EWR DAT Files to Excel/Access

When can we expect this to be released? I know it will take some work, but I am just wondering.

Not sure. It all depends on various things. I have my own game projects that I am working on and there are other non-gaming projects I got going on all of the time. It's not currently a priority so I can't say when it would be finished. With that said, in between working on other things I am still doing a little work on this, but I am basically just figuring out the file structure at this point.

When can we expect this to be released? I know it will take some work, but I am just wondering.

Not sure. It all depends on various things. I have my own game projects that I am working on and there are other non-gaming projects I got going on all of the time. It's not currently a priority so I can't say when it would be finished. With that said, in between working on other things I am still doing a little work on this, but I am basically just figuring out the file structure at this point.

Alright. Keep us updated if you can :)

Hey all, I found this when I did a search for "hex", looking for a translation for the values in the DAT files.

A few days ago I successfully cracked most of the code for the "wrestlers" DAT file. Basically I know the meaning of *every* byte in that file that's editable by the in-game "File Editor" interface, and have been able to export it for visualization and analysis.

This allows anyone to query the results in any way.

(As a moderately complicated example, as a personal project, I wrote a script to find possible rosters of 10 workers, each with a maximum of 30 overness, a Brawl/Tech/Speed total of no less than 140 (with stricter requirements for workers with higher wages), and no more than 4000 "effective wages" (meaning, if they work for another promotion and would demand more money to "justify" working for you, then we add $1000 to their "effective wages"), with total roster wages totaling no more than $29,000... and to find the "best" such rosters in terms of average variance in physical stats from one another.)

I mentioned I know the meaning of every "File Editor" editable byte. Off the top of my head, the only values that are probably left to discover in that file are:

- Current Injury (body part)

- Time Left to Recover from Injury

- Presumably, a flag corresponding to "Will not work for you again". In my estimation, this must exist, because if I recall correctly, in my experience, if a worker ever reaches critically low morale, then you will be unable to hire them back even if their morale later improves.

I don't know what other information is encoded in the file, but if there's any interest, I could find out.

In the meantime, it sorta looks like this thread has died. Is there still any interest in some kind of Excel or CSV export of the Wrestlers DAT file?

[[[EDIT: Sorry, I'm new to this forum and was looking at the wrong dates. Obviously this thread is NOT dead. I didn't mean to step on any toes here. If the original poster would like, I can share what I've found to see if anything's been missed or if there are contradictions in our respective analyses. Sorry again for my bad assumption.]]

P.S.

- Am I right about the "Will not work for you again" flag? It's been a long time since I experienced that, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering it correctly.

- If/when someone finds the "Injury" flags, it seems to me that this would open up intriguing possibilities for scenario creators. For example, you could theoretically BEGIN your game with certain workers being out with broken arms, legs, etc., for variable amounts of time.

Edited by Bokonon_Lives

Hey all, I found this when I did a search for "hex", looking for a translation for the values in the DAT files.

A few days ago I successfully cracked most of the code for the "wrestlers" DAT file. Basically I know the meaning of *every* byte in that file that's editable by the in-game "File Editor" interface, and have been able to export it for visualization and analysis.

This allows anyone to query the results in any way.

(As a moderately complicated example, as a personal project, I wrote a script to find possible rosters of 10 workers, each with a maximum of 30 overness, a Brawl/Tech/Speed total of no less than 140 (with stricter requirements for workers with higher wages), and no more than 4000 "effective wages" (meaning, if they work for another promotion and would demand more money to "justify" working for you, then we add $1000 to their "effective wages"), with total roster wages totaling no more than $29,000... and to find the "best" such rosters in terms of average variance in physical stats from one another.)

I mentioned I know the meaning of every "File Editor" editable byte. Off the top of my head, the only values that are probably left to discover in that file are:

- Current Injury (body part)

- Time Left to Recover from Injury

- Presumably, a flag corresponding to "Will not work for you again". In my estimation, this must exist, because if I recall correctly, in my experience, if a worker ever reaches critically low morale, then you will be unable to hire them back even if their morale later improves.

I don't know what other information is encoded in the file, but if there's any interest, I could find out.

In the meantime, it sorta looks like this thread has died. Is there still any interest in some kind of Excel or CSV export of the Wrestlers DAT file?

[[[EDIT: Sorry, I'm new to this forum and was looking at the wrong dates. Obviously this thread is NOT dead. I didn't mean to step on any toes here. If the original poster would like, I can share what I've found to see if anything's been missed or if there are contradictions in our respective analyses. Sorry again for my bad assumption.]]

P.S.

- Am I right about the "Will not work for you again" flag? It's been a long time since I experienced that, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering it correctly.

- If/when someone finds the "Injury" flags, it seems to me that this would open up intriguing possibilities for scenario creators. For example, you could theoretically BEGIN your game with certain workers being out with broken arms, legs, etc., for variable amounts of time.

Awesome. If you want to make some sort of editor program, that would be great. I don't have any time currently to work on something like this yet as I have plenty of other projects to finish. Interested to see what you could come up with.

