General Web Series Thread (YouTubers, LPs, Vloggers Etc)

Hobo

I watched Nostalgia Critics review this week with Diamanda Hagan on Heavy Metal. It's actually fun! Hagan is interesting. I haven't really watched a lot of her own stuff but her cross overs are fun.

I don't really watch NC much anymore but I still like to watch his cross overs.

Ugh, Angry Joe. Admittedly I haven't watched much of him but I just find the whole 'angry/bitch game related thing' annoying and catering to the lowest hanging fruit of the internet. Why I've not looked into Totalbuscuit too as the only exposure I've had to him is him bitching about something and saying 'I will not be getting this game, I am taking a moral stand. smiley_smug.gif'

On AJ though, I loved the story Spoony told on when they went to Washington to talk to senators or what have you about SOPA and AJ decided to film some schtick on the steps of the Captial Building in this elaborate costume he has for some character and everyone else is shitting themselves because there's snipers everywhere and they're probably just waiting for Joe to pull out a gun or something so they can blow his head off.

Oh yeah, Joe whining and bitching about the Spike Video Game awards and Geoff Keighley just blowing him off was funny too.

Yogscast, I found it funny when they did their 360 Minecraft video recently and were like 'lol, 360. This is going to be terrible. Glorious PC master race.' and ended up enjoying it.

I like TB, but I mainly look forward to his Terraria videos with Jesse Cox. I watch waaay more Let's Plays than I do review type videos..

EDIT: Oh, now that I think of it, I really like TB's "WTF Is.." videos too.

I have watched maybe one Angry Joe thing ever. As you can probably tell I'm less interested in the game reviewers.

Speaking of which Phelous and Lupa are doing a let's play of a weird FMV with John Hurt.

Watching the latest Game Station Podcast which has Husky instead of TotalBiscuit and oh my god he's an awful alternate. He has nothing interesting to add to the conversation, does an awful job 'hosting' it, isn't really funny to make up for being uninformative and spends most of the Podcast saying "OH YEAH WE SHOULD PLAY THIS STUFF ON MY CHANNEL, THIS STUFF HAPPENED ON THE PLAY THROUGH WE DID ON MY CHANNEL".

And Ro seems nice and is pretty. But man she has nothing interesting to say. Which is not what I want from a podcast.

I mean it doesn't fall apart without TB or anything, but it's just nowhere near the level of quality conversation and the guest that doesn't seem to know much about the games doesn't help.

Husky's always like that, though. The last few TGS podcasts I've seen with him on as a guest he's just sort of sat there and listened to everyone else talk, and Ro's about the same way.

Really, though, I could do with the TGS podcast just being Jesse, TB & Dodger. Most of the time the fourth guest adds nothing whatsoever anyway.

You did just remind me that there's probably a new Nerdy Nummies up on Ro's channel, though!

JonTron was a pretty great guest! I also thought AngryJoe was a much better guest on the podcast than he is an actual internet reviewer. >_>

I also liked Simon of the Yogscast a lot, but his episode turned a bit meh towards the end as he was basically falling asleep.

• 3 weeks later...

Spooney has been suspended from TGWTG for four weeks because of his latest twitter tirade where he went off on someone who tweeted him. At least that's what I assume it's for.

They tell him to cut his hair? :shifty:

Not sure if him getting suspended from there is a big deal anyway caus what exactly does it mean? They wont post his content on there for that period of time? It's not like he has any anyway unless he gets productive all of a sudden and posts anything other than his Ultima IX part 2.

But this is the perfect time for me to catch up on Something Awful's version of this thread in which everyone plays amatuer psychiatrist worse than Quom and lists Spoony and his problems in great detail!

Oh god, they have a dedicated Spoony topic now just to discuss his antics! :lol:

• Like 1

It's kind of hard to feel bad for him when he makes a life making youtube videos. You don't get my sympathy with a job that awesome for being a miserable, cynical fuck. Spoony has been awful for so long though, so I don't really care. Maybe this'll be a wake up call and he'll start doing some good stuff again.

Eh. It interested me until I heard the reviews where they said it's got even less of a story than Skyrim. The boss battles sound fun, but Capcom has promised something fun and then not delivered too many times for me to bother. The Demo didn't inspire any confidence either. I'll give it a try when it comes down in price maybe.

It's kind of hard to feel bad for him when he makes a life making youtube videos. You don't get my sympathy with a job that awesome for being a miserable, cynical fuck. Spoony has been awful for so long though, so I don't really care. Maybe this'll be a wake up call and he'll start doing some good stuff again.

I think it's more a case of his girlfriend leaving him almost two years ago fucking him up more than anything. Even if his job is the bestest job in the world, he seems completely hung up on that and depressed.

But this is the perfect time for me to catch up on Something Awful's version of this thread in which everyone plays amatuer psychiatrist worse than Quom and lists Spoony and his problems in great detail!

We should do that here.

Here's one: you know that Unemployed Historian? I hear he's a nice bloke that is liked very much by his peers because... Uh... He kills kittens on the side or something?

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/thenews/35675-a-farewell-to-noah-antwiler-aka-spoonyone-with-ca

The best of luck to Spoony in all of his future endevaours!

I would imagine most of Spoony's traffic goes through his own site so I can't imagine not being listed on TGWTG anymore will effect him too badly. He still seems to have his dedicated fans that will defend him to the death and insult Lupa et al for 'getting him fired'.

How did we get to a point where internet reviewers were such a source of massive internet fucking drama?