Board Game thread

Another play of Robinson Crusoe tonight. My wife and I finally survived the first scenario and were rescued! Huzzah!

In-game picture for anyone not friends with me on Facebook (bah).

1395382_10151957985254578_1503591767_n.j

This was relatively early, while everything was looking good. Then the autumn rains came and caused some issues, then winter snows came and caused some bigger issues, but then we managed to get all our wood together for our huge rescue fire, lit it and got off that hell-hole.

So now, even though we've completed one of the six scenarios (not yet played the CURSED ISLE, CANNIBAL ISLAND, VOLCANO ISLAND, RESCUE THE GIRL AT SEA or SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON scenarios, yet alone completed any of them), I'm desiring after the new expansion

pic1801740_md.jpg

Which kinda looks at Darwin's voyages and links scenarios together so that whatever you have from the previous scenario will affect the next one and so on. Groovy.

• Like 1

Betrayal is fun. I haven't had a chance to be the traitor yet, though. We got haunts 14 and 28 the two times we played last night, my cousin's girlfriend was the traitor the first time (she won) and my brother was the traitor the second time (he lost). I really want to be the traitor.

I'm considering kicking off my old board game podcast again. It's been years since I used to do them but I'm in the mood to start again.

I would be down to listen!

Or be in it, everyone loves my dulcet tones :shifty:

Some of the guys from the place I'm working at now have been setting up card/board game nights and I've finally been able to get in on them. So far we've been able to get through games of:

- Munchkin

- Smash Up!

- Axis & Allies

Allies was something that I was meaning to play for AGES - and while it took a while to learn, we eventually got to the point where I (playing as the Soviet Union) and Germany were getting into some absolutely crazy battles.

• 2 weeks later...