a guide to get all the endings for that alignment. There's three alignments, one has two endings and the others three.

Also, don't jump into Hard mode. Hell, unless you're hardcore into puzzles I wouldn't even start in Medium. Good news is one of the NPCs in the game will show you techniques, the Inazuma technique is absolutely crucial to late game success.

Blood Money was my favourite Hitman by far and I've been waiting on playing the new ones for a while so that's awesome. Is there a price for it yet?

38 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Blood Money was my favourite Hitman by far and I've been waiting on playing the new ones for a while so that's awesome. Is there a price for it yet?

Full price, apparently. I've also read that it's digital only.

I was going to say good thing on that Hitman collection - but full price? Fuck you. Do Contracts and II as well or don't bother if you're going full price.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, apsham said:

I was going to say good thing on that Hitman collection - but full price? Fuck you. Do Contracts and II as well or don't bother if you're going full price.

Yeah, seriously. I'd rather see the older ones remastered than Absolution. Absolution's the only Hitman game I've completed but it hasn't been out for long enough to really warrant an HD remaster in my eyes. I suppose it's good for those that want it on PS4/Xbox One, but still. Full price for it is nonsense. The Crash Bandicoot and Spyro remasters weren't really full price (IIRC?) on release and they both included more games, probably a fair bit more work, and there was much more a demand for them as well.

6 hours ago, apsham said:

To take their side a little, this will technically be the first time they release both games: Square was getting a big chunk of the profit last time.

I think they should include Contracts as well because it would be a better value, and because Contracts essentially retells Agent 47 so you never need to try and play it. But I paid $60 for Blood Money and if I had a PS4 I'd probably do it again.

Didn't they originally do a HD collection on 360/PS3 for the original Hitman games? That's probably why they aren't rereleasing them. 

40 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Didn't they originally do a HD collection on 360/PS3 for the original Hitman games? That's probably why they aren't rereleasing them. 

They did. Blood Money was in that collection too, though, so I can see why people would want Contracts as well.