General Gaming Thread

TKz

Just now, KingofHarts_OH said:

Stardew Valley, for sure,

I might have mentioned I only have a PS3 and a crappy PC :P

If I had the next gen I'd be looking at No Man's Sky.

5 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I might have mentioned I only have a PS3 :P

If I had the next gen I'd be looking at No Man's Sky.

No Man's Sky is a mistake. It was hyped up and up, but became a let down real quick. One of the worst failures in recent gaming history.

Um, you could go with Beyond Good and Evil. It's for the PS2, and although I had an Xbox 360, and now an X1, I am getting a PS4 soon, so I don't know if PS3 supports backwards compatibility. 

EDIT: I forgot you need a game with little to no sound.

Have you played Journey? I'm pretty sure that's for the PS3.

Edited by KingofHarts_OH

Contrarily, I'd say No Mans Sky is the perfect game you're looking for (albeit on PS4). There's been many times I've spent a few hours with Spotify playing some new albums while I've just cruised around exploring the galaxy. It's a disappointment in that it didn't live up to the massive hype but its by no means a bad game.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Kaney said:

Contrarily, I'd say No Mans Sky is the perfect game you're looking for (albeit on PS4). There's been many times I've spent a few hours with Spotify playing some new albums while I've just cruised around exploring the galaxy. It's a disappointment in that it didn't live up to the massive hype but its by no means a bad game.

Didn't they have a pretty big update to No Man's Sky relatively recently and it's getting actually decent reviews now?

9 hours ago, =BK= said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good game to play while listening to podcasts? Something sound matters little in? Minecraft and old GBA games are my go to games for this but I've tired on both things. Don't Starve looks like it may work.

Tokyo Jungle. 

Don't Starve is fine, but I think there are subtle audio cues that are helpful to hear. 

Given our mutual love of the crying naked game, Spelunky, Risk of Rain, Nuclear Throne.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Owen said:

Didn't they have a pretty big update to No Man's Sky relatively recently and it's getting actually decent reviews now?

I have no idea, I've been occupied with other stuff since before that update >_>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I have no idea, I've been occupied with other stuff since before that update >_>

Fair enough! Just checked the reviews on Steam and the recent views are mostly positive and a lot of the comments also reference how it's a better game since the update.

20 minutes ago, Owen said:

Fair enough! Just checked the reviews on Steam and the recent views are mostly positive and a lot of the comments also reference how it's a better game since the update.

There was a No Man's Sky thread here before. I actually have not had the chance to go around and play it recently, but I probably will sometime in October. I actually really enjoyed the game when it was released. It was not perfect, but it was a good game to spend a couple hours playing. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RPS said:

There was a No Man's Sky thread here before. I actually have not had the chance to go around and play it recently, but I probably will sometime in October. I actually really enjoyed the game when it was released. It was not perfect, but it was a good game to spend a couple hours playing. 

Apparently the game got better. But I haven't touched it since a day after release 

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Funny you guys are talking about No Man's Sky. I got an email from GameStop yesterday and they have it for only $20.

Get it and we can play togeth... oh wait. 

Ended up buying "Don't Starve" since none of the suggested games grabbed me and it was cheap. Just the game I thought it'd be. So fun. I survived 23 days before a tree-man in the winter smashed me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, =BK= said:

Ended up buying "Don't Starve" since none of the suggested games grabbed me and it was cheap. Just the game I thought it'd be. So fun. I survived 23 days before a tree-man in the winter smashed me.

On PC? 

Made it through the winter this time. Immediately decided to attack a beehive for stingers since I had Jet feathers. Killer bees. Oh well, I'll be much better off if I can actually find beefalo in my next world.