The Punk Thread

RPS

They haven't announced a drummer yet, but if Robo is still good to go, I imagine it will be him. They also haven't said anything about whether this affect's upcoming Misfits releases (They announced an EP due out before end of summer, and Jerry wanted to have a full length done by that point too), or potential for other touring opportunities.

I expect that this is a one time deal to see how everyone works together, but I know that at one point Danzig had said that he would only tour under the Misfits name if Jerry wasn't releasing new tunes at the same time.

This could also mean delays in the new Danzig album, the Elvis covers album from Evil Elvis himself, as well as potentially putting Doyle on the backburner. I'm actually wondering how long they've known about this, because earlier this year, Alex Story announced that Cancerslug would be putting out their final album so that he could concentrate solely on Doyle.... but then they stopped talking about that and announced another album recently that's due out at the end of this month. Maybe Doyle gave him the head's up that this was going down, and told him to put his focus back on the 'Slug.

Rather than cancel shows in North Carolina, Laura Jane Grace and Against Me! performed there and she burned her birth certificate on stage. Pretty rad.

• Like 2

In 1996, Metallica was performing on the MTV Europe Music Awards.  They were going to perform "King Nothing".  But before going on stage, they were told they couldn't do anything with 'offensive' lyrics.  King Nothing has no offensive lyrics too but, but Metallica went all rock n roll, said "Fuck that" and did covers of The Misfits 'Last Caress' and Anti-Nowhere Leagues 'So What'...the latter of which is nothing but offensive lyrics.  It has never been released on any official MTV release

• Like 1

Rancid!  With Lars in videos for songs he didn't record!

That reminds me that there was some Pansy Division song I stumbled across years ago that I really liked, but I can't remember what the fuck it was now. I'm looking through their discography trying to see if any track titles ring any bells, but I'm not finding it. Boo.

They are a super underrated in the pop punk genre. I've always been a fan of how different they were from every pop punk band out there. A lot of pop punk bands focused their song writing on being frustrated about the relationships aspect of love. Pansy Division just wanted to get their dicks sucked and wrote songs about it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw them once with The Queers and some other shit bands. I saw them during their New York Dolls phase, they were alright except for the fact that the lead singer just wanted to roll around on stage like a sack of depressed shit. 

The Queers kicked ass that night though. 

On 6/12/2016 at 04:50, VerbalRick said:

I saw them once with The Queers and some other shit bands. I saw them during their New York Dolls phase, they were alright except for the fact that the lead singer just wanted to roll around on stage like a sack of depressed shit. 

The Queers kicked ass that night though. 

Saw them one time on the Warped Tour on one of the side stages.  The singer went on a rant about how the 30 or so people watching them were "real rock and roll" while everyone watching the main stages were "fucking sellout pussies"