AMC's "Breaking Bad"

Blitz

So I started watching this recently, and I'm only to the first few episodes in season two, but this show is awesome. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I have been blown away. On the show's wiki it says that season five was supposed to start in January '12, but I can't find an episode list. Does anyone else watch this show?

Season 5 should be starting in Summer, probably July. I don't know where the January '12 estimate came, maybe they started filming then?

Pretty comfortable calling it the best show on TV. I was a late comer too, I hadn't watched a single episode until sometime shortly after Season 4 had ended, and it was amazing.

Yeah, last I heard, filming began in January. But yeah, Breaking Bad is definitely one of if not the best show on television. I just love how all in one episode I'd be laughing, and then almost have a heart attack from something insane happening.

I can't remember falling in love with a show this fast, since the first time I saw Always Sunny back in 06'.

I could've sworn we had a thread for this already or something... Ehh, anyway. No, TV doesn't start filming so far from the air dates. They start a decent amount of time so that they have a few episodes in the can, but continue to shoot while the show starts airing. Judging by Aaron Paul on Twitter, they just got their first scripts today or a couple of days ago which means they should be rolling soon. Says the season will premiere in July.

Holy crap! Gus walked out with half his face showing, I thought he made it out clean somehow. Then he went all Two-Face on us. How freaking awesome was that? I was not expecting anything this great out of this show.

http://screenrant.com/breaking-bad-season-5-spoilers-walter-white-death-aco-146224/

All kinda speculation in the article, buT it's a good short read.

Spoiler re: end of the series.

I agree with the article. In my mind, the only way to end his character arc. He's wronged so many people, both close and strangers, that it could only be fitting that he dies.

Spoilers on the entire series. Just some thoughts / predictions I have on season 5.

The way I see it, I see the final season being Mike vs. Jesse vs. Walt. Walt Jr. will possibly get injured to some extent during the season, whether it be minor or major but won't die, and Hank will find out that Walt is Heisenberg, possibly mid drug deal. Whether Hank covers Walt while he processes everything or goes on the witch hunt is up in the air. I can't see Hank walking out of the show alive, however. Personally, I've felt like he's had a death warrant since he transferred to El Paso, which I found hilarious as our city is not that dangerous at all. If anyone is going to kill Walt though, it's going to be Jesse. If I remember correctly, Walt has always picked up his kills, minus the goofy scientist from the season 3 finale. Jesse has always had a hard time killing someone and seemingly played second fiddle to Walt, before being sent to Mexico and was seen higher than him. This final season, I see them as equals who are going to be at each others throat. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse is the one to injure Walt Jr to increase tensions while Mike is the outside threat. Other casualties alongside Walt and Hank will probably be Saul, Mike, and/or Badger & the other friend that wears the beanie all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Skinny Pete! (in reference to the beanie guy)

Started watching about a month ago and saw the finale a couple of days ago and my GOD this show is amazing. Absolutely fucking awesome, and I'm devastated that Season 5 will be all we get (although it's gonna be 7 and 7, split over 2 years isn't it? So it's like two season 1's). But my main reason for coming in here is to ask for recommendations for shows that are as thoroughly awesome as this one.

PS. Took me a couple of episodes to realise it was Hal from MitM, but then he went all badass and bald and rocked the motherfucking casbah so much that I forgot all about Hal. Amazing show.

I just finished up the series a week or so ago. From the first episode going forward I was absolutely hooked. Initially I thought the show was going to be more realistic like The Wire or Sopranos so I was actually disappointed when I saw the airplane scene in whatever finale that is. After that I suspended my disbelief some more, and that helped me enjoy the show a lot more. I actually think the most recent season was my favorite overall with my favorite scene being when Gus/Mike/Jesse visit the Cartel bosses in Mexico.

Regarding the airplane scene, I feel like it was needed. The whole season, we are led to believe the worst for Walt... that his whole family has been murdered, his entire life destroyed, he's been caught. Walt's actions in avoiding this actually leads to something far worse for a far greater number of people. Walt avoids being caught, but he killed a man's daughter and indirectly led to a plane crash that killed hundreds of people and mentally scarred so many other people. I think you needed something that catastrophic to show that Walter White doesn't give a shit about anybody except for himself.