General Gaming Thread

TKz

@El Hijosh del Ice Cream

I would also suggest you to check out the (upcoming) libraries for both the PS4 and the Xbox One X. The PS4 has a significantly larger library of exclusive titles ranging all across the genre spectrum.

I'm assuming you don't own a gaming PC, so there's no need to talk about that most Xbox exclusive titles are also available on PC through UWP (universal windows platform), which offers the ability to play digitally bought copies on both PC and Xbox, which for people that have gaming pc's (e.g. me) makes the Xbox even less viable.

One thing that the Xbox does have on the PS4 is the versatility of the system, and the general niceness of the system in terms of being able to use it more as a general media device. Most people generally agree that the Xbox is just better in terms of ease of use, and it's ability to play more than games. So that's a very fair criteria too, if you would want such a thing.

If you want to get a console purely for the gaming aspect of it, I would certainly suggest you check out the libraries and see which exclusives strike your fancy, if any. 

Edited by Jasonmufc

I too am hot garbage at shooters. But it’s the first since Goldeneye that looks fun.

And I don’t know of any PS exclusives that appeal to me at all. Like I said, I’m a very casual gamer who plays the same shit over and over. PUBG is exclusive to Xbox, I don’t have a gaming PC, and the only upcoming games I’m interested in are Red Dead And CHIKARA AAW.

Two XBox exclusives I'm quite fond of are Cuphead and Sunset Overdrive. Sea of Thieves also seems like it could be good fun for a while. Their game pass system is also kind of cool, particularly now that all of their future exclusives will be accessible through it.

• Like 1

Currently playing BlazBlue Centralfiction. No english VAs is weird. The changed ones in Chronophantasma were meh but this is still odd.

7 minutes ago, RPS said:

I'm a huge indie game fan... any overlooked gems I may have missed? 

Orwell just came out with the first episode of it's second season.

If you like old school JRPGs, Cosmic Star Heroine is pretty neat. Encounters take a page from Chrono Trigger.

20XX is a Megaman Roguelike that's basically everything Mighty Number 9 could have been but wasn't.

4 hours ago, RPS said:

Which is your game again? 

Neither. You asked for gems, mine's more like a... kinda shiny rock.

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I don't get it? (that was in response to Apsham)

KJP means Kojima Productions, I think.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

I don't get it? (that was in response to Apsham)

ORO is on the money there - KoJima Productions (KJP) followed by FOREVER in that roster list with the game's producer's listed as well. It's being seen as a tribute to Kojima who is of course not a part of the franchise anymore.

• Thanks 1