General Gaming Thread

TKz

1 hour ago, Forever Forky said:

Yeah it's been off and on several times. I'm going to retrace my steps and over the second body and make sure I haven't missed anything but everything shows that I've analyzed all that I can.

Have you tried planting the victim there? Sounds like something Batman would do.

Don't Starve:

59 days. 59 days spent befriending the Pigmen, trading with the Pig King, surviving the Beefalo extinction, conquering the frogs, taming the spiders, practicing magic, burning down half the forest of the wold and chopping down it's guardians, venturing underground and there dodging giant worms, falling rock and gathering light. It all ends with me being ripped to pieces by Penguins in the dead of winter as my Pigfriends become piles of meat on the ground. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Forever Forky said:

Yeah it's been off and on several times. I'm going to retrace my steps and over the second body and make sure I haven't missed anything but everything shows that I've analyzed all that I can.

I'm sure this was glitched in the original game, not sure if the remastered return to arkham ones have fixed it but I'm sure if you've finished the story without triggering the 3rd victim it'll never work. This was like the only trophy I didn't get because of the glitch, first time round.

Well fuck. I've got too many unplayed games to focus on it too much but that's just stupid. I had heard that Arkham City was quite glitchy when I bought the game but I wanted it for the story. It's the only game I had that actually froze while I was playing and forced me to restart it so that's probably exactly what it is.

11 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I often flip-flop on whether Hideo Kojima is a genius with idiotic tendencies or an idiot with genius tendencies. I put David Cage in the latter category without hesitation, but Kojima's more of an enigma.

MGS 2 is straight up prophetic in a lot of ways. Kojima is definitely a class above that hack, Cage.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Forever Forky said:

Well fuck. I've got too many unplayed games to focus on it too much but that's just stupid. I had heard that Arkham City was quite glitchy when I bought the game but I wanted it for the story. It's the only game I had that actually froze while I was playing and forced me to restart it so that's probably exactly what it is.

You're not missing much. The Deadshot "fight" is straight up a boring one minute thing. He's a much better mini-boss in Origins. 

3 hours ago, Jordan Stiva said:

MGS 2 is straight up prophetic in a lot of ways. Kojima is definitely a class above that hack, Cage.

Kojima is amazing....he just has some weird ass fantasies when it comes to video games and shit. That new one he's making is weird as fuck.

• Like 1

Does anyone use Gamefly? I actually really like the service, but - I had Mass Effect Andromeda sent as a rental and ended up just outright buying it from them for $2.56 a few days ago. I'm wondering what they're shipping to me, though - it says another game from my Q is being shipped as of yesterday, but under my Purchase History it's telling me they also shipped ME:A as well.

Surely it's just an empty game case, right? I already have the disc, so what else could it be?

I imagine it'll result in bans if the players go back online. You can do the same thing with the NBA 2k games to get round having to buy the virtual coin things, but it's risky because getting caught will probably result in a universal ban from online games across the whole of your Steam library.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

IGN has acquired Humble Bundle. I can see this causing a ruckus.

As long as they don't force me to create an account with them, or force their 'Ratings" and "Agenda" on to me, I'll be happy. Actually, as long as they don't touch Humble Monthly. It's basically all I get from there now.

I decided to put some effort into playing Forza Horizon 3 since it came packaged with my discobox...

Damn, it is fucking amazing. I had no idea the Forza games were that good. I'm loving that it is set in Australia instead of the usual USA or Europe boring old stuff. Although Forza Horizon 4 set in Africa would be incredible.