Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

Oh yeah, about the Kingsguard in that game.

Ended up with Briene, Jon Snow, Mandon Moore, Balon Swann,  Duncan  (child via Briene), Eddard Baratheon, and I forgot the seventh. 

>be three counties away from becoming King of England (and a headstart on forming Wales thanks to a councilor calling in a favor to press his claim on Devon)
>prepared invasion
>ohshit.jpg
>mercs and allies, total 10k troops
>do well in fending it off
>die of chest pains
>meh, six/seven years of having a regency, what's the worst that could happen?
>sees his current character has the flu
>fuck
>dies after three months
>fourteen year regency ahead
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

• Like 1

No 4chan! Bad Luchadore!

I just had an adventurer declare war on me for the Duchy of Tripolitania, which is on the north African coast. I think the flaw in his plan is that I'm the King of Iceland, several thousand miles away. Suprisingly, the war ended instantly due to casus no longer valid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

No 4chan! Bad Luchadore!

I just had an adventurer declare war on me for the Duchy of Tripolitania, which is on the north African coast. I think the flaw in his plan is that I'm the King of Iceland, several thousand miles away. Suprisingly, the war ended instantly due to casus no longer valid.

It's next to Hulkamania if memory serves.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gazz said:

No 4chan! Bad Luchadore!

I only use it to identify any "special" pictures I totally don't have lying about on my phone or computer. :shifty:

Also, really tempted to take a shot at reforming the Roman Empire.

I'm having a pretty good run as Rhaegar. 

Started January 1, 8275; Rhaegar is Prince of Dragonstone and has just turned sixteen, so there's a lot of potential there. 

The first thing I do is I get Arthur Dayne into my court, because he's freaking Arthur Dayne but not yet a member of the Kingsguard. I have plans for him. I arrange my marriage to be with Lyanna Stark, and while I wait for her to mature, I take the seduction focus. 

My first target is Elia Martell. While the first few dalliances result in nothing, after she's married Robert, she kicks out two kids from him, then a third from me. Robert was...not happy. Eventually I have a Faceless man take him out. 

Within four years, a faction fires to depose Aerys, and while the faction is successful, it briefly ends with some Guardian on the Iron Throne as a placeholder for a Great Council, which I win. Rhaegar is now king in his own right. 

My next affair is with Cersei, cause why not? I move her to King's Landing, popping out her first kid with me after I'm officially married to Lyanna. She gives me Loren Hill, later becoming a member of my Kingsguard, and a couple more kids. 

The third affair is with a maidservant who's nobody important, but she has given me three or four bastards. 

Lyanna, meanwhile, kicks out kid after kid. The current heir is Aemon Targaryen, ruling as Prince of Dragonstone, married to his sister-wife, Daenaryes, kid #2 from Lyanna. I have a naming scheme going on. All kids with Valyrian features get a Valyrian name, all kids with non-Valyrian get a Northern name. 

Of the initial Lord Paramounts, Steffon Baratheon and Tywin Lannister are still kicking. Tyrion became a maester. Brandon Stark ruled the North, but was kicked out in favor of his daughter. Ned's ruling Moat Catlin, and was given the High Lordship of Skaagos. He married Lysa Tully. 

While Brandon was married to Cat, he later died and she ended up taking over the Riverlands when not only Hoster bought it, but also Edmure thanks to a plague. 

Mace didn't have many kids, and his daughter rules the Reach, while Doran Martell controls Dorne. 

Victarion is ruling the Iron Islands and had a brief war with Euron over control. Euron eventually took over The Haunted Forest Beyond the Wall, but nothing came from it. 

Rhaegar, meanwhile, is respected as a wise ruler with a tendency to brutally execute his enemies. Usually it was done by drawing and quartering, but he got "Obsessed with Fire" and is now burning people at the stake. Nobody bats an eye, as they're all justifiable executions. 

The kids are awesome, with most of them getting one positive genetic trait, and the worst Targaryen coin flip I've had is someone getting Wroth. 

Rhaegar later found a dragon's egg in Summerhall, and hatched it. He also lost a hand during a tournament via Barristan, who was kind enough to each him to fight left-handed. While Rhaegar isn't the swordsman he once was, he's still better than most. 

It's currently like 8302, so now the question is, when will the Others arrive? 

(pics later :shifty: )

And Japan

I achieved a death by irony in my latest game. 

Started as Robb, ACOK. standard "haul ass to King's landing", win the war, capture the Lannisters, put them to the sword. 

Tywin briefly takes the throne, but somehow, Stannis wins it. I've NEVER seen Stannis take the throne without outside help. 

All's good, now I just have to deal with the Ironborn and Mance. Kick their asses. Everything is happy in the North. Married Roslin, she gives me a kid: Eddard. 

The White Walkers invade, so Robb and friends go and kick their asses. We win the war. On the way back south, Aegon has invaded, and HE wins the throne. Again, something I've never seen, and he's coming for the North. 

Attack his main force, he's badly outnumbered, but...Robb picks a fight with Mandon Moore, and dies. 

So now I'm playing as my kid. 

We win the war, the North stays independent. Aegon dies childless and Dany inherits. Wars continue against the Ironborn and Stannis, with Stannis still alive but out of power. 

Eventually there are wars agains the White Walkers which I win. Ned II turns out to be quite the badass. Marries Sansa to Harry the Heir, except Harry dies, so Sansa marries someone else since she's no longer in my court. Eventually that husband dies, so she marries Doran Martell's grandson...Doran Martell. 

Arya is found, ends up becoming a lesbian. Move her to my court anyway. Brandon somehow is able to have kids, and Rickon kicks a few out. 

Then there's a tournament. The winner chooses my wife, the high-born daughter of Ramsay Bolton (long since dead, dying of flu before Roose). And they begin an affair. 

I get a popup that she's pregnant, find out I'm not the father. She has to go. 

So, I decided to send for a Faceless Man. I'm told "Hey, you or your spymaster needs 18 intrigue to do this..."

And as luck would have it, my wife had 18 intrigue. 

Made her Spymaster, hired Faceless Man, killed her with her own job. 

And now I'm fucking my new hot wife (from House Wells in Dorne), her hot sister, as well as Arya and Sansa (kicking out a few inbred kids), and my new hot Spymaster from Essos. 

It's good to be the King in the North, especially when he's acting like he's King in the South :shifty: . 

• Like 3

"Much to the crowd's shock"

• Like 2

20170527042006_1.jpg
Must have been a tough sell, convincing yourself to like me more.

26 minutes ago, SeanDMan said:

Must have been a tough sell, convincing yourself to like me more.

"On one hand, he's probably a lunatic and a despot like the other Targaryns.

But on the other, he's got a dragon that can eat my whole family.

And he might have that dragon eat my family if he is a lunatic and a despot.

Best to be on his side then."