The Walking Dead Video Game

OctoberRaven

Got this about 3 weeks ago, finally got around to playing it.

Here's what I did in episode 1(spoilered for dramatic effect :P ).

Lied to Hershel?

Fuck no, it's Hershel man. Besides he'd likely see through my bullshitting anyway.

54%, of other players, also told the truth.

Who would you save?

Shawn. Figured Duck's father would end up saving his kid anyway and c'mon, it's Hershels son! Seemed like a nice guy to.

48%, of other players, also tried to save Shawn.

Loyalty

Sided with Kenny. Already didn't try to save Duck and wanted to regain credibility with Kenny.(worked to, as he called me a good friend when he saved me later on)

54%, of other players sided with Kenny. Seriously? 46% sided with the fucker who wanted to kill a kid, in cold blood, because he had a dirty face?Edit:-Just saw the "previously on" bit for episode 2 and it does actually look like Duck may have got bitten(not sure how I missed that possibility when it actually happened), oh well I'd still side against Larry on principle for being so eager to kill a kid and yeah, I needed Kenny credibility as I previously mentioned.

Mercy

Yeah I gave her the gun. Mercy and all that. She was bitten and an emotional wreck and would have only suffered further.

47%, of other players, also gave her the gun.

Who would you save?

Doug. I pretty much knew the other one would die but I was trying to look at things realistically as if I was there myself. With that mindset Doug seemed slightly closer & looked in more danger. If I was in Lee's position, I'd have wanted to save both and would have judged there being a greater chance of saving Doug and then having time to still save Carley, than the reverse.

51%, of other players also saved Doug. This one surprised me, as I figured people would save a potential love interest over the tech guy.

Here's what I did in episode 2(spoilered for dramatic effect :P ).

Savior

I had to try and save him, so I hacked his leg.

43%, of other players, also hacked his leg off. Surprised that this few people didn't have the stomach for it. Perhaps they ran out of time?

Interrogation

She has a crossbow and we had guns. Why wouldn't I listen to her?

60%, of other players, also listened to what she had to say. Not surprised here. Information is good and after the video camera freak out, it seemed like it might be something important to learn.

Pragmatism

Thought there was still a chance he wasn't dead, so I tried to save him and frankly Kenny was being such a ginormous douche in this episode + Larry had some good lines and had mellowed a bit this episode.

51%, of other players also tried to save him. Surprised here. Thought more would have still hated Larry too much. Sympathy for Lilly?

Revenge

Boy did I want to kill one but if I killed either of them, after giving Kenny grief over Larry, I'm a total hypocrite right?

61%, of other players, also didn't kill both brothers. The final scene with Andy, made it worth sparing him. I'm glad more people got to experience that, at the first time of asking.

Survival

No I didn't take the supplies. Kenny seemed to want to do it and yeah, screw him. <_<

49%, of other players, also chose not to take the supplies. Thought I was being a pansy, lol, Almost half agreed with me it seems.

Here's what I did in episode 3(spoilered for dramatic effect :P ).

Sweet, merciful death

Not survival smart but I shot her. Was actually trying to shoot a zombie and shot her by accident, to be truthful :P

40%, of other players, also shot her. Not surprised. Not for me but I can see the logic.

Left Behind

She was in a poor state of mind and only shot Doug by accident. Seemed cruel to leave her there.

55%, of other players, also did not leave her. Thought this may have been a divisive decision.

Did you fight Kenny?

His boy was about to die, why the fuck would I? Sure he has been a douche lately but poor Duck aka Robin :(

45%, of other players, also talked him down. Can't blame people I guess.

A heavy burden

I had to, Kenny was broken :(

81%, of other players, also shot him. Seems the majority also wanted to spare Kenny the pain.

A helping hand

Omid was injured and Christa can take care of herself.

60%, of other players, also helped Omid. As I figured.

In my haste, I've accidentally pre ordered season two for Pc instead of Xbox, so if anyone wants the activation keys when it comes out for 15 bucks, let me know.

Here's what I did in episode 4(spoilered for dramatic effect :P ).

