The Punk Thread

RPS

On 23/04/2016 at 00:52, Lint said:

Unf 

On 21/04/2016 at 05:14, Permanent Rich said:

So the line up for the Fest this year is pretty rad:

12993375_998230500212684_567775730125426

PropagandI? LTJ? Mustard Plug? 

You paying or do I need to nosh you off?

32 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Is there much Skiba influence? I think that's about the only thing that could get me to give a damn about Blink 182.

I know he was a part of writing the entire album? That's about it. I admit I didn't know much about Skiba before he joined Blink.

8 hours ago, Nerf said:

Is there much Skiba influence? I think that's about the only thing that could get me to give a damn about Blink 182.

As our resident Trio devotee...I don't know that you can hear it in this one, besides his vocals, which incidentally sound pretty similar to Mark's.  It sounds like something that could have been on the +44 album, so just like the last time Mark and Travis made music without Tom.

It does sound like parts of a lot of different blink songs mashed together, which isn't a bad thing.  I'm saying more that if you told me it was a +44 B-side, I wouldn't question it.

If Rancid was fronted by a girl

Actually to re-enforce that, here is a song they did with Tim from Rancid

57 minutes ago, Lint said:

If Rancid was fronted by a girl

Actually to re-enforce that, here is a song they did with Tim from Rancid

Aimee Allen is adorable. Had an exchange with her on Twitter a few years ago. Total babe.

Got into these guys when I was around 15 or so....I'm 35 now.  They released their first album since 1998 back in 2013 and it was awesome.  Made me feel like a teenager again.  This is from their return album

• Like 1

On 5/2/2016 at 01:33, Lint said:

Got into these guys when I was around 15 or so....I'm 35 now.  They released their first album since 1998 back in 2013 and it was awesome.  Made me feel like a teenager again.  This is from their return album

Nice, Brian McGee is great.  I saw him open for the Horrible Crowes in New York and then he jumped on for a Revival Tour in Rhode Island, good stuff.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2016 at 12:41, Maxx said:

Nice, Brian McGee is great.  I saw him open for the Horrible Crowes in New York and then he jumped on for a Revival Tour in Rhode Island, good stuff.

Nice @Maxx!  Don't know too many people who know Brian McGee, either as a solo artist or with Plow United. They were one of the bands that really got me into punk and their Goodnight Sellout album is in my top 5 punk albums to this day

Here is Brian McGee solo, with a kinda funny story prior to the song

John Stabb of Government Issue has passed away (shut up metalman). So, he and his band Government Issue were a DC band, and one of the best out of that era. His peers of course then were the guys from Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Henry Rollins, and Iron Cross among others. I think they were every bit as good as any of those groups, and they had a rather large discography, though I think most people will highlight the early days (sorta like Black Flag, they evolved beyond just a straight hardcore sound).

Most people wont know this guy, and it wont make national headlines like Prince, but this for me is another rocker that is gone, one whose music had a prominent impact on my younger days. I played the shit out of Boycott Stabb in my early 20s.

• Like 1