Sign in to follow this  
RPS

The Punk Thread

27 minutes ago, Malenko said:

They got huge the last couple f years! They're playing everywhere now!

Was it the first time you saw them live?

Yeah, I meant to go last year and didn’t. Hoping I can see them again before they decide to retire.

8 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Yeah, I meant to go last year and didn’t. Hoping I can see them again before they decide to retire.

They tour all the time. You'll get the chance. 

On 30/05/2019 at 06:50, Malenko said:

I read Against me were playing full albums but none of them pre-searching for a former clarity. I didn't know they were playing Reinventing Axl Rose. That's awesome. Whenever I see them live they play a couple old songs (mostly Walking is Still Honest and maybe pints.. ) and that's it. :(

Having seen them play Axl Rose through twice I can honestly say it's an amazing experience

My friend's band (who i love, i'm so excited for this) is putting out their first EP soon and they just put the first song "When I Became A Magical Girl I Wished That You Would Never Die" online; if yr into heart attack man/sorority noise/remo drive check it out!

2 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

My friend's band (who i love, i'm so excited for this) is putting out their first EP soon and they just put the first song "When I Became A Magical Girl I Wished That You Would Never Die" online; if yr into heart attack man/sorority noise/remo drive check it out!

I love that title!

• Like 1

On 01/06/2019 at 14:37, Stevie B said:

I really don't keep up with modern music these days, but discovering these guys before seeing them at Slam Dunk made my festival.

Best band I'd never seen before this year. I knew that was gonna be the case going in to Hatfield though.

• Like 1

I love them. I've been listening to them for a few years now but only got to see them live this year. It was great.

On 18/07/2019 at 02:45, Ruki said:

I love that title!

Love the song

• Thanks 1

So, The Aquabats are amazing live. Such a fun show!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

So, The Aquabats are amazing live. Such a fun show!

That would be fun. I want to take my kids to a show, they would work.

34 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

That would be fun. I want to take my kids to a show, they would work.

It would be so fun!  Your kids could go up on stage and dance or crowdsurf on giant inflatables -- its really just a super fun experience for all ages.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Love the song

I'll make sure to post the link to the EP when it comes out too!  I'm so excited -- this is my friend who I was in bands with for yeeeears, basically only stopped because I moved away; I also helped him record some solo stuff that never ended up coming out, but it was during those sessions that this band formed and I've been soooo pumped for their first release.

Cancerslug just released a new compilation that covers the back-end of their time with their drummer who recently passed away. If you're into GG Allin, you may dig Cancerslug. He was a huge influence on Cancerslug's Alex Story, who also fronts Doyle with Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein from the Misfits.

Cancerslug is easily one of my favorite bands. I really dig Alex Story's lyrics and voice, and it has hints of different genres of music that I enjoy, such as horror punk, outlaw country, metal and more, but it's really its own kind of thing.

Here's one of the, uh, less vile tracks.