The Walking Dead Video Game

OctoberRaven

This week. Tuesday and Wensday depending on were you are and what platform you want it for.

And it´s actually free.

Is this episode part of the season 1 season pass or multipack?

No. 400 Days is DLC (downloadable content) for Season One and therefore requires an additional purchase to play. However, if you’d like to buy or if you have already purchased Walking Dead Season One from the Telltale Online Store, 400 Days is included as a thank you for your purchase.

I did buy it at their store, but played it on steam so thats were my savegame is at. (when the season started they were days behind steam because of problems, so they send out steam keys to everyone)

Telltale :wub:

Finished.

It was great. The choices and everything were well done.

Playing the Russell and the stranger section, I actually came close to killing the stranger. I put the gun to him and one of the options at a point was to kill him. I didn't. I immediately regretted not selecting that choice after. I knew he was an evil man and I knew he deserved to die; the stranger went on to kill the old man in the gas station. But I didn't do it and I felt awful after I didn't. It's kind of the beauty of the game. I don't really know while playing the game if my choice ultimately mattered. Maybe the 'shoot him' choice didn't matter in the scheme of things. But it was the weight of the decision that weighed on me quite heavily. Maybe my instinct to be good got innocent people killed.

RPS, if you could give me a spoilerless answer to this question I have about 400 days.

You have played it, how much of your season 1 choices did you see in 400 days? Where they a lot and did they have a big part, or where they minor/nothing?

I am wondering because I haven't got TWDs1 on my system anymore and I dont feel like playing through the main game just to play 400 days.

Finished.

Playing the Russell and the stranger section, I actually came close to killing the stranger. I put the gun to him and one of the options at a point was to kill him. I didn't. I immediately regretted not selecting that choice after. I knew he was an evil man and I knew he deserved to die; the stranger went on to kill the old man in the gas station. But I didn't do it and I felt awful after I didn't. It's kind of the beauty of the game. I don't really know while playing the game if my choice ultimately mattered. Maybe the 'shoot him' choice didn't matter in the scheme of things. But it was the weight of the decision that weighed on me quite heavily. Maybe my instinct to be good got innocent people killed.

I couldn't tell when I was playing Russell's mini-campaign whether I hated Nate or if I liked him. I ended up getting forced to stay with him, I guess, after he shot the elderly couple. Not that it counts for much since Nate's nowhere to be found when Tavia shows up to recruit the five people.

RPS, if you could give me a spoilerless answer to this question I have about 400 days.

You have played it, how much of your season 1 choices did you see in 400 days? Where they a lot and did they have a big part, or where they minor/nothing?

I am wondering because I haven't got TWDs1 on my system anymore and I dont feel like playing through the main game just to play 400 days.

Well, nothing is ever explicitly shown; but you'll see the occasional reference here and there.

I liked it a lot. It´s obvious that you cannot build ties as big as in the full season when you only get a short span of time with all different characters. I was sad when it cut every time...

Is there a Samuel L. Jackson Cameo for three words?! I remember him doing something for the Video Game Awardshow so it might not just be my mind plaing Trix on me. - The guy getting choked on the bus.

I did not get Russel to come, maybe i should have played him more trusting, but it´s not to bad because remember how much the group at the end of Episode 4 mattered. A bit sad because i think i liked his episode best.

Finished.

I couldn't tell when I was playing Russell's mini-campaign whether I hated Nate or if I liked him. I ended up getting forced to stay with him, I guess, after he shot the elderly couple. Not that it counts for much since Nate's nowhere to be found when Tavia shows up to recruit the five people.

From the second I encountered Nate I didn't like him. If there was an option not to have joined him, I would have done that. I had a chance to kill him and I didn't. I don't know if it was a real option or if it would have just led me to the option of having to go into the diner, but still. It's the nature of the game. The choices I make are very revealing about me as a person. I didn't go with my instinct and the worst happened.

What I liked about this episode was really explicit references and dealing with things like race and gender. Was interesting to see the game tackle them in a very forward manner.

• 2 months later...

Bought the 5 part series last week and just finished it, really impressive. There's moments where you feel slightly cheated by the divergent story bit, particularly the end of 4 to the beginning of 5, but the story keeps you interested when the gameplay isn't quite there.

Ending question:

Did the final few decisions make any difference? I got Clem to handcuff me, then told her not to kill me. There's a bit of me hoping for zombie Lee to escape in Season 2 so I doubt the leaving him made much difference to this one, but did the cuffs do anything differently?

Bought the 5 part series last week and just finished it, really impressive. There's moments where you feel slightly cheated by the divergent story bit, particularly the end of 4 to the beginning of 5, but the story keeps you interested when the gameplay isn't quite there.

Ending question:

Did the final few decisions make any difference? I got Clem to handcuff me, then told her not to kill me. There's a bit of me hoping for zombie Lee to escape in Season 2 so I doubt the leaving him made much difference to this one, but did the cuffs do anything differently?

Not sure, really, but I had her kill Lee anyway, in a kind of "If you can kill Walker Me, you won't hesitate with other walkers" mindset.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilEB4KTTOIo

AHHH!!!!!

I need to go back through season 1 and play through the 400 Days DLC.

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

You can now PreOrder at TellTale just aswell as at Steam. Just like with the Wolf Among us TellTale is bringing the free DVD Version back for this one if you buy the game at their site (usually you were able to pay 20$ later on to not only get the boxed dvd but a collectors edition so i think this might happen here to).

Obvious insta buy. From what i gathered you will Play Clementine?