General Gaming Thread

TKz

Damnit, Eddie. I was going to ask "When is this posted?" and then link to Bob's comment :P

1 hour ago, Skummy said:

I thought I'd finished Metal Gear Solid 5, and then after the credits there was a "COMING UP IN PART 2" trailer. It might be because I spend a lot of my time doing Side Ops and whatnot, but as much as I've enjoyed the game for the most part, it all gets very samey very quickly.

It literally is repeating missions with different objectives for the most part. Though there is more to the story, and depending on how willing you are to play the game, you wouldn't miss a lot by just Googling the true ending.

7 minutes ago, Benji said:

It literally is repeating missions with different objectives for the most part.

Yeah, a friend warned me of that. It feels like a game that could have been half the size, and would have benefited from it. It lacks a lot of focus.

56 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

I will never forgive that game for that fucking car ride near the end.

Fuck I had managed to repress that. No idea what they were thinking.

2 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

Such a Kojima sort of speech, and probably the most dull eternity I have spent in a game.

Is that the ride with

Skull Face? Where Snake could have just pulled out a gun and shot him in the face?

On 1/22/2018 at 07:05, Ruki said:

Naww, it knows it from what you signed up with Steam/your PC with or something. A similar game (OneShot) does the same. Speaking of....everyone should play OneShot. Cute main character, but a dark world and some mindbending puzzles.

As for Doki Doki....I've seen two people play through it. It's a fantastically written game that is just balls to the wall crazy after a point. 

Agreed!

RDR2, LoU2, Detroit and A Way Out are gonna be my big games for the year.

Others I want to look into: Kingdom Come Deliverance, Metal Gear Survive, Far Cry 5 (just for the setting), State of Decay 2, Lost Sphear (which comes out tomorrow!),Valkyria Chronicles 4, Catherine remake, and I'm sure there's even more I'm missing.

And that's on top of some games that released last year (Disgaea 5 and Xenoblade on the Switch, a few Steam games that I picked up) and wanting to do another playthrough of Nier Automata. 

Well, apparently that one is kinda just ok. Lame. But I've also been looking at Ni No Kuni 2, and that seems like it might be fun.