The boy in the attic

Was I the only one that read between the lines, that the game was telling you that Kenny needs to shoot this zomboy, for his own mental well being, after being unable to shoot Duck(my playthrough)?

75%, of other players, also didn't shoot the zomboy. Lol I guess I wasn't.

Hippocratic Oath

I was honest with him, because who wants to risk pissing off the doc and Omid dying? All hail Omid!

58%, of other players, also were rational and honest. Seems about right.

Home Alone

I think it was Christa who said it's a good idea to toughen Clem up and I agreed. This seemed like a good oportunity to do so.

55%, of other players, also brought her. I hope the other 45% wanted her to stay behind, to protect Omid.All hail Omid!

For whom the bell tolls

To me that was Ben giving up, more than him making a noble sacrifice. If he is to die, there are better ways to die a noble and helpful death.

53%, of other players, also saved Ben. Yeah I'd buy that. I know a lot of people seemed to dislike the character.

The bite reveal

As if they wouldn't find out eventually anyway. Why give them a reason to be uber-pissed off at me, for nothing. Besides I had an inkling that hiding it, may even be a key decision in whether some characters decide to abandon you or not at some point in the next episode.

82%, of other players, also showed the bite. That high percentage surprised me. Thought most would choose deception in a za! :P

Who came with you?

Omid/Christa/Kenny/Ben.

16%, of other players, also managed to convince everyone to come with them. Wow, what an even percentage spread amongst the other groups.

Here's what I did in episode 5(spoilered for dramatic effect :P ).

Desperation

Of course I cut it off. At worst it buys time to find Clem and at best it might have even saved Lee.

68%, of other players, also chopped off the arm. 32% missed out on classic one armed jokes? For shame people!

Fallout

I had pretty much forgiven Kenny for anything he'd done to this point. Didn't see the point in ending things fighting each other.

54%, of other players, also calmly argued with Kenny. I suppose I can't blame others for wanting to take out some frustrations on him though.

Disarmed

I wanted to see how it'd play out this way. Besides I had a feeling he'd find me out, if I lied.

30%, of other players, also kept a hold of something. Da fark? I'm sure I gave everything up?

Stranger

My button finger was getting sore!

10%, of other players, also let Clem kill the stranger. My poor finger!

Goodbye

No fucking way Lee goes through all this, only to end up a zombie at the end of it all.

95%, of other players, also made sure Lee didn't turn. Yeah I agree, much better it ends this way.

Obviously some spoilers in there, but still an interesting discussion. I'm hoping TWD Season 2 drops soon. Like, next week soon.

Massive big w sale today. Saw season 1 on ps3 and it had 400 days included with it. Now when I get it, it'll cost me a portion of my pitiful monthly data allowance on pc instead of it already being on the disk. Wish I could have held out buying the game until now :(

Finally getting through the first season after finishing the first episode back in July. I really like the game but also hate how I question my decisions after the fact (which I do like for the atmosphere of the game). These are my decisions thus far, after finishing episode 3 just now.

Episode 1
Honest with Hershel
Saved Duck

Defended Kenny
Gave Irene the gun

Saved Carley

Episode 2

Chopped David's legs

Had Danny shoot Jolene (it was at this point that I became suspicious of the St. Johns I think)
Didn't help kill Larry (I was going to help Lilly save him, but I ran out of time)
Didn't kill both brothers (killed the one in the barn and left the other to suffer)

Stole the food

Episode 3
Didn't shoot the girl in the streets

Left Lilly behind

Talked Kenny down

I shot Duck

I didn't save Omid

When Ben told me that he was the one that was giving the bandits the supplies I was pissed. Because of what he did I left Lilly behind for shooting Carley. Right now my party is Kenny, Chuck, Christa, Omid, Ben, and Clementine. I really wish I had tried having Lilly shoot Ben during the argument over who was stealing the supplies or kept Lilly with us after she shot Carley. It's tough trying to make decisions based on personal, gut instincts and what would make the most sense/be the most helpful. I didn't want to steal the food because I didn't want others to be left high and dry, but at the same time our group would have needed the food.

Once I finish the remaining two episodes I want to go back and try making different decisions to see how the story turns out.

Edited by Vitamin E