Reading and Leeds Festival

Jimmy

So, who's going this year? Tickets come out on March 12th and I'll definitely be getting one no matter what the line-up. A couple of my friends have already got their tickets and I'm already so excited. So, I better get a ticket. A fake line-up was posted the other day, which I hope somehow turns out to be true because it was fucking awesome. But yeah, this will be my first Reading.

So, anyone going? Who do you hope is there?

I was planning on going (making it my final Leeds before turning 30 next year. :puke: , don't want to be the old bastard at a festival) but a combination of being skint and what will by then be a toddler have ruled it out. Have got a Stone Roses ticket which makes me seem even older, so if they're announced I won't be best pleased.

Think I've done 5 or 6 now (plus a V and a T in the Park), Leeds is always ace. Enjoy.

Me and some friends have already agreed to go regardless of the line-up. I think there's about eight of us going, so I'm sure I'll have a good time even if there aren't many bands I'd like to see.

Kasabian, Foo Fighters and Green Day are the strongest main stage headliner rumours I've heard/ read. I've also seen The Black Keys, Two Door Cinema Club, The Maccabees and Foster the People mentioned as strong possibilities.

I'd really like to see the Cure and At the Drive- In somewhere on the bill. I'd imagine the Cure would probably headline the main stage so it's really unlikely, but I could see ATD-I headlining the NME stage, so hopefully that's more likely.

I've already seen the Black Keys this year, and will be seeing Noel Gallaher and the Stone Roses before Leeds. I'd really like to see the Black Keys again, but given the money I've spent on the other two tickets I'd be disappointed to see them announced.

Edited by Ben E.

If Foo Fighters are playing as rumoured, I'll go for the day.

This. I might go see Green Day if they play and Foos don't. Nonetheless, I don't think I'm going for more than a day because I've got a family wedding on the Thursday.

• Like 1

I dunno about Reading (where I assume you'll be going) but recently Leeds has attracted lots of chavvy/lowlife scum that like to just cause trouble. People burning (other people's) tents with all their stuff in on the last night is fairly common, I've had my tent slashed twice in 2 consecutive years and this year I lost a significant amount of money (though I was high and don't remember too much, so it could've well been my own fault).

Basically, just don't take anything you don't want to lose, make sure your sleeping bag is warm as you may essentially be sleeping outside if your tent gets slashed, expect to lose your tent and don't get high whilst carrying around £100 in cash.

It would take a killer line-up to get me to go Reading again. Had the best times of my life at Reading between 05 - 09, but ive pretty much out grown the place now, especially when there's a lot of other festivals to try. Since it's local though, I will always be up for a day ticket if any of the other lads are up for it.

Yeah, it was bad, because it was a bunch of posh cider drinking wannabe hipsters and pill popping chavs. On the last night at Reading, I saw some prick jump on a kids tent, the kid was like 10 and was at reading with his parents! Probably his first festival. There was just no need, this same prick then threw a punch at a girl because she said something to him. Needless to say I was not best pleased and gave him a punch.

It's just, I'm all up for having a drink and a smoke and a laugh. But what's with the destruction, it's just pointless! Wrecking and burning peoples stuff is just wrong on so many levels.

I did both 2009 and 2010, and never had no trouble from nobody >_>. Well, some guys tried to go into my tent and steal our beer, but I promptly kicked off and sent them packing. Still, no tent burning or anything, just lots of people being rowdy and attacking other people.

Clearly what I'm trying to say is that I am a badass and you all need to come camp with me :shifty:.

i went from 2003 up until 2010, gave it a miss last year (knew it would be shit, but still depressing as i live literally 3 minutes from site and can hear it all).

I think up until 2005 it was brilliant, was full of like minded people who enjoyed good music and having a laugh, each year the line up got a little bit more radio 1/nme ish and the kids in the leavers hoodie become the majority and the atmosphere died a slow horrible death, as the people who go are there just for the sake of it, and are only there for the Kings Of Leons and the like.

This year I can guarantee you will be full of 16 yr old chino wankers, and At The Drive In headlining the NME stage to a crowd of 13 people whilst some dross like Kasabian will play a turgid set in front of 60,000 mongoloids.