Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

So in honor of your diary, I started a game as Littlefinger. I'm still trying to figure out all the little bits of the game, and being him seems easy enough if I take things slow.

I married the daughter of the Lord of Middleberry and she's given me a daughter and a son. She went away to find God, and I took that time to knock up Lysa who is still married to Jon Arryn. They've yet to have a child, so I'm assuming that child will be the heir of the Vale? I don't know how this game works, but I'm assuming there is a chance Arryn finds out the child isn't his? And if he doesn't and Jon dies, does that mean my illegitimate son is now Lord of the Vale?

I have so many questions!

Littlefinger's army is so small, I'm gonna have to get inventive to keep things interesting.

So you got Lysa pregnant and she's passed it off as Jon Arryn's? Then until someone questions his legitimacy, he's treated as a 'secret bastard' or something, and is just Jon Arryn's kid as far as the world is concerned. If someone investigates it, then they might prove he isn't Jon's and he'll have no claim. Until that point, your bastard son is the legit heir to The Vale (unless Robert Arryn is in the equation, then he's second in line.)

Can anyone help me find a version of the game that will run smoothly with the GOT mod? Had both, but I guess my version of the game was too new, and I reached a point where my saves wouldn't load and would crash the game.

Littlefinger's army is so small, I'm gonna have to get inventive to keep things interesting.

So you got Lysa pregnant and she's passed it off as Jon Arryn's? Then until someone questions his legitimacy, he's treated as a 'secret bastard' or something, and is just Jon Arryn's kid as far as the world is concerned. If someone investigates it, then they might prove he isn't Jon's and he'll have no claim. Until that point, your bastard son is the legit heir to The Vale (unless Robert Arryn is in the equation, then he's second in line.)

He found out almost immediatley. <_<

I legitimized it, and Arryn threw me in jail. I demanded trial by combat!

And died.

Now my two year old (from inside my marriage) is running things and he's a pissed off baby.

• Like 5

It was going to have the Game of Thrones mod, that was a given, I've never played it without :P

Here are my current ideas, take your pick:

1. Ned Stark, pre-beheading. Demand a trial by combat and escape my fate, then put Stannis on the throne by any means necessary.

2. Robb Stark, War of the Five Kings. Gain independence for The North and free ourselves of the Lannister's tyranny.

3. Littlefinger, start of the show. Gain all the power.

4. Stannis Baratheon, Feast for Crows/Season 5. Gain the support of the North, kill the Boltons, and take the Iron Throne.

5. Daenerys Targaryen, start of the show. Burn everything to the ground and siege Westeros.

6. Random lord of unimportant house. Get onto the Iron Throne.

How do we get this scenario? I've heard you guys talk about it but whenever I try to play the mod, it always seems to be set before he was ever captured or after he was executed.

You don't lose all your save info if you update the mod?

Depends. Some updates are compatible and some aren't. It generally depends on how much of a mechanics changer the latest official patch is.

It was going to have the Game of Thrones mod, that was a given, I've never played it without :P

Here are my current ideas, take your pick:

1. Ned Stark, pre-beheading. Demand a trial by combat and escape my fate, then put Stannis on the throne by any means necessary.

2. Robb Stark, War of the Five Kings. Gain independence for The North and free ourselves of the Lannister's tyranny.

3. Littlefinger, start of the show. Gain all the power.

4. Stannis Baratheon, Feast for Crows/Season 5. Gain the support of the North, kill the Boltons, and take the Iron Throne.

5. Daenerys Targaryen, start of the show. Burn everything to the ground and siege Westeros.

6. Random lord of unimportant house. Get onto the Iron Throne.

How do we get this scenario? I've heard you guys talk about it but whenever I try to play the mod, it always seems to be set before he was ever captured or after he was executed.

You need a custom start date. Set the start date to, if I remember correctly, November 1 8298. That's the day Joffrey becomes King and has Ned imprisoned. If you choose Ned, you can demand a trial by combat and be declared innocent through victory, so you stay alive.

• Like 1

Features in the coming Horse Lords expansion include:

Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement

Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths

Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer

Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route – but it’s especially ripe for pillaging.

Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded

Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan’s coffers filled.

Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.