Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I really want to play this game, but I need a new computer that I'm planning to get by the end of the year, so can someone answer me a couple of questions?

How decent of a computer do you need to have to play this game properly, and will this game give me enough playing time to last a couple of years?

You thought baby killing was bad, check this.

I'm the Norse Petty King of Jorvik (York) and I was at holy war with Catholic Wessex, seiged the capital, Winchester and took the King's three year old daughter and heir prisoner along with her mother. Kept the daughter in the dungeons till she was sixteen then forcibly made her my concubine, few years later, she bore me a son who is now the heir to both Kingdoms and shall hold enough territory to unify England.

Kidnap and rape, the keys to victory. :shifty:

Yeah, they've been introduced with the latest DLC.

Petty Kings are titular titles, Kingdoms with no de jure counties but you need to hold their assigned capital to form them ie. Wessex's is Winchester.

This is how the British Isles start with The Old Gods, with England divided up between the Kingdoms of Northumberland, Mercia, Wessex, Anglia, Cornwall and the Norse Jorvik, complete with raging mob of angry bearded badasses.

You can just about see too that France is divided (West Francia, Brittany and Aquitaine) and there is no HRE.

tog.png

• Like 1

I think TOG is worth it solely for the fact that there is no Holy Roman Blob to be an annoying twat everytime you play.

In my current game, the King of Burgundy went heretic, holy warred across the top of Italy and into Germany and formed the HRE by 990.

Cock

Sword of Islam is pretty fun. It seems a bit more difficult than vanilla CK2, but I like the challenge. And bearded people.

Eh, I like Sword of Islam as well. I haven't really dove into Legacy of Rome or Republic (and I don't have the Aztec one). But I would at least get Sword of Islam and Old Gods.

I wouldn't take Republic or the Aztec ones, Republic for me has been a real dud and I haven't even gotten Aztec because it just sounds like something that a guy made as a mod or something.

Republic as a whole is a fun concept that adds some fun stuff, like being able to terrorize republics and steal their shit when you need to finance your next HW, but the playable aspect of Republic is stupid and way too easy to work yourself into world domination and millions of ducats. Just focus on throwing basic Trading Posts everywhere and you are set for life because your rivals can't grow and you can buy every election.

Legacy of Rome adds some fun stuff that fleshes out the Byzantine Blob a bit, but it really lacks that ''must have'' factor. Sword and Old Gods have been the best for me no doubt about it, just being able to play anything else than the two main christian religions is a god sent (no pun intended).