Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
metalman

Crusader Kings II

Recommended Posts

So evidently, Holy Fury has a feature not previously announced as part of the random world settings where you can play as animals.

BATTLE OF THE PUPPERS CONFIRMED. :w00t:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a coat of gold, or a coat of red,

A lion still has claws. 

And mine are long, and sharp my lord, 

As long and sharp as yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W5D0Ev2.png
 

When they said "keep the blood pure", I'm not entirely sure that this was the intended outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you get a bigger army in this? And how do you get more from your vassals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrading your cities and castles increases the amount of soldiers. And the more your vassals like you, the more they’ll allow you to raise.

23 minutes ago, MDK said:

How do you get a bigger army in this? And how do you get more from your vassals?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MDK said:

How do you get a bigger army in this? And how do you get more from your vassals?

1) Upgrade your holdings. Different buildings provide different units and bonuses. They can take a while to build. 

2) Assign your marshal to recruit soldiers. This will raise the levy. You can also get events where the levy size increases for a small amount of time. 

3) Make your vassals like you. Higher opinion = more soldiers. 

4) Event troops and retinues. Some of are specific and can only be used for certain things (like raiding). 

5) If money isn't a problem, mercenaries. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh right, because I've just been pissing off my vassals. Started a game somewhere in the East with one vassal and kept revoking titles until it was mine.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MDK said:

Oh right, because I've just been pissing off my vassals. Started a game somewhere in the East with one vassal and kept revoking titles until it was mine.

Well, that's another way you can do it :shifty: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2018 at 15:24, Mick said:

Well, that's another way you can do it :shifty: 

I also pissed off my vassals by introducing The Turnip Law.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MDK said:

I also pissed off my vassals by introducing The Turnip Law.

That would do it :shifty: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never realised the lunatic trait could be so much fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDK said:

I never realised the lunatic trait could be so much fun

You should go carousing with it. Makes dinner to die for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best DLC? I have Way of Life, and I like the extra elements it adds, but I’m not sure if there’s any other DLC out there that I’m interested in.

Maybe Charlemagne?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old Gods. And the Viking Metal DLC. RIIIIIIIIIIIIISE WITH THE STOOOOOOOOOOOOORM VIKING GODS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's a good way to even get into Crusader Kings II? I love Europa Universalis 4 and I really want to love Crusader Kings II but I just find it... really hard to navigate and get into for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Old Gods. And the Viking Metal DLC. RIIIIIIIIIIIIISE WITH THE STOOOOOOOOOOOOORM VIKING GODS!

Campfire was the best song of that music pack. :angry:

 

13 hours ago, Sean O'Game said:

What's a good way to even get into Crusader Kings II? I love Europa Universalis 4 and I really want to love Crusader Kings II but I just find it... really hard to navigate and get into for some reason.

How much playtime are you at right now? Took me maybe 30 hours or so to understand enough of the game to not totally suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not even gonna lie, my first playthrough I used cheats and gave myself tons of money just to see what you could do with it. I used cheats to get Casus Beli for other areas so I could learn how to fight in wars. I pollinated my wife every year so I could see how marital ties between your children created alliances with other families. 

It worked. I have hundreds of hours played now, and I only play in Iron Man mode now. I absolutely love the game now that I know how it all works.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way to get into it is...to just get in to it and learn as you go. Whenever you're not sure how to do something, google it. Like, "Oh, I have 10,000 men. Why can't I invade them? Oh, that's why, I need a claim, how do I get one?" etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For my amusement, Westeros as of 485 AC:

Sitting the Iron Throne is Aegon Targaryen, the Seventh of His Name, blah fill in the damn titles. Commonly called 'the Dragontamer', wielder of Blackfyre and rider of Valyrion. Age 49, married to his aunt Rhaenyra, a few months younger than Aegon. Together, their (legitimate) children:

  1. {Maekar}, their firstborn son, born 450 AC, dead from pneumonia in 454 AC at the age of 3
  2. Elaena, their firstborn daughter, born 452 AC, age 32, m. Baelon Targaryen, Lord of Summerfield and Shipbreaker Bay
    -{Rhaeys}, born 479 AC, died from dysentery in 483 AC at the age of 3
    -Jaehaerys, age 3, born 479 AC
    -Rhaenyra, age 1, born 483 AC
    -{Aenar}, a sickly infant, born 484 AC, died at the age of one month
  3. Daenaera, born 454 AC, age 30, m. Aegon's cousin Aemon Targaryen
    -Mhaegan, born 476 AC, age 8
  4. Rhaenyra, born 455 AC, age 29, m. her uncle {Maelys Targaryen}, m. Meros of the Sellsword Infantry
    (by Maelys)
    -Aelinor, born 473 AC, age 11
    -Aenor, Lord of Torrentpeak, born 475 AC, age 9
  5. Vaermon, Lord of Dragonstone and current heir, born 456 AC, age 28, m. Dorna Lannister
    -Maelor, born 472 AC, age 12, betrothed to Aegon VII's six year old bastard niece Baela Waters
    -Maekar, born 474 AC, age 10, twin of Shaera
    -Shaera, twin of Maekar
    -Lucerys, born 478 AC, age 6
  6. Aerion, born 463 AC, age 21, m. Melantha Lightfoot, Lady of Stony Shore
  7. {Alyssa}, stillborn in 466 AC
  8. Viserys, born 470 AC, age 14

