Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I'm making a serious effort in my latest run to make sure that Rhaegar doesn't turn into a manwhore. Seriously, it's like I have to actively prevent him from getting laid and preventing another Blackfyre rebellion. Here's how I picture Rhaegar during these runs: 

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 1.58.23 PM.png

Current run as Rhaegar. Married to Ashara Dayne. Two kids from her, including hopefully the future king, Maekar II. Not too far along, I raised Stannis with the hope that he'd join the Kingsguard, but no. Instead, Oswell Whent was the first to die, being replaced by Arthur Dayne; Harlan Grandison died next, with the spot going to Bonnifer Hasty. 

Trying to get the rest of the realm to calm their tits; they're insistent on trying to get Steffon Baratheon on the throne. 

28 minutes ago, Mick said:

I fully expect you to be hit by a plague.

I think I have it set to random start. Logically, this will drop on me when I'm on the verge of becoming Emperor and/or facing serious revolt risks.

So far, only thing that irked me was two Cathar uprisings from the same county within two years of one another, the second of which wiped out my first batch of retinue troops. 3k rebels v.s 400 light infantry, declared as I was moving them to Oxford.

Save is also notable in that France pulled itself together after nearly a century of bordergore. They're not a problem to me because my inheritance is secured and I'm not entirely sure on expansion outside the British Isles.

Update: Year is 906 and the First Crusade was called a few years prior. The Kingdom of Aquitaine is the target and the warscore is 55% in the Pope's favor. I would've been down there mixing it up with them, but my guy was in his early 70's and was gonna die soon. 

Not a problem...except I'm probably losing a fairly sizable chunk of my land upon victory as one of my biggest vassals has the highest contribution to the Crusade.

20 hours ago, Mick said:

So you're not a Crusader King :shifty: 

Well, I was expecting to die any time and my heir turned out to have cancer (plus: his heir's relatively young King-wise) so I'm worried about the homefront and keeping my guys inline during the transition period.

Side note: fully expecting him to subsequently swear fealty to his neighbor the Emperor of Francia because of course he will. Whatever, will cross that bridge if I get there.

Update: Actively sabotaged his efforts in the most discreet manner possible by arranging a series of suspicious deaths. The Empire of Francia finally turned their full might into the war and now hold a pretty sizable lead in the Crusade. Warscore ticking down helped wonderfully too.

Hey @Mick, update on the plague: Never reached Britannia proper (Leon doesn't count, legit no idea how it came to be part of my realm). Actually got infected by it en-route to vassalizing the Papacy, did so, kicked the plague's ass.

Now it's 1002 and have been whooping cancer for twenty years or so now. Current guy's fucking awesome.

I'm getting annoyed with the AFFC mechanics. It seems every game, Harrion Karstark declares himself and the rest of the clans as Starks, regardless if I'm playing as Jon or not.

yn4Yl5J.jpg
State of Europe in 1011. Didn't nail all of Britannia yet because I was banking on inviting a claimant to Pictland to my realm and giving him the Isle of Man before pressing his claim.

Currently fighting the Third Crusade, with the warscore fluctuating like mad, went from  -10% to like 70%'s. Currently have the lead in war contribution (60% compared to the King of Wales, with a whopping 5% score),

O0TbUM2.jpg
Ealdwine has earned his "Great" name.

Picked up Monks and Mystics. 

While it doesn't do much for AGOT, the regular game, on the other hand....

I joined the Sanatists, toyed around with their various powers etc. Disturbingly fun :shifty: . Then an idea came into my head....

Using the Ruler Designer Unlocked mod....why not make the Antichrist? And for even more fucked up bonus points, make his religion Messalian, so there's Divine Blood, and make him immortal. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mick said:

I joined the Sanatists, toyed around with their various powers etc. Disturbingly fun :shifty: . Then an idea came into my head....

Using the Ruler Designer Unlocked mod....why not make the Antichrist? And for even more fucked up bonus points, make his religion Messalian, so there's Divine Blood, and make him immortal. 

Shame that you can't make his mother a jackal. Also, might steal this <_<

• Like 1