WWE '13

tenaciousg

Got the trailer off YouTube. You might be able to find it there by yourself, but THQ's in the process of containing the leak.

Not as disappointed as I would've thought.

From that trailer alone, it looks like we've got:

CLASSIC ATTIRES/SUPERSTARS

- Mankind (KOTR '98)

- Undertaker (KOTR '98)

- Steve Austin (The same attire he's had in the last 3 games)

CURRENT SUPERSTARS

- CM Punk (MitB '11 red/white/blue attire)

- Sheamus (2011/2012 Green/black attire)

- Mark Henry (2011/2012 red/black attire)

- Big Show (2011/2012 camouflage attire)

- Chris Jericho (2010/2012 lightish-red attire)

Yeah, we'll probably find out more (like if the Show/Henry ring-breaker superplex shown in the video is something you can do in a match or something that happens in Universe) on Monday.

EDIT: Two more tidbits that went under the radar. Ledesma revealed them last month:

- The CAS layer count on the PS3 has been upgraded from 32 to 64.

- You will be able to have matches with up to six Divas.

I just hope they release something without too many glitches. The fact that community creations still doesn't work is beyond ridiculous. And then all the problems in universe mode, like the mitb winner not showing up, etc.

I got bored of WWE '12 pretty quickly, so I really hope this one is a actual improvement. I heard there's no more rtw, instead we'll get a story mode, which sounds way better.

MANKIND YAY. Oh yeah, loads of attitude era stars were rumoured to have signed contracts for the game a few months ago too.. and I believe a few confirmed it...?!

Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, DDP and X-Pac were all offered these contracts apparently.

Can you get the pre order stuff eventually? I bought 12 on pre order cause you got The Rock along with it, but for those that didn't, were they able to get it eventually? Just wanted to know, incase this new game turns out to be good.

Can you get the pre order stuff eventually? I bought 12 on pre order cause you got The Rock along with it, but for those that didn't, were they able to get it eventually?

They were.

Also, in the UK at least, you could buy WWE 12 not on pre-order and just download The Rock with the code that comes with it.

So basically the video confirms 5 active guys that were always going to be in, an Undertaker attire he had in games before, Austin who was a certainty and Mankind who everyone knew would be as soon as it was confirmed as Attitude based?..As for the ring collapse, probably just a cutscene from either Universe, Story Designer or Season Mode... Not a single thing so far proves this game is a must buy.

Edited by zrc

So basically the video confirms 5 active guys that were always going to be in, an Undertaker attire he had in games before, Austin who was a certainty and Mankind who everyone knew would be as soon as it was confirmed as Attitude based?..As for the ring collapse, probably just a cutscene from either Universe, Story Designer or Season Mode... Not a single thing so far proves this game is a must buy.

Whilst you are right, and I watched it thinking "what is the hook here?", we only have 1 minute of trailer footage to go on so far. I hope that when they expand on the Season mode and everything it will look like an appealling buy.

I tend to buy this every year regardless of how good it looks, and rarely do I regret it. I think I own every Smackdown game since Just Bring It except for SvR 2009.

I know I say it every year, but I won't be buying this year. I barely played WWE '12 and that was when I had plenty of time on my hands, I definitely don't see myself playing this one. Wrestling games just don't do it for me any more, I only end up creating lots of characters and doing nothing with them.

I'm genuinely intrigued in seeing which Attitude era guys get in just because the rumors have been so far out there. The DX members winding up in is one thing (and the latest rumor with X-Pac is that his model was made but he might be held out as DLC because he hasn't signed off on actually appearing yet) but there have been so many random Attitude-era names being thrown around in the rumor mill even if they aren't "Legends" in the traditional sense. I've heard The Godfather, Boss Man, Rikishi, and Too Cool. Some MMA magazine announced that Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman would be in as well. I take it all with a grain of salt but some of those names would provide a nice trip down memory lane.

I never thought Edge would be a perennial legend in the games ala Austin and The Rock, but with the Attitude era theme I see him getting in again this year - probably bringing back his 2000 era alternate attire. I see Goldust and William Regal in as members of the regular roster as well, because they'd fit in with the Attitude era theme.

In terms of other new guys, I'm expecting Lord Tensai to make it in. The week after WM seems to be the unofficial cutoff and Sin Cara made it in last year debuting at that same time, so he'll probably be in. Ryback also debuted during that week but him making it in seems more unlikely. Epico and possibly Hunico are the only other guys I see making their WWE game debuts from the regular roster. Guys like The Usos and Jinder Mahal are possible but if they need to fill out the roster with low carders they'd probably be more likely to re-use guys who already have their moves and models in the game (Yoshi Tatsu, Alex Riley, Heath Slater, etc.)