The Walking Dead Video Game

OctoberRaven

Episode 3:

Holy fucking shit. Carley, then Duck and Kat in rapid succession... Lily being written off sucks too because I was hoping to make good with her.

Told everyone I did time, shot the girl, spared Lilly, shot Duck, and helped the new girl first by accident.

Also, minor hint, no plot details but spoilered for those who don't want it:

There's a pencil by the dashboard in the RV.

Start the game, it will automaticly download the new contend. It did for me yesterday. Don´t ask me why it´s not auto updateing like a patch...

It doesn't auto-update for PS3 either, in fact it takes you to the PSN store to download it.

Finally finished Episode Three. I concur with the EWB community, this game is incredible. Hope the rumors of Telltale interested in a "Season 2" are for real. This episode really tests you emotionally.

I've taken a nice guy route, desperate to keep my humanity and protect Clementine, even spared the St John brothers on account I didn't want Clem to see me kill human beings. But when Lily killed Carly I more than anything wanted her dead at that exact moment. And this was after I tried to save her asshole dad Larry in 2.

Also, she knew that I was a killer. That is exactly how I made my decision. One less person to out my secret.

Honestly, this game is superb and the last episode was so great. Your entire group has been decimated. Kenny is damaged goods. Ben is a unreliable. Chuck is a wild card and seems like he may not been committed to the group. Omid seemed reliable, but his leg is busted. Christa is distrustful of the group and of Lee in particular. In the last episode, you lost half of the group. Everything is going down the drain, and quickly. The last two episodes, I'm guessing, will have much more important decisions because they will much more final given that the series will end. A lot of people are complaining that the decisions are still linear, but I don't really care. The story is engrossing and I actually care about the game. When Doug was shot, I was angry and sad. I saw him as a vital member of the group. I was OK with Lilly up until that point, but I abandoned her. Ditto for choosing to shoot Duck. The decision is linear and depending on your involvement in the story probably unimportant. But since I'm engrossed in the game, having to shot Duck myself was a huge decision. Especially after you spent the whole first half of the episode generating a friendship with him. It was horrible to have to kill him.

Wow, just wow is my feeling after I just finished episode 3.

Spoilered due to size and massive plot spoilers.

First having to leave that woman on the streets back in Macon I felt extremely guilty about, I am playing a nice-guy Lee too and it just feels like I was betraying myself for leaving the woman to be killed...

Then you get the whole stuff with stuff gone missing and having to find it, I suspected Ben from the start and when I heard drugs where stolen I thought he was using the shit for himself or something... I also decided to tell everyone but Lily the truth about Lee's past, even though I was pro Lily through the first two games she just looked like she was going mad and to tell her I am a convicted killer would have certainly made her crazy... I made Carley live btw and just rolled with the fact Lee and her got involved or something...

Then the whole raid on the camp starts and Lily losing her mind, and then I just was in utter shock when she shot Carley right in the head. I was so shocked I left her behind purely from my own feeling of shock and betrayal, I felt bad for Lily but she killed someone in cold blood. So from one moment to the other I lost two characters that I was pretty engrossed into. Then Duck gets bitten and he was dying.

Then the group finds the train and I decide to accomodate Duck in his last moments by getting him water and crackers. I was already pretty emotionally spent at that point with Carleys death and also Lily being left behind.

Then Chuck rolls along, I find him a bit... On the odd side of the equasion, I don't really trust him but I am pretty sure the story will make him the trustworthy kind because he is a bum...

And then after fixing up the train we got to say our goodbyes to Duck, I really felt sorry for the guy even though he was one of the only ones I didn't really care for in the story. And with Katjaa commiting suicide my heart just broke seeing Kenny break down in tears, I decided to put Duck away but it just felt so hard. Having to lose 4 characters in one episode just demolished me.

And then Ben decides to tell me he was the culprit of the drug embezzling, I could have literally pushed him over the railing at that point... I knew he was the guy but I was pretty angry for him to come out and be honest about it, but I felt bad for him at the same time having the weight of Carleys death and Lily's abandonment on his mind...

And then we meet Omid and Christa. Omid seems like a nice guy but in terms of concentration he looks like a grown up version of Duck, he looks like a nice guy though. Christa on the other hand is the more cold one clearly looking to be a mother for Clementine and clearly distrusting Lee for some reason we will probably know in the future.

The twist with the walkie talkie I am a bit ''eh'' on, it looks like an unnecesary plot twist just to involve Clem's parents some sort of way but it looks extremely far fetched and I will have to see where it leads, I would rather have something more with the group instead of Clem, but I guess she deserves a bit of the spotlight on her.

But really, Episode 3 is by far the best episode in this entire season. I never had expected it but it tugged every single heart string there was to tug. When Doug died I didn't care that much because I hardly knew the guy, and same with Mark. Larry was clearly gonna die the moment I saw him get the heart attack in episode 1, and I tried to salvage and made Larry like Lee but that didn't help so I wasn't really that angry when Kenny splatted his brains.

Spoilered due to massive ep3 spoilers.

But losing the likes of Carley, Lily, Duck and Katjaa in one episode just wrecked me emotionally. I really started to like all those characters and I never have been so emotionally invested in this game and feel so angry and sad to see the characters die.

Telltale has really done a phenomenal job and this game should receive so much more attention in mainstream, it is really the first game barring maybe MGS3 that has drained me emotionally by what happened in a game. It's amazing, it truly is.

I can't wait for Episode 4 to come out, and I do hope that they get a chance to make a second season, maybe with another setting alltogether.

Wow...

Edited by Jasonmufc

How much does this cost? Watching people play on youtube and seeing them make choices differently than I would bugs the hell out of me now.

How much does this cost? Watching people play on youtube and seeing them make choices differently than I would bugs the hell out of me now.

20 bucks for the full season IIRC.

So yeah, I bought all three and played the first episode... but I can't seem to get to the second. Everytime I click play on the second episode it brings me back to the beginning of the first. Even when I try and start a new game (not continuing from the first episode) it still brings me to the first one. Anyone else get this? Or am I just stupid? <_<

So yeah, I bought all three and played the first episode... but I can't seem to get to the second. Everytime I click play on the second episode it brings me back to the beginning of the first. Even when I try and start a new game (not continuing from the first episode) it still brings me to the first one. Anyone else get this? Or am I just stupid? <_<

Silly question but have you tried un-installing and installing it again?

Maybe there is a problem with your install that makes the game think you don't have the other episode?

If not, have you watched through the entire ''in the next episode'' bit, I am not sure but maybe the game saves after that?