Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

19 minutes ago, Chuck Tingle said:

Oh hey, only three assassinations away from becoming the first King of England. Just crushed a rebellion, so let's go hun...

UXpzkza.jpg

WELL FUCK YOU TOO GAME.

1-2fKbiSv0tnuIaIHsLpduNA.gif

• Like 1

His dad was plenty fat for the both of then. <_<

Summary of his reign: prepared Viking invasion, all the Viking raiders (at least once a month, often multiple times), a count pushing my uncle's claim on my duchy, my neighbor Mercia becoming a tributary for the Empire of Francia, DED.

1 hour ago, 9 to 5 said:

Come back to me in a century.

Back. Some guy in Saxony had a claim on the Duchy of Mercia and had their king press their claim....they had no boats, so couldn't get to me. Guranteed white peace, despite him calling a few neighbors into the war?

AHAHAHAHA I foolishly took the fight to them before I could raise military organization high enough. :bang:

In a weird position right now in a Karling challenge where I'm at war with the King of Aquitaine, the rightful Capet ruler of France, and their allies Denmark to reclaim my brother's right to the Aquitainian Duchy of Aquitaine (I'm the French Duke of Berry). At the same time, France is at war against the Norman revolt and are receiving help from their allies, also Denmark. So I'm simultaneously fighting and allied with the Danish armies currently floating about the French counties.

EDIT - Oh also my other brother, the Duke of Gascogne, and is currently rebelling against Aquitaine for independence so I have to avoid his armies because we're considered belligerent for some reason.

Edited by Naitch

1 hour ago, Chuck Tingle said:

Son's middle name is Beorhtricsson. I'm currently playing a Beorhtric. Beorhtricsson, son of Beorhtric.

(Now laugh at me for being so dumb as to not realize this earlier :shifty:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadJack said:

That's actually a surname, rather than a middle name (even though it does come in the middle).

Yeah. Names for character Scandinavian cultures (or at least Norse) go GivenName/Paternym/ClanName

Oh hey, cool, hunti....wait...we went down this road before...

umD6stt.jpg

...unlike last time, we're cool and everything I had planned is back on track. Even cool with sitting through a nearly fifteen year regency. (H)

TL;DR: Dad died in battle helping my stepmom, stepmom plotted to kill me and get her son she had with Dad installed on my throne, succeeded with on 61% plot power. 

• 2 weeks later...