Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

Was looking at my wishlist on Steam, and already have the Customization Pack on there. I added the Way of Life, but I'm wondering if the unit packs are worth getting. Are they just graphics changes, like the portraits pack, or do they make real changes to the types of troops?

Unit packs are indeed pure flavour. But the portrait packs are often used in mods, including the big-time Historical Immersion Project mod.

Of course, you can play that mod without the portrait modules, but you'd be missing out.

I can also suggest that mod for anyone who likes a fun game. It doesn't add ridiculous difficulty like CK2+, but it does make it more challenging and forces you to play with the deck you get. It also adds a craptonne of provinces (14 Welsh provinces, 20+ Irish provinces etc.) so every nation is both bigger, stronger, yet more fragile. Since individual holdings have less income/levy, so beating an entire rebellion with only your own 2 duchies will be out of the question.

Also, some events force you to take a certain path depending on your traits. So no more copping out of ''tumbling'' when you're lustful/hedonist, you're forced to take the option and live with the traits you got... It adds a lot more depth and dynamic to the game, and really makes you live with the good and bad traits you got. The lack of that I really dislike in vanilla CK2, I feel that someone who thinks with his knob shouldn't be able to go ''I won't tumble with that courtier'' option, unless it's a family member...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

1066 start dates: Marry the Duchess of Tuscany If she can keep her lands in Italy your heir will inherit quite a bit of land.

Ireland is a decent starting place if you're looking to learn. Avoid being the King of France as you get fucked by everyone and his dog in the early starts. Duke of Sicily and King of Sweden are both interesting starts as you have a fuck ton of relatives to marry off and gain allies (thereby protecting your thrones from any of your more ambitious family members).

Scotland and England can both explode into civil war after civil war after civil war, with hilarious effects.

• 1 month later...

It was discounted by 75% yesterday but I guess that was either temporary or a mistake because it's 33% now. I was seriously considering it at $4.95 because I bought the 39.99 ckii+dlc collection and it's only missing Charlemagne and Way of Life but I didn't pull the trigger in time apparently.

Edited by jase12881

• 2 months later...

Question:

I bought this game, played for a bit, but found the interface so overwhelming. Does anyone have a good beginners guide on how to play? I was just confused and had no idea what the fuck I was actually doing.

Does it still work? It's that mod that got me into the game but when I went back to CKII, after a while out of it, it seemed to no longer work and now I can't even find it on my computer for some reason.

I can't actually access the links because I'm at work, but when CKII updates, the mod no longer works and you need to re-download it once they update the mod.

• Like 1