Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, MDK said:

How do you get a bigger army in this? And how do you get more from your vassals?

1) Upgrade your holdings. Different buildings provide different units and bonuses. They can take a while to build. 

2) Assign your marshal to recruit soldiers. This will raise the levy. You can also get events where the levy size increases for a small amount of time. 

3) Make your vassals like you. Higher opinion = more soldiers. 

4) Event troops and retinues. Some of are specific and can only be used for certain things (like raiding). 

5) If money isn't a problem, mercenaries. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MDK said:

Oh right, because I've just been pissing off my vassals. Started a game somewhere in the East with one vassal and kept revoking titles until it was mine.

Well, that's another way you can do it :shifty: 

Old Gods. And the Viking Metal DLC. RIIIIIIIIIIIIISE WITH THE STOOOOOOOOOOOOORM VIKING GODS!

14 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Old Gods. And the Viking Metal DLC. RIIIIIIIIIIIIISE WITH THE STOOOOOOOOOOOOORM VIKING GODS!

Campfire was the best song of that music pack. :angry:

13 hours ago, Sean O'Game said:

What's a good way to even get into Crusader Kings II? I love Europa Universalis 4 and I really want to love Crusader Kings II but I just find it... really hard to navigate and get into for some reason.

How much playtime are you at right now? Took me maybe 30 hours or so to understand enough of the game to not totally suck.

I’m not even gonna lie, my first playthrough I used cheats and gave myself tons of money just to see what you could do with it. I used cheats to get Casus Beli for other areas so I could learn how to fight in wars. I pollinated my wife every year so I could see how marital ties between your children created alliances with other families. 

It worked. I have hundreds of hours played now, and I only play in Iron Man mode now. I absolutely love the game now that I know how it all works.

• Like 1

The best way to get into it is...to just get in to it and learn as you go. Whenever you're not sure how to do something, google it. Like, "Oh, I have 10,000 men. Why can't I invade them? Oh, that's why, I need a claim, how do I get one?" etc.