General Gaming Thread

TKz

This fucking game. A visual novel just gave me the biggest goddamn spook a piece of media ever has.

Spoiler

"I'm talking to you Brian...or do you go by BK or something?"

My immediate thought was "It knows my fucking board name!"

I've slowed down and figured out that the game has that name because I typed it into the field first when I started and backspaced it out for my actual name. I can't imagine the spook if I did it the other way around. At least I hope that's how it has it...

Now I'm actually afraid to go forward in case it acknowledges this post next. :crying:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, =BK= said:

This fucking game. A visual novel just gave me the biggest goddamn spook a piece of media ever has.

Hide contents

"I'm talking to you Brian...or do you go by BK or something?"

My immediate thought was "It knows my fucking board name!"

I've slowed down and figured out that the game has that name because I typed it into the field first when I started and backspaced it out for my actual name. I can't imagine the spook if I did it the other way around. At least I hope that's how it has it...

Now I'm actually afraid to go forward in case it acknowledges this post next. :crying:

Naww, it knows it from what you signed up with Steam/your PC with or something. A similar game (OneShot) does the same. Speaking of....everyone should play OneShot. Cute main character, but a dark world and some mindbending puzzles.

As for Doki Doki....I've seen two people play through it. It's a fantastically written game that is just balls to the wall crazy after a point. 

1 hour ago, Benji said:

There's a bunch of games I want this year with announced release dates, but not a whole lot I want to get on day one that have been confirmed for a date yet. I want RDR2, LoU2, FFVIIR, Spider-Man, Detroit, or Death Stranding to give a firm date already.

Agreed!

RDR2, LoU2, Detroit and A Way Out are gonna be my big games for the year.

Others I want to look into: Kingdom Come Deliverance, Metal Gear Survive, Far Cry 5 (just for the setting), State of Decay 2, Lost Sphear (which comes out tomorrow!),Valkyria Chronicles 4, Catherine remake, and I'm sure there's even more I'm missing.

And that's on top of some games that released last year (Disgaea 5 and Xenoblade on the Switch, a few Steam games that I picked up) and wanting to do another playthrough of Nier Automata. 

My current potential release schedule is...

January 23, 2018: Lost Sphear
January 26, 2018: Monster Hunter World
January 30, 2018: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
February 6, 2018: Shadow of the Colossus HD
February 13, 2018: Kingdom Come: Deliverance
February 15, 2018: Secret of Mana
February 22, 2017: Metal Gear Survive
March 23, 2018: A Way Out
March 23, 2018: No No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
March 27, 2018: Far Cry 5
March 30, 2018: Agony
April 13, 2018: We Happy Few

???, 2018: Biomutant
???, 2018: Cyberpunk 2077
???, 2018: Death Stranding
???, 2018: Detroit: Become Human
???, 2018: Dragon Quest XI
???, 2018: Final Fantasy VII-R
???, 2018: Football Manager 2018
???, 2018: Last of Us Part II
???, 2018: Red Dead Redemption 2
???, 2018: Shenmue III
???, 2018: Spider-Man
???, 2018: Tekken x Street Fighter
???, 2018: Untitled Avatar game developed by Massive Entertainment
???, 2018: Untitled Pokémon video game
???, 2018: Untitled Tomb Raider video game

A lot won't release this year, most I won't get on release day, and some I won't get full stop, but it's a hell of a year.

Well that's why I said "a lot won't release this year" :P

I'd be surprised if anything but BioMutant, DQXI, Detroit, FM, and possibly RDR2 or Spider-Man release this year outside those already announced, and even the last two I'd guess will wind up tail end after delays.

I think the only games I want this year on day one off the top of my head that I know are coming this year are We Happy Few and Detroit: Become Human. The rest I am interested in are either not coming this year, can wait or my interest in them has gone too much.

10 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

I think the only games I want this year on day one off the top of my head that I know are coming this year are We Happy Few and Detroit: Become Human. The rest I am interested in are either not coming this year, can wait or my interest in them has gone too much.

I tell a lie! WMMA5 too. :shifty:

• Like 1

I'm glad I didn't pay too much for the second hand Xbox One when I got it, and my brother's getting plenty of enjoyment out of it as his PC is on the fritz. And i've gotten plenty of hours out of FH3 and NBA 2k18 too. But in terms of the exclusives windows is truly appalling in their business game. 

Othe than the Forza series, Halo, Titanfall, and the upcoming Crackdown sequel, there has been fuck and all in terms of console pushers. Worst part is that most of those games will even become available on PC-UWP either at release or shortly thereafter.

Meanwhile the PS4 has upcoming; Detroit, God of War, Last of Us 2, MLB, Shadow of the Colossus, Spider-Man, Yakuza 6 & Kiwami 2, Shenmue 3.

They have more upcoming exclusives than Xbox has in their entire existing and upcoming library, which is just utterly pitiful. And then there's all the remakes and remasters and backward compatible stuff that I never played on PS3 to boot.

Honestly I didn't have a big issue with exclusives and I would've lived perfectly fine without getting around to the PS4 again - and I think most people are fine with only the really big titles split between most of them. Most of the exclusives that I'm pining for are pretty niche titles all and in, and outside of exclusives I think that the XB1 does a lot better of a job with its community and UI which I value quite a bit as well.

I just really wanted to see what the hub-bub about Nier was. :shifty:

3 hours ago, This Is APSHAM said:

Honestly I didn't have a big issue with exclusives and I would've lived perfectly fine without getting around to the PS4 again - and I think most people are fine with only the really big titles split between most of them. Most of the exclusives that I'm pining for are pretty niche titles all and in, and outside of exclusives I think that the XB1 does a lot better of a job with its community and UI which I value quite a bit as well.

I just really wanted to see what the hub-bub about Nier was. :shifty:

It's good.

Far Cry 5's PC specs are out.

Spoiler

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION: 
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only) 
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz or equivalent 
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or AMD R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) 
SYSTEM RAM: 8GB 
Resolution: 720p 
Video Preset: Low

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION (60 FPS): 
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only) 
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent 
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD R9 290X (4GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) 
SYSTEM RAM: 8GB 
Resolution: 1080p 
Video Preset: High

4K 30 FPS CONFIGURATION: 
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.6 GHz or equivalent 
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD RX Vega 56 (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) 
SYSTEM RAM: 16GB 
Resolution: 2160p 
Video Preset: High

4K 60 FPS CONFIGURATION: 
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4 GHz or equivalent 
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI or AMD RX Vega 56 CFX (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) 
SYSTEM RAM: 16GB 
Resolution: 2160p 
Video Preset: High/Ultra

I thought I'd finished Metal Gear Solid 5, and then after the credits there was a "COMING UP IN PART 2" trailer. It might be because I spend a lot of my time doing Side Ops and whatnot, but as much as I've enjoyed the game for the most part, it all gets very samey very quickly. There just doesn't seem to be much urgency to it. And once you've got your bond up to maximum with Quiet, it's basically Easy Mode.

I don't have much on the radar, release schedule wise, as I tend to only play one "big" game at a time, and was planning on finishing MGS5 before I move on to anything else, but next on the list is either Monster Hunter or Xenoblade; leaning towards Xenoblade, mostly to get more use out of the Switch. Keen on Secret of Mana and probably Ni No Kuni 2 after that, though.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ruki said:

Naww, it knows it from what you signed up with Steam/your PC with or something. A similar game (OneShot) does the same. Speaking of....everyone should play OneShot. Cute main character, but a dark world and some mindbending puzzles.

Yeah, I've seen the trick before but it didn't occur to me. I feel like some day a game dev is going to take that idea too far and have their game dig up serious info for a scare.