General Gaming Thread

TKz

20 hours ago, =BK= said:

PS3.

Didn't know it came out to PS3. 

Don't Starve is a fun game, but I found after my fourth round, I was done. Split screen would be a lot of fun though. 

15 minutes ago, Benji said:

I mean like - action RPG or turn-based? JRPG or Western? One involving guns or one involving swords and sorcery?

Surprise me! Something critically acclaimed.

11 minutes ago, Benji said:

Well I assume you've already played Skyrim, so after that The Witcher 3 is probably the best RPG out there, and you don't really need to know much of the backstory as it fills in most of it for you or becomes obvious as you play.

Okay, now lets try turn based JRPG's :shifty: 

That is why I asked! :@

Solution: Play another console because X-Box One is probably the worst for JRPGs :shifty:

Actual solution: if it is able to play on X-Box One through it's backwards compatibility with 360, Blue Dragon is great fun, Lost Odyssey less so but still pretty decent. FFXV is... okay but didn't really enthrall me (I never completed it, mind). I've heard decent things about Pier Solar, but never played it.

You'd probably be better off looking at PC to be honest.

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Are there any good Xbox One RPG type games anyone could recommend? I want to trade in Destiny 2 because online only is wank.

Wasteland 2. It's basically old school squad based Fallout. 

The battle system is alot like XCom in nature, with the moves based on AP's and everyone having an order in the next attack based on a few things etc. But the game setting and plot might as well be Fallout in many ways. I have completed it twice and thought about buying it again just so I can do it for a third time.

4 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

The battle system is alot like XCom in nature, with the moves based on AP's and everyone having an order in the next attack based on a few things etc. But the game setting and plot might as well be Fallout in many ways. I have completed it twice and thought about buying it again just so I can do it for a third time.

Benji and ApSham are useless, you know what I want :wub: 

It will be amazing for someone to get the game and actually play it, so I can tall about it! But aye, great world setting, so many ways to play it, very tactical battles with each enemy needing different ways of being fought with, no battle is hopeless (assuming you have been half sensible with your equipment) even if it feels like it at the time (I often got beat bad a few times, left it a day or two, came back after thinking about it and found a way through).

I want to play it again now. :(

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

Wasteland is not a fucking JRPG you cockbanner.

:lol: Its an RPG by Square Enix, it is J enough for me I guess

1 minute ago, 9 to 5 said:

It will be amazing for someone to get the game and actually play it, so I can tall about it! But aye, great world setting, so many ways to play it, very tactical battles with each enemy needing different ways of being fought with, no battle is hopeless (assuming you have been half sensible with your equipment) even if it feels like it at the time (I often got beat bad a few times, left it a day or two, came back after thinking about it and found a way through).

I want to play it again now. :(

Ima see if they have it in GAME or CEX next time I go there

Might have to look hard, physical copies exist (since I had it like that) but I think it was largely a downloaded game. Often in sales on the Ps Store so I imagine the same is true in your second rate console.