General Gaming Thread

TKz

I'm annoyed at myself for getting hyped for GT Sport and pre-ordering it without realising there is zero offline campaign/championships whatsoever.

I am nowhere near good enough to be racing online constantly, as my first few races have proved very effectively.

44 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I'm annoyed at myself for getting hyped for GT Sport and pre-ordering it without realising there is zero offline campaign/championships whatsoever.

I am nowhere near good enough to be racing online constantly, as my first few races have proved very effectively.

I am so tired of this crap. I was actually looking to pick this game up as the first GTA that I've played since the first one, but if there's no offline stuff then there is no sense. I understand that game companies are trying to get those online players but I really hope this trend doesn't continue. Not every game has to be completely online. That's just laziness.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Welp. There goes my intention of picking it up this weekend.

Also they have decided to be super-officious (you have to go through two five-minute video tutorials on how to drive responsibly and fairly before you can start racing), so if you just can't get enough of time penalties being thrown at you for minor infractions maybe GT Sport is the game for you.

Wish I'd gone for Project Cars 2.

6 hours ago, Baddar said:

My next racing game will be Forza 7, but seeing as I still have plenty to do on 6, I'll be waiting a while.

Forza Horizon 3 is incredible. First Forza game I've played and I'm loving it.

16 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Also they have decided to be super-officious (you have to go through two five-minute video tutorials on how to drive responsibly and fairly before you can start racing), so if you just can't get enough of time penalties being thrown at you for minor infractions maybe GT Sport is the game for you.

Wish I'd gone for Project Cars 2.

Was Project Cars good? I never got around to installing it after picking it up through Humble.

So I finished off the Harley DLC for Arkham City last night and I've got to say that after Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, I have no desire to finish Arkham Knight at this time. I think going through two games in one series is just too much in a row and I can't believe that I'm saying this but I'm kind of sick of Batman for awhile. 

Thankfully I've got a lot of other games on the back up that I also need to complete. I just can't decide between Dragon Age Inquisition or Uncharted III for the next one.

I started up a new Europa Universalis IV game (on Ironman) of England which I've entitled 'Brexit'. The ground rules being:

1) Get the fuck out of Europe (i.e. our French territories) as quickly as possible.
2) Stay the fuck out of Europe (i.e. wars etc.) as much as possible.
3) Focus on the rest of the world, particularly colonisation.

It's now 1550 and it's been a pretty Hard Brexit... Got slapped about by France in two wars before I could hand over all my French territories. Colonisation has started slowly but surely with a few provinces in North America... Shame that France still won't LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.  :angry:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stokeriño said:

I started up a new Europa Universalis IV game (on Ironman) of England which I've entitled 'Brexit'. The ground rules being:

1) Get the fuck out of Europe (i.e. our French territories) as quickly as possible.
2) Stay the fuck out of Europe (i.e. wars etc.) as much as possible.
3) Focus on the rest of the world, particularly colonisation.

It's now 1550 and it's been a pretty Hard Brexit... Got slapped about by France in two wars before I could hand over all my French territories. Colonisation has started slowly but surely with a few provinces in North America... Shame that France still won't LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.  :angry:

I'm not saying make this a Cube diary, but make this a Cube diary.

9 hours ago, Chuck Tingle said:

I'm not saying make this a Cube diary, but make this a Cube diary.

I may well consider this, but I'll want to get a few of the game expansions first to make it more interesting. Hopefully some of them will be in Steam's next sale...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jericode said:

If I could be arsed I might do another Pokemon Cube diary. I dont know what other game I'd do one for.

Sun/Moon, with your challenge being to actually make it interesting.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

Pokémon, FM, Civ, EU, CK, Sims, Total War, XCom, Wasteland 2 (hi @9 to 5!).

Basically anything strategic, or something you can have goofy stories with.

My main current issue is my laptop battery is fucked so Steam games are effectively a no go for now until I sort a replacement.