Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

1 minute ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

So now my sole excuse in avoiding Monks & Mystics is gone.

Eh, TBF, there's only so many expansions you need. Some make sense. Conclave makes sense, and I'll post what I currently play AGOT with for stability reasons. Like, do you play as the Dothraki? If no, you really don't need to run Horse Lords, etc. 

• Like 1

- Added a day 0 event to make nomadic rulers marry their sons (try to avoid marriage offer spam)

Hopefully no more Cersei Marries A Khal. 

SO THEN. 

Here's what I run in terms of DLC: 

African Portraits
African Unit Pack
Conclave
Legacy of Rome
Sons of Abraham
South Indian Portrats 5 Year Anniversary
The Old Gods
The Reaper's Due
The Sword of Islam
Way of Life

Granted, this is for the AGOT submod. I run it all for vanilla, but I've found that this collection makes the game stable enough to play, and adds enough content to keep the mod interesting. I don't need republics or nomad cultures, since I don't play as those. I'm not sure how Monks and Mystics will impact the game, so time will tell. 

What benefit is Conclave, besides making your council a giant pain in the ass?

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm confused. People in the thread are stating that it's a joke, but only the new "A Game of Thrones" bookmark. Is that accurate or is the whole thing a joke?

The bookmark starting on January 1, 8297 is a joke. Entire family lines die off at the hands at the whim of George RR Martin (not hyperbole). This continues up to Robert's death that year. I'm sure there's a way to get rid of the bookmark, but w/e. The rest is legit. 

3 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

What benefit is Conclave, besides making your council a giant pain in the ass?

For king-tier titles and above, it makes passing laws a lot easier (and cheaper :shifty:

• Like 2

It would appear in my latest game, where I'm aiming to stay small and coupled with some key victories for the Abbasid's and a very strong Khazar coming out of the Steppes, it may be that the final bastion of the Orthodox religion will be Norsemen of Iceland.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2017 at 15:29, Big Gazz said:

It would appear in my latest game, where I'm aiming to stay small and coupled with some key victories for the Abbasid's and a very strong Khazar coming out of the Steppes, it may be that the final bastion of the Orthodox religion will be Norsemen of Iceland.

Turned out not to be, the Byzantines are still kicking around in what is now modern day Ukraine and I eventually went Catholic after my heir was converted I'm guessing by a travelling priest.

Denmark is Sunni Muslim though and the Empire of France occupy Scotland and half of Norway though, so it's not all normal.

Oh, and my current ruler is immortal...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it depends. It's a game where you can rape, torture, mutilate, execute, incest, and have satanic orgies... Buts it mostly all text based, so if she is a slow reader you could just close any offensive content before she can read it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SeanDMan said:

I guess it depends. It's a game where you can rape, torture, mutilate, execute, incest, and have satanic orgies... Buts it mostly all text based, so if she is a slow reader you could just close any offensive content before she can read it.

So keep a save on hand where I try things ethically? I'm in.

Closest I had to an awkward moment was while filing through tabs waiting for SOMETHING to happen (769 Wessex was the game, love that primo succession that early on) and had a plot open to assassinate someone. Didn't catch on, really only watched long enough to ask me why I had my daughter ingame get married at 16.

I don't think it's possible to play the game ethically unless you want to spend 700 years as a succession of badly skilled counts.

• Like 1