Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

It's all going on in Denmark. Started as King Svend II in the 1066 post-Harold gets one in the eye startdate. Marry off my many kids to many other kids of rich and influential dynasties in Europe. Get a bit of the great pox, get a teensy, eensy bit insane and start howling at the moon. Then die. As you do.

Unfortunately that's the last part where things go 'well'. Inheriting the throne is the chaste, craven, content, kindly Harald III. He's an ok king. We conquer Lubeck, help Sweden deal with Erik the Heathen. And then my younger brother Benedikt has me murdered.

Now I'm the young Svend III. With my eldest uncle as regent. That goes about as well as expected. One boat ride later and I'm dead. But! The evil murdering kinslayer Prince Knud does not get my throne. That goes to Uncle Svend. Now Svend (the IV), is a complete badass, zealous, brave and just and a veteran of the Varangian Guard of Byzantium.

Svend IV is king, but the evil Knud and Benedikt are still around and have escaped justice. So it's up to Svend and another younger brother, Erik to hold Denmark together in the face of pagans, Germans and kinslaying brethren.

Also new expansion is just a great council member assembly line. So good.

• Like 2

I have 13 children, at least half of which are illegitimate. I've decided to go on a Royalty World Tour, and so far I've slept with multiple Queens of England, multiple Queens of Scotland, multiple Princesses of England, the Queen of France, the Queen of Castille, and a few Queens of petty Irish kingdoms. 

Also, my heir turned out to be homosexual. Hasn't stopped him from having 5 kids of his own, though, two of which have the Strong trait. I've also betrothed a number of my younger sons and grandsons to my granddaughters. One couple is married - a Strong granddaughter to my second youngest son - but they haven't produced any kids yet. The next to get married is a granddaughter/grandson pair that are currently tweens. 

I've also pissed off the reigning King of England, because I was leading a faction to install King Knud IV of Denmark as our new king. Before he declared war on me, though, he joined the Crusades and so did I - as a result, we have a temporary truce, but I expect once the Crusades end, he's going to declare war or, worse, imprison me because he knows I've plotted to kill him.

If I die, I had an eventful 50+ year life. 

EDIT: Oh, and I've slept with the wives of all of my married sons. Had a couple of bastards come of it, but I got lucky and they were oblivious to the fact that they weren't their kids. :D

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

I have 13 children, at least half of which are illegitimate. I've decided to go on a Royalty World Tour, and so far I've slept with multiple Queens of England, multiple Queens of Scotland, multiple Princesses of England, the Queen of France, the Queen of Castille, and a few Queens of petty Irish kingdoms. 

Also, my heir turned out to be homosexual. Hasn't stopped him from having 5 kids of his own, though, two of which have the Strong trait. I've also betrothed a number of my younger sons and grandsons to my granddaughters. One couple is married - a Strong granddaughter to my second youngest son - but they haven't produced any kids yet. The next to get married is a granddaughter/grandson pair that are currently tweens. 

I've also pissed off the reigning King of England, because I was leading a faction to install King Knud IV of Denmark as our new king. Before he declared war on me, though, he joined the Crusades and so did I - as a result, we have a temporary truce, but I expect once the Crusades end, he's going to declare war or, worse, imprison me because he knows I've plotted to kill him.

EDIT: Oh, and I've slept with the wives of all of my married sons. Had a couple of bastards come of it, but I got lucky and they were oblivious to the fact that they weren't their kids. :D

Your ruler has so much sex, he makes Rasputin blush

• Like 1

I died. :(

My heir's keeping the legacy alive, though. My firstborn son died right before my ruler kicked the bucket, so I'm playing as my second son. He has three lovers, two of which are his nieces, one of whom is the Queen of England. I also have a bastard son with the Queen, who surprisingly has no bad traits like Imbecile, Inbred, etc.

I was kind of looking forward to playing as my firstborn, though, because I wanted to see if I could use the "seduce" option on other men, since he was gay. I suppose I may never know.

• Like 1

There's a new King of England, when my previous ruler was alive I betrothed one of his granddaughters to the new King. She came of age, married the King, and had a (legitimate) child with him. After ol' Earl Waltheof (previous character) died at 65 of natural causes, his son started messing around with the new Queen, who happened to be his niece.

At least I think it was one of Waltheof's granddaughters. There's so much inter-family marriage and incest going on I can't keep things straight sometimes. At least two of my current character's brothers are married to their own nieces.

On 13/2/2016 at 05:42, Cloudy said:

17 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

I died. :(

My heir's keeping the legacy alive, though. My firstborn son died right before my ruler kicked the bucket, so I'm playing as my second son. He has three lovers, two of which are his nieces, one of whom is the Queen of England. I also have a bastard son with the Queen, who surprisingly has no bad traits like Imbecile, Inbred, etc.

I was kind of looking forward to playing as my firstborn, though, because I wanted to see if I could use the "seduce" option on other men, since he was gay. I suppose I may never know.

10 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

There's a new King of England, when my previous ruler was alive I betrothed one of his granddaughters to the new King. She came of age, married the King, and had a (legitimate) child with him. After ol' Earl Waltheof (previous character) died at 65 of natural causes, his son started messing around with the new Queen, who happened to be his niece.

At least I think it was one of Waltheof's granddaughters. There's so much inter-family marriage and incest going on I can't keep things straight sometimes. At least two of my current character's brothers are married to their own nieces.

200_s.gif

• Like 5

Do you have The Old Gods? The Norse are pretty fun to play as. They're unreformed pagans, and most Norse characters can take the ambition to become King of Norway, Sweden, etc. which allows unlimited use of the subjugation CB, meaning they can keep declaring wars on neighboring provinces in the name of trying to form a Kingdom. 

• Like 1

Go Charlemagne start date for a more fractured Scandinavia for maximum chaos potential and it's a fun challenge to balance taking land at home and actually earning money by going out and raiding Europe.

Duchess Matilda of Tuscany is a good choice in the 1066 start dates as she's a powerful force in Italy and you can go a number of ways with her, either joining the independence factions or supporting the Emperor, invading to make the various republics your tributaries, etc etc.

On 15-2-2016 at 20:17, KevinStorm said:

I may try that.  Last few times I've played I've been a lowly count, but that generally involves just sitting there waiting for things to happen.  Maybe I'll give it a shot as a larger demense. 

As a Norse you can get very far in very little time with a count, mainly due to the ambitions the Norse get that give lots of claims and also bigger armies through adventurers and whatnot.

Even if you sit around you can get lucky with one of your kids deciding to conquer a piece of England for himself or something like that.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I decided to start up AGOT during Robert's Rebellion as Tywin. Tyrion will be raised properly, by Tywin, we'll stay out of the war, and basically get the legacy rolling. 

14 days later, Tywin dies of poor health at the ripe old age of 40 :\ .   Ok, Kevan's the regent, except....he's corrupt and somehow gets himself removed as regent, leaving....Cersie as regent. Bitch tries to kill me three times, succeeding on the third, at which point I restart. I don't think I gave her enough credit :shifty: . 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mick said:

I decided to start up AGOT during Robert's Rebellion as Tywin. Tyrion will be raised properly, by Tywin, we'll stay out of the war, and basically get the legacy rolling. 

14 days later, Tywin dies of poor health at the ripe old age of 40 :\ .   Ok, Kevan's the regent, except....he's corrupt and somehow gets himself removed as regent, leaving....Cersie as regent. Bitch tries to kill me three times, succeeding on the third, at which point I restart. I don't think I gave her enough credit :shifty: . 

Well, Cersei does come across as a bitch in the books, so the mod's accurate.