The Last of Us

King.

I've played about three hours and it's good. Not been blown away by anything yet, but it's still in very early stages. Wasn't impressed by the auto-save fucking up earlier though, costing me about 20 minutes of play.

Did the auto-save lock? Happened to me. Only cost me 5mins, luckily.

Exploration has finally started to kick in a bit. Man, the Bow is not good. I guess they wanted a trade off for the stealth - low ammo and low damage. Some really great stuff with deciding how to use your scrap. I had enough to make 3 shivs, I ended up killing Clickers with them and then found 2 secret rooms I couldn't access without one.

The bit in the tunnels with the flooded water and fog... holy shit, did that look awful to anyone else? Most of the time this game is stunning for the PS3, but holy shit, it was like navigating a JPEG. Not good. Game has picked up a lot now it's just me and the girl, though. Feels a lot less hand holdy. I'd like there to be a little bit more exploration, but the amount you're given is pretty nice. It's somewhere between the linearity of Uncharted and the "open world" of Arkham Asylum. There's still really only one place/way to go, but you've got quite big areas to explore and some fun ways to get around them.

I've played about three hours and it's good. Not been blown away by anything yet, but it's still in very early stages. Wasn't impressed by the auto-save fucking up earlier though, costing me about 20 minutes of play.

Did the auto-save lock? Happened to me. Only cost me 5mins, luckily.

Aye. Made me paranood and I'm checking regularly now.

Man, I'm finding the infected bits hard. I suck at stealth, and when I inevitably balls it up its usually followed by death and a restart. I'm about two or three hours in and this has yet to earn the hype its got, but the potential is there. Feels like Uncharted without the insane platforming sections.

Anyone up for some multiplayer later? My tags = ZJ-Penn.

Edited by ZJ Penn

Man, I'm finding the infected bits hard. I suck at stealth, and when I inevitably balls it up its usually followed by death and a restart. I'm about two or three hours in and this has yet to earn the hype its got, but the potential is there.

I think the Infected bits are supposed to be harder. I'm kind of okay with it though, it makes them really fucking tense. There's definitely some parts that require stealth way more. Have you done the bit with the dark room and the clickers yet, fairly early on? That scared the shit out of me.

There's a lot of cool stuff to find if you brave the areas. I found a note in one place about a safe, but didn't find it because I didn't want to risk it. I did manage to find a safe and the code in another part of town, though.

Also holy shit, I barely notice this sort of thing usually, but the god damn sound in this game is incredible. So tense, wandering around, hearing every movement.

And btw, those of you not yet got this, don't install the day 1 patch. Apparently that's the cause of the auto-save glitch.

Man, I'm finding the infected bits hard. I suck at stealth, and when I inevitably balls it up its usually followed by death and a restart. I'm about two or three hours in and this has yet to earn the hype its got, but the potential is there. Feels like Uncharted without the insane platforming sections.

Yeah, I'm really struggling with the stealthy bits. I had to switch it off at the part Tkz was talking about because it was frustrating me so much.

It looks amazing though, and the sound is really well done, tense as all hell in parts. Really strong intro as well, I won't spoil, but that was quite emotional for a video game.

Yeah, I'm really struggling with the stealthy bits. I had to switch it off at the part Tkz was talking about because it was frustrating me so much.

It looks amazing though, and the sound is really well done, tense as all hell in parts. Really strong intro as well, I won't spoil, but that was quite emotional for a video game.

The key is that you don't have to kill every enemy. Better that you don't, honestly. The walkers can't see you in the dark, the clickers can't hear you if you move slowly. I found the best thing to do was make my way through the outside and around, throwing bottles and so on into the center to keep the clickers distracted.

I haven't encountered it just yet. I wonder if it's caused at some point during the early game by the patch, so I've avoided it thanks to that? I've just been saving manually every time anyway... I hope my save is safe.

I've progressed to the church/graveyard area. Honestly, my only problem so far is that when it comes to stealth, I feel like it's near impossible to sneak up on some enemies. I get the realism factors they've employed, but the fact I can't grab a walker before it spots me a lot of the time gets irritating. It's okay with the clickers, that's their gimmick. Just the regular infected.

Honestly I get the feeling this was too hyped. It's a great game, but the 10's all around has made my expectations stupidly high. I think I'm going to wipe them entirely and continue on expecting just a fairly good game. I'm hoping that'll lead to me enjoying it more, rather than scoffing the whole way through at the 10's everyone gave it.