General Gaming Thread

TKz

Well, as an early birthday thing I just bought that along with Arkham Asylum and Arkham City whatever the bundle is called.

3 hours ago, =BK= said:

Someone, sell me on "The Last of Us".

Watch the intro on YouTube, and pretend the story ends there because the rest is garbage.

10 minutes ago, America's Most Forky said:

I need to actually go back and pay more attention to it. I enjoyed it but I think I rushed through it and didn't get a lot out of the story. I need to go back and really let it sink in.

I found that to be the case when I played it the first time. I liked it, but I didn't quite get the hype. When I played it a second time about a year later, I enjoyed it a lot more.

Playing it as this stage runs the risk of letting the "BEST GAME EVER" reputation build up your expectations to unrealistic levels, so it's a good idea to put that out of your mind. Like any game, it has its moments of frustration. In my opinion, though, it still deserves the acclaim it received.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I found that to be the case when I played it the first time. I liked it, but I didn't quite get the hype. When I played it a second time about a year later, I enjoyed it a lot more.

Playing it as this stage runs the risk of letting the "BEST GAME EVER" reputation build up your expectations to unrealistic levels, so it's a good idea to put that out of your mind. Like any game, it has its moments of frustration. In my opinion, though, it still deserves the acclaim it received.

Here's the thing though: I didn't pay attention to the hype. The only reason I even played it was because it was bundled with my PS4.

I may be a little bit upset that after the prologue everyone was entirely unlikable and had less depth and personality than the giraffe, or the fact that I predicted exactly how the game was going to turn out about halfway through Act 1. But the whole thing just felt like a tech demo with a plot stitched around it.

That being said, I might have found it very entertaining if they did the entire game like this:

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Arkham Asylum is so much fun. Can I go back and colject the Riddler stuff after I beat it or should I hold off when I get the feeling I'm nearing the end?

Beat Joker, found all of Riddler's stuff and solved the spirit of Arkham thing. Anything missing? If that's all(aside from challenge mode) I guess I'll start Arkham City in the next couple days.

Cool. I figured it was but I also thought maybe there was something more with...

Spoiler

Bane after his arm popped out of the  water and grabbed the Joker venom.

Does the GOTY/Ultimate Edition of Arkham City come with all the Batman skins? I saw "Batman inc skin" in the cut oiff description when I bought it but now that I'm installing the thing I saw a "Skin pack' install with an icon that had them all on it.

God, animated series Batman is creepy as fuck in this game. Something to do with how the eyes fit onto the model. I used the code that let's me pick a skin outside of New Game +. Think I'm gonna use Earth One or Batman inc. I love Batman Beyond but playing a Batman game with no cape feels wrong.