General Gaming Thread

TKz

After completing a few "shorter" games recently, I feel I should start on a game that would chew up more time. I have narrowed it down to a few options. None of which I've played yet (But still by them because it's the fad game of the month) but have always intended on doing so eventually.
Banished, Stardew Valley and Cities: Skyline (Though I don't think my laptop can run it).
Those are waiting I'm leaning towards atm. or if someone has a suggestion of something similar or just as time consuming,, It would be appreciated.
Cheers

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

I have Banished, but I've never played it. I think it was in a bundle, because I don't know the first thing about it. Is it a longer game? I just assumed it was some sort of village developing game based on the title card. :shifty: 

Ummm. I dunno. I thought it was a village development game that grows over time. I didn't put any research into this :/

Banished is indeed a village development game but it's pretty tough and unforgiving. Winters grind food production to a halt and you'll have people dying left, right and centre if you're not careful.

It kinda feels a bit limited in scope as a game but I enjoyed it for a while.

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2017 at 11:19, stokeriño said:

I may well consider this, but I'll want to get a few of the game expansions first to make it more interesting. Hopefully some of them will be in Steam's next sale...

And lo, for they were all 50% off in Steam's Halloween Sale. And thus. (H)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LUKIE said:

Wolfenstein II is having so many issues and I can't even open the game!

Is that the one that the alt-right are upset about because it paints them in a bad light or something?

29 minutes ago, MDK said:

Is that the one that the alt-right are upset about because it paints them in a bad light or something?

probably. the alt-right get upset about everything. Especially women having any positive portrayal whatsoever.

But especially Bart.

12 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

probably. the alt-right get upset about everything. Especially women having any positive portrayal whatsoever.

But especially Bart.

The reaction to the new FarCry game was my favourite. 

6 hours ago, King Michaellis Myers said:

Just got the new Middle Earth game for £4.99 thanks to a CDKeys misprice. First one was good so happy with that.

Damn good price for that. I got it for $30 (had some extra credit), and I'm only a couple of hours into it, but it's fun!

Too many games on the go at the moment: Divinity 2, Yakuza 0, South Park and Shadow of War. And I still wanna play through another run of Nier: Automata. And I got a few new steam games (Alien Isolation, Offworld Trading Company and Omerta)

At least nothing new is coming out until RDR2.

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

And I got a few new steam games (Alien Isolation, Offworld Trading Company and Omerta)

I've mostly completed Omerta just this week. Finishing of trying to knock over some achievements in sandbox and hope all to hell I fluke a working server for Multiplayer achievements.

Besides that, its a fun game. Pretty repetitive as most turned based games like that go but the fights are a smaller part to the game in comparison to the city mode.

• Like 1

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the original Smash Bros and 10 being BlazBlue, how much story is in Skull Girls?

4 hours ago, Jericode said:

You've just reminded me I bought this in a sale ages ago, will have to give it a whirl.

I'm really surprised how much I like the driving combat because usually I can't stand that. Its also pretty neat that randomly yoo might get bad storms in the Wasteland that you have to take shelte for as it goes through.