Working On New Scenario(TEW2005)

I'm a big fan of iDOM and playing a game got me inspired to create my own alternative reality where things could've gone very differently. I've started working on a TEW2005 scenario recently and have been making good progress. As of now, I'm calling it HOWL2012(Subject to change if I come up with something better!).

What the heck is HOWL2012 about? HOWL2012 poses the question "What if Paul Heyman got the deal for TNA in summer 2010 and recieved complete creative control?". Going off that, I've created an alternate reality where the past 2 years in wrestling have become drastically different. How different could it be?

QRytx.jpg

Here's some ways.

• Paul Heyman brings in a creative team with his proteges such as Gabe Sapolsky and Dave Lagana. Under Heyman's regime, TNA becomes a youth orientated, fast action, cutting edge promotion that looks to pose a serious challenge to the WWE.
  • The Nexus becomes a success and ushers in a new Era of WWE under the creative department led by HHH.
  • The NWA forms a new promotion as a collection of the best talent available on the indy scene simply called NWA Wrestling, and, soon the promotion rivals ROH head to head to become the 3 promotion.
  • ROH is never bought by the Sinclair Broadcasting Company, instead ROH suffers various shake-ups after talent leaves for TNA and WWE, finding a new booker, and searching for a new TV deal. Their biggest hurdle is losing Davey Richards after he retires at Final Battle 2010.
    Those are just the most massive details in the game to give everyone an idea of what this scenario will be like. I'm doing my homework and trying to show the other side of the coin for things that have nearly happened in the past two years. And here we run into where I need some help! I'm very knowledgeable of the American wrestling scene but I need some help with the following areas...

• Mexican Wrestling; I'm not up-to-date at all on anything lucha, so I'm looking for someone who could help me restructure the lucha promotions and add some changes down south.
    • Japanese Wrestling; While I've got a few ideas for what to do with Japan, I don't have enough to really make it fun for players. I'm looking for help to alter the rosters or maybe play out a scenario where one of the Big 4 fails, or even a merger, let's figure it out.
    • Womens Wrestling: See above.
    • European Wrestling: I know nothing about European wrestling besides a few wrestlers. I may not even include these promotions in the game, since they really are not going to have much focus, unless someone really has some great ideas.

If you can help me out, that'd help out a ton and be quicker for me to release the scenario and I'd be obliged. I'm planning on writing up a semi-detailed history for the past 2 years featuring title changes, news, big events and so forth, much like iDOM.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. If you're interested in helping out, post a reply or private message me and we can go from there.

My main issue is that I personally feel that two years isn’t really enough time to make a wrestling industry that different, if anything I’d say that the game world you suggest would be one of a dying age with TNA going through a stupidly quick growth and ROH a seemingly quick death.

Now this is just my suggestion, looking back Heyman’s WWE run was roughly 2001 to 2006, now I get the main theme would be that this is meant to make TNA into a proper contender against WWE to an extent that 2012 is a return to the Monday Night Wars, well if you match dates with TNA in 2006 TNA rehired Vince Russo so a logical idea I’d put like to suggest is the following for a starting point.

WWE tries to revive ECW during 2006, it does One Night Stand then launches ECW on Sci-Fi however after the first week the ratings begin plummeting to such an extent that WWE effectively does damage control and axes ECW within three months of it starting, Heyman gets annoyed at the meddling of the McMahon’s in what he thought would be his show and after being told to return to booking OVW he hands in his resignation and leaves the company.

30 days later TNA does a press release of a new head booker in Paul Heyman and he begins turning the company around. Over the next couple of years Heyman is able to improve and develop the talent as well as brining in his own booking team who I’d have as Lagana and D’Amore for the first couple years and then Sapolsky joining in 2008. In TNA he has a less invasive owner who is willing to allow Heyman the room to develop a product that by the start of the 2010’s is at a level competing with WWE.

• 6 months later...

Just a thought: What if TNA and ROH combined in this scenario?

I've always hated this idea. There's no point. ROH does not touch TNA in terms of exposure and popularity. The benefits of TNA going out of their way to merge with ROH would be slim to none, and would lead to every casual fan just asking themselves, "what the hell is ROH". If TNA wants guys that ROH has, they could sign them with ease, but only if the worker wants to put up with the backstage politics and situations in TNA.

I like what the poster above mentioned about Heyman taking over in 2006 and becoming head booker then, giving the timeline six years to build TNA up as a real contender with the WWE. Given that situation, I could imagine ROH becoming completely irrelevant, given that the backstage climate of TNA would probably be much better, professional, well organized, and enjoyable than it is in real life, and the stars of ROH would love to join the company on the up and rise which also promotes great wrestling, instead of staying in the indies where they prefer to showcase their talents instead of becoming some scrub on the current TNA roster, where all those guys are really just trying to earn a decent paycheck.

I think 2 years is fine for TNA to grow into a "credible threat" for WWE, just as long as they weren't genuine equals. Realistically in 2010 TNA has prime-time national television, a touring schedule, 12 PPVs, and international touring. If they get a creative boost that after say 6 months starts to build real momentum then I can see TNA growing at a pretty solid rate. It would be a little easier to sell if WWE struggled or took the same path it did in reality, then you can tell the story of frustrated WWE fans switching over, but it seems like the goal of this is less about TNA rising to the top and more about a new era of wrestler and stars what with the Nexus taking control of WWE. But that's just a guess.

We don't really know what howlingman has planned so I think its unfair to judge it so early, since we all seem to just be taking leaps to try and figure out exactly how it plays out. I do agree that TNA shouldn't be WWE's equal in 2 years, but the writeup sounded more like the scenerio begins with TNA starting to threaten. And honestly, how much difference is there between WCW 1994 and TNA 2010? Surely TNA could make the same leaps forward in 2 years that WCW did leading the nWo/Monday Night Wars?

My greater concern would be that it seems to be a sort of Wrestling Utopia. WWE is doing well, TNA is rising, and NWA Wrestling has risen as #3. Even ROH sounds like its arguably ahead of where it is today in reality and just a booker, tv show, and a few key wrestlers away from joining the Golden Era. There's nothing wrong with a "Golden Era" but ultimately one company's gains coming from another company's losses makes more sense to me than everyone doing well and there just being more wrestling fans or a ton of money being spent.

But its an interesting idea and I'm curious to see what you go with it. I'm not as skeptical as others and think the rough outline makes enough sense. The devil is in the details.

I'm not one who cares for fantasy situations scenario's for the most part, but this does seem like a pretty good idea. I could help somewhat, but considering I'm doing the 98 DB at the moment, I won't be able to contribute much.

From the looks of it this guy hasn’t been active since May so I’d assume any possibility of this seeing the light of day might be gone however in saying that right now I don’t have much on so do right now besides the real world updates so i could do a little back story rework and rebrand this as the Aftermath of Ruthless Aggression.

From the looks of it this guy hasn't been active since May so I'd assume any possibility of this seeing the light of day might be gone however in saying that right now I don't have much on so do right now besides the real world updates so i could do a little back story rework and rebrand this as the Aftermath of Ruthless Aggression.

You know what's funny is that I didn't even look at when the post was made, I just saw a response and figured it was a new post that got a little momentum behind it over night. If you have free time, you should definitely help me with the 98 DB lol.

Haha, no shit man I feel your pain. I appreciated everything you and other DB makers did prior to taking on your series idea, and that respect has increased tenfold.

As far as the 98 DB goes, I just made a post about it in the thread, I might actually have it handled.