General Gaming Thread

TKz

Johnny Cage was supposed to be a bit of a "fuck you" to Jean Claude Van Damme, so it is odd to give him magic powers! According to the MK Wiki, the 2011 game established that he was descended from an ancient warrior cult, and that's where the abilities come from.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Santa with Benjles said:

I'm understanding right, it's basically just a port, isn't it? I remember really liking that game but never finishing it. Should be a good start to 2018 for RPGs with that, Lost Sphear, and Ni No Kuni all coming out in Q1.

Switch got a port (Japan only, I think), but PS4, Vita and Steam are getting a full 3D remake with voice acting, cut-scenes etc. in February.

https://xmail.square-enix.com/fe/view/r3sema24po5o/3993a0c5f09310f48e10b8618a2dd79b/1915/en/email.html

Looks low frills, but fun - I adored the original game, and would put it pretty much level with Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger as far as SNES RPGs go.

I tend to shy away from RPGs these days, as I just don't have the time, and it's not really how I play games these days - but nostalgia's a powerful thing, and it's been long enough since I played the original that I can get my teeth into it again without it feeling like I've done it all before. I'll probably end up picking up the new Ni No Kuni as well - never played the original, but watched the ex play it a lot, so got the general gist of it, and it seemed fun. Not sure if I dare attempt Xenoblade as well, though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ruki said:

Metal Gear Survive actually looks good....

Honestly, I don't care if it does turn out to be a GOTY-worthy game. I'm not going to get it. Like, even if it was free, I still wouldn't get it.

2 hours ago, Apsham said:

Konami were too busy doing everything but literally chaining developers to their desks to notice.

Only because they haven't made chains that prevent their developers from sawing their feet off to escape yet.

• Like 1

I like Dead Island more than most people that talk about it but man, going from The Last of Us to DI:Riptide takes some adjustments.

On 11/2/2017 at 20:38, RPS said:

@=BK=

I am super close to completing all check marks in Isaac. Afterbirth and +. Once I 1,000,000% it, I'll be done (???) with the game. 

I am 3 achievements away from Platinum God then just have to do the last layer of achievements (1,000,000% etc).

Taken me months since I set the task for myself. Wife absolutely hates the game because I spend so much time at it.

Those times when you're looking to just quietly cruise through the last 30 years of the game (and so your troops are mainly dicking about in SE Africa), but one of your allies has to go start a fucking World War. :angry:

MFers.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, stokeristmas said:

Those times when you're looking to just quietly cruise through the last 30 years of the game (and so your troops are mainly dicking about in SE Africa), but one of your allies has to go start a fucking World War. :angry:

MFers.png

I assume Brexitus was a bigly success.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Has anyone played They Are Billions? I tried it at a relative's place today, so fun. I died in like day 5 or something, but so fun. Can't stop watching Let's Plays about it now.

I don't know if I can justify $22 or what have you on a non-Minecraft Early Access, but it does look fun.  One of me mates is ranting about it, so I may gift it to him if finances allow.  Borrows a lot from Starcraft interface-wise, but I don't hold that against it.  Kinda fun to watch, too.