General Web Series Thread (YouTubers, LPs, Vloggers Etc)

Hobo

Yeah, that was all over the Twitters yesterday.

The new Nostalgia Critic is up today. I've been editing and don't really find Doug Walker that funny anymore so I've not watched it.

It has a rather jarring new intro sequence complete with out of place rock music, no longer attempts to mask the ad break (and uses that same intro as bumpers) and shoe horns in those guys from his other project, I suspect because he's already paying them or because he feels obligated since that whole thing got ditched within five minutes.

But 'twas OK, I suppose. :shifty:

I do find a lot of folk aren't really great with the commercials. Linkara and MikeJ write gags about them. Phelous and Lupa just kinda let them happen.

I never watched anything but 30 seconds of demo reel. I might try NC version 2, once.

NC is back?! I guess it didn't make sense to kill off the golden goose, and THEN move the production of everything TGWTG related to a large warehouse.

Yeah. I think this fixes on of the big NC problems though. He should just go for movies from whatever time periode, i barly knew most of the shit he did and i watched less and less of his output.

I am sure he is very hard working, with restricting him from new movies and having a crazy amount of videos and convention visits he just had to burn out at some point. (did the guy ever take a proper vacation in the past years?)

There might be good stuff comming now. Not a fan of the sketches (i don´t even mind his actors, he just dos not write em funny anymore.. which is sad since some of the old sketches they did were funny), but with lifting the ban on newer movies and some time of he might bring a bit more to the table again.

Aaaand right away NC Twilight goes up.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/38229-nostalgia-critic-is-twilight-the-worst-thing-ever

Ok, that was shitty.

did the guy ever take a proper vacation in the past years?

No offence to Hobo and other internet reviewers, but seriously? The guy's full-time job is making twenty minute comedy videos and going to conventions. I know it's harder work than it looks, but I'm not going to take any pity on the guy for being so hard working that he hadn't "taken a proper vacation" when he's in full control of how he uses his time, and making money doing something considerably more fun and, you would expect, more rewarding than what most of us do for a living.

You´ed be surprised at how long creating creative contend can take. And if you are your own boss, giving yourself time of means not makeing money during that time so it´s a lot harder than youéd think to just do nothing for a week.

But i was comming at it more from a burnout angle. It´s extremly hard, if not impossible, to stay good at what you do in creative work if you don´t take time of every now and than.

We're talking about Doug Walker right?

I am not sure he has ever complained about it. He has no real online presence outside of his Facebook.

I think the NC burnout came from doing the same old gags for four years.