Now, about Aegon's illegitimate children: there's a few:

(by his cousin Rhaenyra Targaryen)

  1. Leaysa Waters, born 465 AC, age 19, m. Aegon's nephew Aegor Eghon
    -{Maega}, stillborn in 482 AC
  2. Rhaegar Waters, born 468 AC, age 16, m. Zia Harte
  3. Naerys Waters, born 479 AC, age 5
  4. Maegon Waters, born 482 AC, age 2


(by Beony Footly of Tumbleton)

  1. Helyna Flowers, born 476 AC, age 8


(by Chieftess Willow of Hardhome)

  1. Aelyx Waters, born 477 AC, age 7, betrothed to his sister Myrtle
  2. Myrtle Waters, born 478 AC, age 6, betrothed to her brother Aelyx
  3. Craster Waters, born 480 AC, age 4
  4. Ondrew Waters, born 481 AC, age 3
  5. Ferny Waters, born 482 AC, age 2


(by Delonne)

  1. Olyvar Sand, born 480 AC, age 4


If I had the piety, I'd go full Aegon IV and legitimize all the bastards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Santa Brady said:


If I had the piety, I'd go full Aegon IV and legitimize all the bastards.


That is a very silly thing to do :shifty: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Santa Brady said:

For my amusement, Westeros as of 485 AC:

Sitting the Iron Throne is Aegon Targaryen, the Seventh of His Name, blah fill in the damn titles. Commonly called 'the Dragontamer', wielder of Blackfyre and rider of Valyrion. Age 49, married to his aunt Rhaenyra, a few months younger than Aegon. Together, their (legitimate) children:

  1. {Maekar}, their firstborn son, born 450 AC, dead from pneumonia in 454 AC at the age of 3
  2. Elaena, their firstborn daughter, born 452 AC, age 32, m. Baelon Targaryen, Lord of Summerfield and Shipbreaker Bay
    -{Rhaeys}, born 479 AC, died from dysentery in 483 AC at the age of 3
    -Jaehaerys, age 3, born 479 AC
    -Rhaenyra, age 1, born 483 AC
    -{Aenar}, a sickly infant, born 484 AC, died at the age of one month
  3. Daenaera, born 454 AC, age 30, m. Aegon's cousin Aemon Targaryen
    -Mhaegan, born 476 AC, age 8
  4. Rhaenyra, born 455 AC, age 29, m. her uncle {Maelys Targaryen}, m. Meros of the Sellsword Infantry
    (by Maelys)
    -Aelinor, born 473 AC, age 11
    -Aenor, Lord of Torrentpeak, born 475 AC, age 9
  5. Vaermon, Lord of Dragonstone and current heir, born 456 AC, age 28, m. Dorna Lannister
    -Maelor, born 472 AC, age 12, betrothed to Aegon VII's six year old bastard niece Baela Waters
    -Maekar, born 474 AC, age 10, twin of Shaera
    -Shaera, twin of Maekar
    -Lucerys, born 478 AC, age 6
  6. Aerion, born 463 AC, age 21, m. Melantha Lightfoot, Lady of Stony Shore
  7. {Alyssa}, stillborn in 466 AC
  8. Viserys, born 470 AC, age 14

Now, about Aegon's illegitimate children: there's a few:

(by his cousin Rhaenyra Targaryen)

  1. Leaysa Waters, born 465 AC, age 19, m. Aegon's nephew Aegor Eghon
    -{Maega}, stillborn in 482 AC
  2. Rhaegar Waters, born 468 AC, age 16, m. Zia Harte
  3. Naerys Waters, born 479 AC, age 5
  4. Maegon Waters, born 482 AC, age 2


(by Beony Footly of Tumbleton)

  1. Helyna Flowers, born 476 AC, age 8


(by Chieftess Willow of Hardhome)

  1. Aelyx Waters, born 477 AC, age 7, betrothed to his sister Myrtle
  2. Myrtle Waters, born 478 AC, age 6, betrothed to her brother Aelyx
  3. Craster Waters, born 480 AC, age 4
  4. Ondrew Waters, born 481 AC, age 3
  5. Ferny Waters, born 482 AC, age 2


(by Delonne)

  1. Olyvar Sand, born 480 AC, age 4


If I had the piety, I'd go full Aegon IV and legitimize all the bastards.

I hate you for being able to still play the GoT mod.

Just so you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I hate you for being able to still play the GoT mod.

Just so you know.

 

Why, what's wrong with yours? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mick said:

 

Why, what's wrong with yours? 

I switched the version of my CK2 to 2.7.01 or whatever it was before the update, but it still closes instantly at the starting screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. To learn more, see our Privacy Policy