Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I find the mod far too unrealistic.

I took over as Ned Stark during his imprisonment before he dies. Demanded a trial by combat, had Greatjon Umber cut down Lancel Lannister (why they picked him is beyond me) and got released. Backed Stannis for the throne, got half the lords on my side, stormed King's Landing, and took the throne with ease. Stannis promptly burned the entire Lannister family, and the realm has been at peace ever since.

Nothing like Game of Thrones at all.

• Like 7

Oh it was much better. Things are generally better all around for the Starks.

Stannis fucking loves me for backing him as King, so King's Landing basically support me forever. I married Robb off to Margaery Tyrell to put The Reach in my pocket, Sansa to Trystane Martell to get Dorne, Arya to Robin Arryn for The Vale, and Bran to Daenerys to basically get the entire east. Rickon did his own thing after I gave him some land and just married a randomer.

Gave Robb Moat Cailin and he's been ruling fairly efficiently there, got three sons out of Margaery too to extend the dynasty. Rickon got one of the other random bits of land after someone tried to rebel against me and promptly got sent to The Wall. Bran is currently Emporer of Ghiscar or something after aiding Dany in her crusade on the world. Trystane and Sansa are living happily out the way with a son. Arya came back to my court because, after defeating an uprising against him, Robert Arryn died under 'mysterious circumstances' or whatever it's called. Literally the day he quelled the rebellion, he died. So Arya and Robin's son controls the Vale, but he isn't my dynasty so it's useless to me.

I also have two other kids, who are basically useless because they're like 6 years old and there's no-one useful left to marry them to. Catelyn controls the Riverlands after Hoster died, the Blackfish got sent to The Wall, and the people revolted against Edmure and killed him.

If I could somehow legitimise Jon Snow, then it would pretty much be a perfect run for House Stark.

The Iron Islands went independent as soon as Stannis took the throne, which is the only minor annoyance. They, along with the Westerlands, backed Joffrey in the war, so were pissed they lost. Stannis gave one of his vassels the Westerlands in line since he'd sacrificed every Lannister to R'hllor, but the Greyjoys just sailed around and won the war of independence pretty quickly. And Balon died a month later, typically, so Theon is the Iron King. I would try and marry him off with Arya to get them on my side, but he already married, annoyingly.

It's been interesting.

• Like 8

He died fairly quickly and I needed the Vale on my side. I didn't want to marry the two, but the guy who took over the Westerlands didn't have an heir I could marry her to, and the Iron Islands weren't interested. All about those alliances.

Saying that, Aegon's just decided to come and stick his nose in things, so I might pair the two up in case that actually leads anywhere dangerous. At the moment he's just moping about with The Golden Company doing nothing of use.

And yes, Theon hasn't been castrated. Things went terribly for the Boltons as it happens; Roose died of stress during the war, and Ramsay died in a tournament I threw in celebration.

• Like 1

He died fairly quickly and I needed the Vale on my side. I didn't want to marry the two, but the guy who took over the Westerlands didn't have an heir I could marry her to, and the Iron Islands weren't interested. All about those alliances.

Saying that, Aegon's just decided to come and stick his nose in things, so I might pair the two up in case that actually leads anywhere dangerous. At the moment he's just moping about with The Golden Company doing nothing of use.

And yes, Theon hasn't been castrated. Things went terribly for the Boltons as it happens; Roose died of stress during the war, and Ramsay died in a tournament I threw in celebration.

I... no words can't describe the pure irony in him dying during a celebratory tournament.

• Like 1

Everything was going great. Got my buddy Robert Baratheon on the Iron throne, helped fight off an instant rebellion against his rule and then took a minor territory for myself, giving us a foothold on another bit of land. Was in the process of helping Robbie win a very minor woi that had just popped up and then the game ended because I became a republic for some reason. :bang: