The Punk Thread

RPS

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Can one of you lot recommend me something along the lines of Agent Orange. Some kind of Surf Punk, 80's sorta, maybe a bit Dead Kennedys ish

Maybe Wasted Youth. Not surf but they are otherwise similar to Agent Orange. Perhaps also the Adolescents.

Flag of Democracy or Crucifucks for a Dead Kennedys similarity.

2 minutes ago, Nerf said:

The EP has some tracks that remind me of DK, which is why I brought them up. Check out Hell on a Surfboard.

Jeez, that song makes me wish I was ten years younger

Just now, VerbalRick said:

Maybe Wasted Youth. Not surf but they are otherwise similar to Agent Orange. Perhaps also the Adolescents.

Flag of Democracy or Crucifucks for a Dead Kennedys similarity.

We are one and the same 

Agent Orange and Adolescents tie for my favourite guitar solo in a song

I was working at [the science and engineering company] 

DuPont and they had put me out in Siberia doing some things I didn’t want to do. So at some point, I was like, “Well, I should just quit my job,” and then they did it for me. The last day of my job, I had to turn in my badge and turn in my company computer. I did all that at the site, and then I drove to the airport to get Bill to record vocals for the record. For the foreseeable future, I want to try this whole music-as-a-career thing, which I’ve never really done before.

MILO RETIRED!  Descendents full time!  :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

• Like 1

Joan Jett was so hot

• Like 1

Oh man, I Was doing an ABC of punk bands and I left off at I a year ago. So I guess J is next. And I can do K because I was late. So J...

So there is Johnny Thunders, the Jam, or Joy Division..but those are too obvious. How about Jerry's Kids instead. 

AND for K we will go across the pond to Finland with Kaaos. Music over there was so angry. I like it. 

• Like 1

So apparently Civ from Gorilla Biscuits stirred up trouble at a hardcore festival in Philly where people thought he was advocating for the anti-BLM "All Lives Matter" movement, because he said this

“In 2016, people still have to wear shirts that say ‘Black Lives Matter’. No shit. Brown, white, yellow, black, we all fucking matter. Everybody here matters. Do not let the media, schools, institutions, influence you. We are one family, one people.”

He later clarified on Facebook what he meant

Screen-Shot-2016-08-08-at-12-45-33-PM.jp

I've actually had a few people on my FB page talk about it, outraged about him, one actually said he's "a racist skinhead".  Oddly enough, the people saying stuff like that are the people I can pretty much guarantee with 100% certainty they've never listened to Gorilla Biscuits before

22 hours ago, Nerf said:

Honestly, I'm always hesitant to say that it's their best release, but it really is. Almost a perfect album from start to finish.

There's been a glut of great releases in the past 18 months that have made me fall in love with bands, this is one of them.