Cool, thanks! Again, didn't mean to steal the project away from you, I just got overly excited when I got it working and wanted to start showing people. I'm more than happy to keep playing with this, though. Having lots of fun with it. I'm relatively new to hex editing, but I'm a C# developer and have always wanted a good, formulaic way to look at EWR game data.

I'll see what I can do!

Cool, thanks! Again, didn't mean to steal the project away from you, I just got overly excited when I got it working and wanted to start showing people. I'm more than happy to keep playing with this, though. Having lots of fun with it. I'm relatively new to hex editing, but I'm a C# developer and have always wanted a good, formulaic way to look at EWR game data.

I'll see what I can do!

Sounds cool. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I recently changed some of the objects in the game itself around by hex editing. :D

• 2 weeks later...

What does anybody know about this project:

http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30147&st=0

His work was up for download on Megaupload, which is a dead site now.

Did he complete figuring out the Hex mappings? Does anyone know where to get his stuff anymore? It'd be a shame to have to do all his work over again from scratch. :-P

Anyway, there is still a handful of "junk bytes" left in the wrestler.DAT file that I haven't yet found the purpose of, but I have uncovered everything I expected to find.

I can now safely Hex Edit workers' statuses (Normal / Injured / Rehab), the number of months they are out for, and the text of their injury (up to 15 chars).

I've also discovered that there's a hidden stat representing the worker's willingness to work with you. I'm calling it Happiness. It goes up and down as the worker's Morale changes, but at different rates. I don't know the pattern, but this is why you can't just Arsenic someone's Morale up to 100 and expect them to keep working with you. You have to Hex Edit the hidden Happiness stat, too. The stat interestingly enough can go into the negatives. When it's below 20, they "refuse to even begin negotiations with you". From 20-39, they "do not want to negotiate". And for 40 and above, they're okay.

I'll spend a little time messing around with all the "junk bytes", but it could be they're just arbitrarily set and unused afterwards. I think I pretty much have enough data now to start working soon on the actual DAT/Excel importer/exporter.

What does anybody know about this project:

http://www.ewbattleg...opic=30147&st=0

His work was up for download on Megaupload, which is a dead site now.

Did he complete figuring out the Hex mappings? Does anyone know where to get his stuff anymore? It'd be a shame to have to do all his work over again from scratch. :-P

Anyway, there is still a handful of "junk bytes" left in the wrestler.DAT file that I haven't yet found the purpose of, but I have uncovered everything I expected to find.

I can now safely Hex Edit workers' statuses (Normal / Injured / Rehab), the number of months they are out for, and the text of their injury (up to 15 chars).

I've also discovered that there's a hidden stat representing the worker's willingness to work with you. I'm calling it Happiness. It goes up and down as the worker's Morale changes, but at different rates. I don't know the pattern, but this is why you can't just Arsenic someone's Morale up to 100 and expect them to keep working with you. You have to Hex Edit the hidden Happiness stat, too. The stat interestingly enough can go into the negatives. When it's below 20, they "refuse to even begin negotiations with you". From 20-39, they "do not want to negotiate". And for 40 and above, they're okay.

I'll spend a little time messing around with all the "junk bytes", but it could be they're just arbitrarily set and unused afterwards. I think I pretty much have enough data now to start working soon on the actual DAT/Excel importer/exporter.

could the junk bytes have anything to do with the worker's potential/speed they gain and lose stats? it would be nice if I am right, so you could determine how good someone could become over the years, and how long they will be good.

That would be nice, wouldn't it!! :w00t: Imagine hex-editing an 18-year-old wrestler to get their stats to skyrocket up every year (or a 90-year-old one!). I'm kind of pessimistic about that, actually.... I certainly haven't disproven it, but right now I'm just gonna move on to the nitty gritty and get this program working for you guys.

I tried messing with all the unidentified bytes, using Chris Jericho as a guinea pig. I set them to arbitrary values and played through the game a bit as WWE. He seemed unaffected by the changes. He was able to wrestle during events just fine, and his behavior didn't seem too strange. I found that the game reset a few of those bytes back to their original values, but just ones that looked like flags (setting them back to "true" (FF FF)). These are probably just bytes used by the software during runtime as placeholders for some internal process, or as some sort of verification. The rest of the bytes, which the software didn't change, are probably just pure junk.

When I release my findings, I'll point out the junk bytes and their typical values. If anyone wants to continue messing with them, they're more than welcome to. I'd love to hear about more hidden values like a "potential growth" stat or anything else. For now, I think I'm going to leave them be. I'm comfortable enough with the rest of the data that I'm gonna call it a day on my analysis, and just get to work on a nice, user-friendly interface for editing this mother trucker.

There is one last, very boring thing for me to do, though. Figuring out which ID's correspond to which Gimmicks. There are a LOT of Gimmicks. :crying:

But yeah. Other than that, it's roughly go-time for finally developing this thing.

