Sign in to follow this  
TKz

General Gaming Thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't buy many games nowadays, but I saw a 2 for £30 offer on at GAME and decided to grab a few on the cheap. 

Far Cry New Dawn on PS4, a game that I was interested in on release as I enjoyed 5 so much, but not enough for near full price considering the length of it. And then Forza 7 for Xbox One. I was always going to pick that up at some point, as I've played the others. 

Had £5 sitting in my rewards account too, so bagged the two of them for £25. Not bad going, now I just need to get around to playing them. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Baddar said:

now I just need to get around to playing them. 

This is my life.

Hey, Goro Majima, who's your favorite video game developer?

ieWdd3d.jpg

• Like 1

Picked up AC: Odyssey and this is by far the most fun I’ve had with an Assassin’s Creed game

• Like 2

Has anyone played Crying Suns? It's supposed to be similar to FTL.

It looks a bit more convoluted though.

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I know right! I was cursing myself for letting them hook me again but it was so freaking fun!

It feels way more like Witcher 3 than it does a Creed game and that’s a great thing.  When I think back on Black Flag there was a lot of stuff I liked, but then there was a lot of the typical AC stuff that just bogged it down for me.  Doesn’t seem like any of that is as present in Odyssey 

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

It feels way more like Witcher 3 than it does a Creed game

50% of the playtime is Gwent? 

The worst part about AC:O was the grinding. There were points where the level jump was dumb.

One of my favourite people on Twitter, Nate Crowley, wrote an article about Planet Zoo with my favourite headline of the year;

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/18/planet-zoo-is-temporarily-a-game-about-mass-producing-knackered-warthogs/?fbclid=IwAR0-B0xtRGQWkytA1zDS-amsHpHwRJYJf3_SnA-rozKkDM7tYVqNGURY_f0

• Like 1

A lot of sites are reporting on rumours of a Half-Life VR game, with a leak suggesting that it could be revealed at The Game Awards on 12th December. That would be a nice pick-up on a day that's bound to be otherwise very depressing.

Hopefully they take the opportunity to troll and call it Half Life 3-D.

I'm gonna take a leap back into "Don't Starve". Wish me luck.

29 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I'm gonna take a leap back into "Don't Starve". Wish me luck.

Love that game. I just lose track of what I need to do after coming back to it on a save, so get frustrated and stop playing.

20 hours ago, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

Love that game. I just lose track of what I need to do after coming back to it on a save, so get frustrated and stop playing.

30 Days then the lightning burned my compound to the ground :(

4 minutes ago, =BK= said:

30 Days then the lightning burned my compound to the ground :(

Damn. I might start playing again given all the time I have on hand.

I really got into Don't Starve when it first came out. I own all the plushes and accessories, and miniature figures and stuff. I might look at selling them as collectibles.

Bad North is free on Epic Games.

It's an awesome game. Highly recommend people grab it.

Playing Death Mark, a horror VN that I just learned is apparently not a Switch exclusive. But I found it when shopping Switch games and never heard of it before so gave it a go.

Really good game so far, highly recommend but fair warning, there's some daaaaark content even without going into the supernatural aspects, and at least one CG that's basically a censor-friendly bondage pic, which can be a bit disturbing given the context of said pic.

14 hours ago, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

Bad North is free on Epic Games.

It's an awesome game. Highly recommend people grab it.

Same goes for The Messenger. Really fun game.

Can confirm, The Messenger is amazing. I died like every other screen and still never got frustrated because I was enjoying it too much to care.

6 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Playing Death Mark, a horror VN that I just learned is apparently not a Switch exclusive. But I found it when shopping Switch games and never heard of it before so gave it a go.

Really good game so far, highly recommend but fair warning, there's some daaaaark content even without going into the supernatural aspects, and at least one CG that's basically a censor-friendly bondage pic, which can be a bit disturbing given the context of said pic.

Update: Two in the first chapter alone. The second one doesn't even try to pretend it isn't, even.

And now:

oprahbees.gif

• Like 1

I've played Saya no Uta. No horror VN works on me anymore.

This one's pretty neat though. You're actually laying spirits to rest and the spirits have a lot of parallels with modern Japanese ghost stories.

It's pretty much Ringu: The Game