Board Game thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So a while back I talked about a kickstarter for Rumbleslam, wrestling plus blood bowl was always going to be a winner for me. Well it's finally about to drop with a release date and come out in March with the team making some preview game play videos. It looks quite simple to learn, pick up and play and fairly customisable as far as teams for tactical flexibility and team building (I for one couldn't resist backing Orcishis arse up if I trap someone in the corner :shifty:)   so think it could become a regular at the local games club. Still only one game mode (half survivor series, half battle royal) but we'll see how it all develops...

there was an article in a magazine I read this week actually. It's a social deduction game where people are either fascists/liberals in the 30s, there's liberal/fascist policies and the goal is for each side to get a certain amount of policies passed with an extra option of winning the game by figuring out who Hitler is and having him assassinated. It does look like it'll be quite good fun.

• Like 1

The wife got me the Marvel Legendary board game for Valentine's Day (not sure why). Haven't been able to really stop playing it. Really good deck builder. A little on the easy side until I mixed in one of the expansion sets. Anyone else here try it?

Played a couple of game of Five Year Mission (Star Trek themed game) yesterday. It was fairly easy to pick up and quite enjoyable. We'll definitely be playing it more.

I thought it was pretty neat that you get TOS and TNG themes as standard, and the characters aren't just re-skins - their abilities are unique.

• Admin
On 2/19/2017 at 02:49, james_ewing88 said:

The wife got me the Marvel Legendary board game for Valentine's Day (not sure why). Haven't been able to really stop playing it. Really good deck builder. A little on the easy side until I mixed in one of the expansion sets. Anyone else here try it?

I've got it, along with the Dark City, GOTG, Spiderman and Secret Wars expansions - and a ton of custom cards too. Really fun game as you say!

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2017 at 14:42, RPS said:

I just read the description for The Resistance and me wants to buy.  

That reminds me, I really need to run it in the Mafia Cube again.

• Like 2

For you Resistance fans, check out Secret Hitler. I find it much better designed for groups, especially groups that have no creativity (aka most of my group).

Has anyone tried Santorini yet? I bought it a month ago and its been on the table quite a bit lately, mainly because the 2 player option is great for my wife and I. One of my favorite games that have come out this year. (so far)

Edited by maddog
  • Like 2

Just now, lanky316 said:

Have heard great things about Santorini and the fact the 2 player option is decent makes it creep up the list for those occasions when it's just me and the other half.

Seriously check it out. The four player is team based so brings a different challenge. I haven't played 3 player yet (planning on it tonight with Mrs/Niece) but it is great. The gods change thing up as well, as each game becomes different.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Yeah it looks like it would be, but I'd love to play it some day. Sounds like it's incredible once everything is set up and everyone knows what's they're doing.

It is so much fun! one of my favorite games. But the problem is finding 4-5 people who can dedicate 6-10 hours on a game.