General Gaming Thread

TKz

The hospital scene is probably the most absurd thing in the MGS timeline.

Unless you have a mutant healing factor there is no way you could move about after a coma that long, much less engage in a firefight.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

More absurd than the vampire person who walks on water and can survive gunshot wounds to the head due to nanomachine technology? What about the obese, yet highly acrobatic Russian soldier who shoots bees out his mouth? The flying psychic who controls your television? The breakdancing ninja who can spin huge bipedal mechs around with his feet? The 100-year-old sniper who hibernates and feeds himself through photosynthesis?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Finally got around to trying This War of Mine and I am hooked. It's all I've played the past few days. I'm currently at day 45/80 with winter still to come.  I have built up to 4 people.  Makes it so much easier.

My first attempt was definitely trial and error.  Started with 3 and let two die so I could play with one. Bad idea.  Two days later,  she killed herself. Just brutal.

10 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Unless you have a mutant healing factor there is no way you could move about after a coma that long, much less engage in a firefight.

Yes, it's definitely the most absurd part of that scene where you're being chased by a man made of fire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Finally got around to trying This War of Mine and I am hooked. It's all I've played the past few days. I'm currently at day 45/80 with winter still to come.  I have built up to 4 people.  Makes it so much easier.

My first attempt was definitely trial and error.  Started with 3 and let two die so I could play with one. Bad idea.  Two days later,  she killed herself. Just brutal.

How do you build people? The old fashioned way? :pervert: 

This War of Mine is a fantastic game. I hope you have plenty of firewood for winter. Oh, and moonshine for trading. 

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

More absurd than the vampire person who walks on water and can survive gunshot wounds to the head due to nanomachine technology? What about the obese, yet highly acrobatic Russian soldier who shoots bees out his mouth? The flying psychic who controls your television? The breakdancing ninja who can spin huge bipedal mechs around with his feet? The 100-year-old sniper who hibernates and feeds himself through photosynthesis?

Yes.

Also more absurd than the woman who thought she could deflect bullets with her mind but it was actually nanomachines but when those are disabled NOPE SHE HAD THE POWER IN HER THE WHOLE TIME (only for it to be revealed that the nanomachines weren't actually disabled).

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MDK said:

How do you build people? The old fashioned way? :pervert: 

This War of Mine is a fantastic game. I hope you have plenty of firewood for winter. Oh, and moonshine for trading. 

I was about to "I collected them" but that doesn't help. I currently have over 200 wood and 40 books for burning.

I've cleared out all but the lots marked Dangerous and a couple marked Caution. I've got a bit of work ahead of me, but definitely enjoying it. I've been using tobacco products for trading but I do have a distillery so I should start using that more.

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

Tips? I always end up dying or my people end up miserable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I've cleared out all but the lots marked Dangerous and a couple marked Caution. I've got a bit of work ahead of me, but definitely enjoying it. I've been using tobacco products for trading but I do have a distillery so I should start using that more.

Yeah, making some hooch is good for trade, especially if you don't have traps set up to catch food. And make sure everything is boarded up and a security door is made.

2 minutes ago, RPS said:

A song to lighten the mood :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RPS said:

I had Katia (I think that's her name) join me, after a couple weeks. Her specialty is improving your peoples mood. If you get a chance,  craft a guitar for her. I have her play it every day.

Try not to kill if avoidable.  All my kills have been self-defence. Might be smarter to just run but it'll just be a problem next time you go back.

Feed your characters every second day. They don't need it daily and like MDK said,  set up traps. Try to use fertilizer for bait if you want to save food.

Help anyone that comes to the door.  You're often awarded,  not much but it still boosts morale.

Yeah, I only killed in strictly "Me or You" situations.

Three more things I find to be crucial
1) Day 1 is crucial. Board up as much as you can, prep as much as you can. This sets the tone for the whole run.

2) Remember the words of House Stark.

3) Set your rat traps early and use them as often as possible.

1 hour ago, OctoberRavenO said:

3) Set your rat traps early and use them as often as possible.

They taste better if you refer to them as Organic Free Range Ethically Slaughtered Mus Maximus

25 minutes ago, MDK said:

They taste better if you refer to them as Organic Free Range Ethically Slaughtered Mus Maximus

Yeah but by the time you actually say all that you've starved to death, so.

• Haha 1

Finished Arkham City today. Well, Batman's part of it at least. Doing the Catwoman stuff right now. I felt like it ended kind of flat sadly. Also, some of the side questy stuff is a bit annoying. It says that I've gathered all the evidence that I could gather at the two Deadshot crime scenes but yet nothing has happened to trigger the third victim and I have no idea how to trigger it.

On 06/10/2017 at 06:46, Bobfoc said:

Metal Gear owns.

• Like 3

Metal Gear is batshit insane, and it's freaking awesome for it.

In what other series do you have an evil American Senator using nanomachines to kick your ass fifty times till sunday as a final bossfight?!

Fucking nanomachines, son.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Forever Forky said:

Finished Arkham City today. Well, Batman's part of it at least. Doing the Catwoman stuff right now. I felt like it ended kind of flat sadly. Also, some of the side questy stuff is a bit annoying. It says that I've gathered all the evidence that I could gather at the two Deadshot crime scenes but yet nothing has happened to trigger the third victim and I have no idea how to trigger it.

I had to look it up. IIRC victim 3 is dead behind a car with thugs looking at the body.

The Riddler shit is annoying me. Some of these trophy challenges are nearly impossible.

Just now, =BK= said:

I had to look it up. IIRC victim 3 is dead behind a car with thugs looking at the body.

The Riddler shit is annoying me. Some of these trophy challenges are nearly impossible.

Yeah I went to where it shows online and there was nothing. I read that you'll hear a shot and then it'll be there but I never heard the shot at all. I've tried just grappling around hoping that going to a certain area would actually trigger the shot but nothing. It drives me crazy because while I don't focus on trophies and shit, I do like to do the side quests that don't involved just collecting stuff and these ones seemed simple enough really.