Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I believe if you plot to kill someone the faceless man option pops up and you can pay to guarantee the kill, rather than risk failure and discovery with the plot.

• Like 1

Playing as Littlefinger. Kidnapped Cersei, vistited her cell.. acknowledged the son we had together. She broke out of jail. I killed her husband. Then married her. She liked me because I admitted the child was ours.

Amazing.

I helped siege Riverrun.. (when the war score was 90% I pledged to help the King) and was rewarded with The Riverlands. My wife rules the Westerlands. Jon Stark.. has the North and after I killed Robert, Harold and Sansa have the Vale.

Aegon invaded. The Riverlands stayed out, then again jumped in when Aegon had almost won to help him win the throne. Then he married Dany and they rule together. Westeros is at peace but our king and queen are always busy in Essos stopping slavery and shit.

The Iron Islands almost took The Reach but fell short. So the Tyrells still sit there for now.

So fun.

• Like 2

I still don't know how to get anything going in the GoT mod. Like....how the shit do I get lands without fabricating a claim and then starting a war? (Against someone who is likely more powerful?_

Playing as Littlefinger. Kidnapped Cersei, vistited her cell.. acknowledged the son we had together. She broke out of jail. I killed her husband. Then married her. She liked me because I admitted the child was ours.

Amazing.

I helped siege Riverrun.. (when the war score was 90% I pledged to help the King) and was rewarded with The Riverlands. My wife rules the Westerlands. Jon Stark.. has the North and after I killed Robert, Harold and Sansa have the Vale.

Aegon invaded. The Riverlands stayed out, then again jumped in when Aegon had almost won to help him win the throne. Then he married Dany and they rule together. Westeros is at peace but our king and queen are always busy in Essos stopping slavery and shit.

The Iron Islands almost took The Reach but fell short. So the Tyrells still sit there for now.

So fun.

Isn't it just the best?

Does anybody not play as Littlefinger? :shifty:

Anyway, how the hell do you force land to become yours? If I have ten thousand troops there and they have none, and we're at war....I think I should have some kind of claim :shifty:

• Like 1

I really need to learn the ropes a little better, judging by what people on here have managed to do with Littlefinger. I, too, managed to gain control of The Riverlands, but all of that scheming and kidnapping seems to have passed me by. I'm not entirely au fait with the standard game, and although the Game of Thrones mod seems a little easier, I'm still missing out on what seems to be so many fundamental aspects of the game.

Does anybody not play as Littlefinger? :shifty:

Oberyon Martell is a favourite because the guy is a baby making, woman seducing machine.

Did the Ed Stark thing someone suggested here as well. Won freedom, fucked shit up, married Robb to Margery, Bran to Stannis's kid, Ricken to Daenerys, Sansa to Tristyne Martell (the offspring of Doran who isn't Quentyn or Arianne),Arya to Rob Arryn. About 25 years in now.Daenerys sits the Iron Throne having taken it from Tyrion's son (Tywin took the throne off of Tomnem - who was a bigger bastard than even Joffrey), Iron Islands went independent with Theon (now dead) at its head, I've helped the Night's Watch beat Mance Ryder twice (I executed him second time), Renly is chilling in the Stormlands still, but I hold the Riverlands having taken it off of Edmure's son, I'm in a tug of war with Rob Arryn over the Crossing, the Payne family were given the Westerlands by Tywin and eventually tried to go independent, they've been almost wiped out.

Ricken was killed by Tristyne is personal combat when Dorne supported Tyrion's son. I've been independent and bent the knee. Littlefinger is Lord Commander of the Knight's Watch and Loras Tyrell (then Commander of the Kingsguard) killed Tyrion.

It's all a bit mental.

So, I started a game just after Robert's Rebellion ended...decided to be Littlefinger (seems to be the popular choice)....I played for about 2 hours, nothing happened! Couldn't fabricate any claims, and I only managed to steal a single holding from the leader of the Vale (I became regent and it was an option). Bah. I suck at this game.

I need to get better at breeding for claims. I end up in a similar position where you're waiting for your chancellor or whatever it is to fabricate one which can sometimes take ages (talking base game, but assume GoT is the same).

Marriage and kids are the best way to collect claims. Fabrication is just a nice extra way. If you're using it as your primary method, you'll be there forever.

Care to give an example of the best wya to go about this?