Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

Humble Bundle are doing a Paradox bundle, as of typing you get CK II and the Sons on Abraham DLC plus a handful of other games for $5.07. EU IV is $15 (bundled with all the tiers below) if you want to go nuts.

Edited by Quom
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks calling the muslims "kebab horde" is a bit racist?

Anyway, I should really get back into this. The only problem is originally it took me ages to learn how to play the game because the tutorial isn't exactly the best at helping you. I mean I didn't even know you could merge your armies from the different counties to make a bigger army... But now because its been so long I'm going to have to relearn it all again.

Is there an easier guide then the in game tutorial?

• Like 1

Apparently the CK2 wiki has links to decent ones. I'm currently trying to sit through all of Arumba's tutorial on Youtube but it is sooooo long and sooooo slow moving. I'm on the fifth episode (each episode is about 15 minutes) and I think he has played two weeks and hasn't really done anything that isn't fairly obvious.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks calling the muslims "kebab horde" is a bit racist?

Anyway, I should really get back into this. The only problem is originally it took me ages to learn how to play the game because the tutorial isn't exactly the best at helping you. I mean I didn't even know you could merge your armies from the different counties to make a bigger army... But now because its been so long I'm going to have to relearn it all again.

Is there an easier guide then the in game tutorial?

It is a bit racist, but I use the term deragatory to the game and it's flaws itself and not to 1.57 billion people that practice the muslim faith worldwide. But then again, it's very hard to distinguish between irony and candor when you're reading text.

• Like 1

I wasn't calling you a racist btw, I just thought a forum coining the idea to use the word kebab was a bit. Surely there could have been a better term to use :P

Loving the Game of Thrones mod, but sadly due to my windows auto update fucking up my computer I lost my save, which had taken a really interesting turn. Was playing as the Greyjoys, and instead of what seemed to be the pretty normal occurrence of Stannis quickly taking the Iron Throne, Renly beat him to it, instead of immediately dying under suspicious circumstances. I was then able to take the North entirely, because Robb got spread too thin, fighting me, Renly and having to deal with several revolts. Only had to claim about three areas and Winterfell to get it too. Was really interested to see where that would have gone.

So I had to restart, and got the usual course of events, Stannis taking the throne, Renly getting knocked out early. Luckily I was able to grab control of the North again before Robb and Stannis struck a peace. I think I'm going to see if I can go on the offensive against the White Walkers and invade the lands beyond the wall.

It is a bit cheeky to reduce the achievements of over a thousand years of Islamic civilisation to an after-pub snack.

It's a bit cheeky to reduce the cuisine of another culture to just an after-pub snack.

Apparently the CK2 wiki has links to decent ones. I'm currently trying to sit through all of Arumba's tutorial on Youtube but it is sooooo long and sooooo slow moving. I'm on the fifth episode (each episode is about 15 minutes) and I think he has played two weeks and hasn't really done anything that isn't fairly obvious.

If you know the basics, you can probably skip around. I think Arumba's tutorials were made mostly with total newbies in mind, people that haven't touched the game, etc. Eventually he gets into more complex stuff.

That's the problem though, some stuff I know really well and other stuff which seems really basic I have no idea of as I basically play it as 'fabricate claims, wreck some fools, rinse and repeat'.

So what to spend money on and the tech stuff and the church stuff I have no idea of. Plus because I stop playing for long periods I totally forget how to do basic stuff or how to cope with the different types of inheritance and junk. It just sucks sitting through 15 minute videos and at the end being all 'duh' but not wanting to skip them because I have no idea if the info will be pertinent.