Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

Just bought this, so help me out here...

I have downloaded the GoT mod and place its entirely within a folder called 'mod' in the CK2 program folder. When I open the game the option for the GoT mod is there and I tick its box. However when the game loads up it is entirely as normal, with all the standard 1066 single player options etc.

What is it that I'm missing?

Game Of Thrones mod? I expected better from you of all people!

It's mainly to get Stokerina excited about it. You can measure my knowledge of the books/series on the back of having been in the same room as her when she watched it...for maybe three episodes total. :shifty:

I'll certainly be dicking about in ye olde British Isles when I initially try to get the hang of things.

Okay, so nothing kind of...happens in this game. I presume i'm supposed to make the stuff happen?

I remember how to do most of the stuff in the tutorial, but I kind of can't really...stitch it all together to make things happen. I don't suppose anyone would be willing to skype or some other form of voice chat or something with me to walk me through it or something?

Started my GoT game as Howland of the Neck. Had a wife and a daughter, both named Meera. I went south to help fight the Mad King and was struck down in battle, unresponsive. His wife acted as regent while he was incapacitated - sadly he never woke and died soon after. His daughter took over, with his wife remaining as regent. Not much happened while little Meera was young. We got her lined up to marry a Tyrell. We went to war with one of our Vassals because we wanted our title back - we won of course.

Little Meera tried to push her mother off the balcony, but she survived... eventually her mother was getting lonely and so she married away, with a new regent taking over for the final few years of Meera's youth.

During the war against one of the vassals, a general was captured and demanded a trial by combat. Meera asked for a Knight to stepforward and her Knight smashed the puny man. That was awesome. The big day arrived, she was married and she was finally in charge. Months after her wedding, her husband died. Curses! Meera remarried to a man from the Reach. She waged war another Vassal, to bring in more of her titles. She first had a daughter, then twins (one of each, the son being the new Heir) and then another daughter and another son. She set up marriages for her two eldest daughters, and handed her son the titles over two of the county's she'd taken. A young girl was born who could hold the right to one of her lands, so she arrested her immediately. Meera attempted to kill her husband after her shouted at her several times.. she failed on two occasions and he ran away home. A few years later he mysteriously died.. Meera assures her people she had nothing to do with it. An older and wiser lady now, Meera married again. The Lord Commander of the Night's Watch (not sure how that works..). A powerful marriage at least.

The War for the Iron Throne ended.. differently. The Mad King died, his son took over.. and won the war. Eddard Stark was granted the title of Cupbearer to the Throne, to piss him off I assume. Three people have tried to overthrow Eddard, including his brother Benjen.. but none of succeeded. Ned eventually died of stress.

In the Neck we're trying to find lands we can take now, there's two lands directly south of us but we'd need to war with the Throne to get them.. So it's time to push North and try and take lands. My Heir is married and has a child, and he's becoming a good man with his lands. I can't wait for him to take over, his picture is awesome and everything. One of my daughters is marrying into the Iron Islands family.

Meera has been a fantastic Lady of the Neck. She's held in high esteem (and was even Maester of Laws for Eddard on two occasions) and has got money flowing nicely. She's definitely showed a ruthless streak and helped slowly build the lands. I think when her heir takes over he'll push to take the North.

In short, this game is fucking insane.

I wanted to be a small part, to get used to it. Oh by the way, that girl I imprisoned? She just demanded a trial by combat. My trusty Maester at Arms Arnbjorm offered. But a 17 year old girl vs a 71 year old legend of battle wasn't fair. Lady Meera fought for herself. And won! Booyah.

This sounds like a delightful mix of Civ and that Real Lives game or whatever it was called.

I must look into whether my laptop can handle it because playing as one of the various Celtic chiefs in Ireland would be awesome.

So shit kinda hit the fan. Meera passed on peacefully, and the son I wanted to take over did so as was his right. Shit was normal for a long time. He built cities and castles in our lands and things looked good. He was appointed Chief Advisor to the Lady of the North and shit was still good. He has a half brother - Robb. His father was a commander of the Wall. Robb was thinking of rebelling. As was my other brother Howland. Anyway - my wife and I hated each other so I plotted to kill her. The assassin fucking failed and it was outted I was behind it. So I arrested her quickly. My two brothers used this as a reason to join up and revolt. I had three allies step forth and help. They called in my own son, probably pissed I locked his mom up. I defeated all three and locked them up. I executed my dear wife after she tried to escape her house arrest. I executed my son for being a shit. And my two brothers were banished to the wall. They still somehow hang around my court worryingly. My brothers son was heir to Fever so I arrested and executed him to spite my brother. Now my granddaughter is somehow heir there. The war cost me.. Most people have full hatred of me, but I'm once again assisting the lady of the north and we're rolling in cash. And then to top it off - I married a princess of the iron throne.

My last of age son hates me, and he's my heir.. So, uh. This could stay messy.

You rule over your lands pretty much. Try and get claims on new lands to expand. I could march against the King, or fight for Independance but I'd get smashed. I can't seem to find a claim on any land at the moment. There's three areas near me I want, but I can't get a damn claim. Right now I need to somehow survive when the whole world hates me. Even my council are -100.

Way to be a dick. you're gonna get assassinated :shifty:

But just reading that makes me want to give the game another chance.

yeah, I kinda think I am.. So I'm tempted to go balls to the wall and either push for the throne or independence. Both will lead me to death or prison, but it seems like that's where this guy's story is heading, yanno?

Give it a shot. Pick a small Lord to be. With few vassals and few lands, that way you can take yr time and get used to everything.

Hobo that's weird.. Does canyourunit say you can run it?