Edited by Bokonon_Lives

There is one last, very boring thing for me to do, though. Figuring out which ID's correspond to which Gimmicks. There are a LOT of Gimmicks. :crying:

Dont worry about it. :)

0- None

1- Savage

2- Cocky

3- Cowardly

4- Bad Ass

5- Hero

6- Psycho

7- Mysterious

8- Evil

9- Legitimate Athlete

10- Daredevil

11- Prima Donna

12- Teen Idol

13- High Society

14- Underdog

15- Egomaniac

16- Cool

17- Gangsta

18- Crazy

19- Comedy Character

20- Dude

21- Freak

22- Obnoxious

23- Cheater

24- Monster

25- Evil Foreigner

26- Fun Babyface

27- Seductress

28- Bitch

29- Girl-Next-Door

30- Evil Boss

31- Gay

32- Suave

33- Tomboy

34- Troublemaker

35- Foreign Star

36- Degenerate

37- Authority Figure

38- Weirdo

39- Loner

40- Genius

41- Lackey

42- No Gimmick Needed

43- Cowboy

44- Redneck

45- Pro USA

46- Anti USA

47- Underworld

48- Slut

49- Rich Snob

50- Inspirational Leader

51- Native American

52- Slob

53- Chosen One

54- Blue Chipper

55- Power and Paint

56- Punk

57- Franchise Player

58- Extremist

59- Old School Heel

60- Old School Face

61- Blue Collar

62- Gothic

63- Cheerleader

64- Trash

65- BFG

66- Unique

67- Occult

68- Putz

69- Rapper

70- Hired Gun

71- Arrogant

72- Ravishing

73- Armed Forces

74- Supernatural

75- Geek

76- Bounty Hunter

77- Mentor

78- Ninja

79- Martial Arts

80- Bodyguard

81- Angry Young Man

82- Rebel

83- Man on a Mission

84- Executive Consultant

85- Coach

86- The Brain

87- Man in Black

88- Glam Rocker

89- Gender Bender

90- Metalhead

91- Grunge

92- Detective

93- Junkie

94- Dealer

95- Theif

96- Journalist

97- Comedian

98- Pacifist

99- Unlucky

100- Chameleon

101- Comic Book Hero

102- Comic Book Villian

103- Evil Preacher

104- Bumbling Englishman

105- Fun Drunk

106- Violent Drunk

107- Lumberjack

108- Stoner

109- Outbacker

110- Comrade

111- Arabian

112- Sidekick

113- Braveheart

114- Movie Star

115- Enforcer

116- Censor

117- Split Personality

118- Highlight Reel

119- Machine

120- Demon

121- Imperssionist

122- Fiery Italian

123- Girl Power

124- Valley Girl

125- Daddy's Girl

126- Equality Fighter

127- Misogynist

128- Foreign Royalty

129- Royalty

130- Harsh German

131- Witch

132- Magician

133- Boy Band

134- Law Enforcer

135- Corrupt Law Officer

136- Voodoo

137- Pimp

138- Evil Pimp

139- City Slicker

140- Evil Dentist

141- Masochist

142- Lawyer

143- Conman

144- Mafia

145- Triad

146- Informer

147- Rasta

148- Racist

149- Religious Zealot

150- Cult Leader

151- Pyromaniac

152- All-American

153- Dual-Sport Superstar

154- Manic Depressive

155- Knight

156- Evil Knight

157- Street Fighter

158- Sumo

159- Sports Agent

160- The Ryland Effect

161- Pretentious Artist

162- Dance

163- Secretary

164- Staff Member

165- Guru

166- Sucka

167- Hillbilly

168- Evil Referee

169- Servant

170- That 70's Guy

171- That 80's Guy

172- Grizzled Veteran

173- Fitness Instructor

174- White Witch

175- Postal Worker

176- Clown

177- Evil Clown

178- Streaker

179- Country Singer

180- Whole Damn Show

181- Show Stealer

182- Man Beast

183- Angry Minority

184- Vampire

185- Obsessed Fan

186- Pirate

187- Sheik

188- Rock Star

189- Ice Man

190- Bully

191- Paper Boy

192- Convict

193- Bum

194- Commissioner

195- People's Boss

196- Luchadore

197- Biker

198- Mountie

199- Family Guy

200- Nerd

201- Evolution

202- Adult Film Star

203- Shark Boy

204- Clean Cut

Edit: Whoops, this is taken from Arsenic. Hopefully the ##'s are usable.

Edited by Manifest

Hey, that's great news! Thanks! That link doesn't work for me, but yeah, if you have all the mappings, I can absolutely work with that. I think I'm done finding the wrestler.DAT mappings myself through trial and error, but I might be missing a few bytes still, we'll see. And if you have the mappings for the other DAT files, I could put together a neat little editor. I'm partway done coding my wrestler.DAT app, but this could be a huge help. If you can post a link that'll work for me, or just post or pm the details, it'd be much appreciated!!

Yeah any stuff I couldn't find, I just don't know what the hell it controls. I went through testing everything for about two months with someone who spoke Italian and we managed to get just about everything. If you have any questions, just let me know. I'll periodically check back.

Edited by TheGame2705