Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

On 8/26/2016 at 21:19, Mick said:

In the case, House Reyne during the War of the Ninepenny Kings. Avert the Rains of Castamere, and try to take over the Westerlands. 

Just wanted to say, i have tried this one out and its really simple. all i really needed to do was start a faction for me to become lord paramount of the westerlands and it didnt take long to get enough support and tytos folded. 

I'm broke as hell or I'd have grabbed some of the discounted DLC. In fact, I probably won't play again any time soon unless I get some more DLC. (I own Celtic Portraits and Songs of Yuletide.That's it!)

I have Way of Life, Customization Pack, and Ruler Designer on my wishlist. And am considering adding Conclave and the Old Gods. Anything else I should consider getting (when i have the money)?

If you like metal, get the viking metal soundtrack. Some good shit there.

Reaper's Due is pretty rad too. Sunset Invasion if you don't mind the completely ahistorical premise of Aztecs sailing to conquer Europe.

If you eye the ebooks I'd avoid Song of Roland; it's the actual Song of Roland which is public domain, so you're basically paying for something that's free. Tales of Treachery OTOH is pretty neat.

Charlemagne DLC if you want to start from 769 (IMO, best way to play a viking is to start at this date, that way you have a lot of time before the Catholics get up in your grill and you have a good chance of reforming the "Germanic" (read: Norse) faith)

Really though, there's nothing I wouldn't recommend. Even Sunset Invasion gives a bit of symmetry as the Western nations tend to be safe from the Mongol Horde.

Way of Life is absolutely necessary to play Intrigue-heavy to it's fullest potential; the Spy On option combined with regular plots can let you target two people or make elimination of one target more likely (as Spy On can arrange murders, kidnappings, and slanders which give you more people willing to join your plot)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The major feature of Monks and Mystics is the addition of Societies – secret and otherwise. Characters can join monastic orders, secret cults and Gnostic heresies. As the society gains members, it gains power and prestige for its leaders. Societies open new actions for characters and can lead to new event paths.

Oh, I hope to God they throw in Lovecraftian cults. 

Edit: Fuck, I mean, just the idea of making a ruler in the North that worships the Old(er) Gods.....

• Like 1

There's already an event chain where you read the Necronomicon and ram your boat into Dagon, so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

There's already an event chain where you read the Necronomicon and ram your boat into Dagon, so.

I know. I've posted it twice.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2016 at 15:14, Annual Gift Man said:

2016-12-07.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why on earth would you accept a duel with Bronn?

I'll give you Jamie and Bronn, but swap out The Mountain and the Greatjon with Barristan and the Blackfish. 

Although, the baddest pre-made character I have ever had was...Balon Greyjoy. I had some war against the Reach, attacked Horn Hill and stole Heartsbane from Randyll Tally. Little did I know it was actually the fucking Power Sword from He-Man, causing Balon to become the Westorosi version of a very passed of Goldberg.

• Like 2

DO IT.