General Gaming Thread

TKz

59 minutes ago, Benji said:

Can someone suggest me some simple PC games like Theme Hospital/Park, Civ, The Sims etc. Just something where you don't have to go deep into mechanics or sit down and study for hours just to get your first game going, but can still be enjoyable for hours on end.

The freeware version of Spelunky is a good shout. How indepth mechanics are we talking?

• Don't steal and/or kill the shopkeepers unless you know what you're doing.
  • Can't fall more than a certain # of blocks without taking damage.
  • Jumping on spikes is a no-no.
  • Levels are (mostly) randomized in layout.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Can someone suggest me some simple PC games like Theme Hospital/Park, Civ, The Sims etc. Just something where you don't have to go deep into mechanics or sit down and study for hours just to get your first game going, but can still be enjoyable for hours on end.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 are the ultimate titles for losing shitloads of time with a simple game. They're old, sure, but there's an Open source out there that makes it run like a peach on modern system. 

More modern games, Rimworld is a massive timesink that has a slightly steep starting curve, but is generally pretty mellow (until a 20 enemy siege starts shelling your wooden huts into the ground). Probably not chill enough, now that I think about it.

• Like 3

On 2/23/2018 at 14:11, Meacon said:

First I've heard of this, but my laws that sounds wonderful. 

Yeah, it’s a crowd-funded game (and already funded.) It’s CHIKARA Action Arcade Wrestling. You can follow them on Twitter to see bits of their progress.

• Like 1

That does seem to be the case. They're in line with the kind of criticism the Final Fantasy VI port got, although this one hasn't been given a new art style like FF6 was. Some of the reviews state that it doesn't run well, which I'll take with a pinch of salt at this point. As I said, it isn't a day one purchase anyway, so I'll look forward to seeing what people outside the reactionary Steam user review scene have to say.

The lack of "improved" sprites already puts it over the FF6 release...

Metal Gear Survive is like really bad. It's for my son who enjoys it so whatever but I decided to try it. I had to watch a video that seemed to be half an hour long and full of nonsense only to die on the first enemy.

Like I wasn't even mad. I just had to laugh at how absurd the last hour of my life has been :lol: 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2018 at 16:16, OctoberRavenO said:

Neither. You asked for gems, mine's more like a... kinda shiny rock.

No but I want to buy it. Name? 

2 minutes ago, RPS said:

No but I want to buy it. Name? 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/787140/The_Adventures_of_Kusoge/

1 minute ago, RPS said:

The second tag on the game is sexual content. 

:o:o:o

That was just me playing it safe. Mostly just jokes and a city that's like that ghost town the Simpsons visited in that episode where Abe's kidneys burst.